Reaction score
Ok, finished last season 3rd, tied on points with tottenham in second, the season before that I finished 4th, so making progress. Also got beat by Real Madrid in the quarter-finals of the Champions League so non-plussed about that. Now the question is, I need to improve my team, to beat the big boys on a more consistent basis as well as insure more wins against the mid-table teams of the league, with a push for a title. I have about £30 million to spend, but am aiming to spend about £20 mil to keep finances in check.

My defence is good, particularly on the wings, I have a good strike-force and right wingers, as well as creative midfielders.

The positions I think I need to improve are LW, and a ball winning midfielder/ holding midfielder, preferably one who can play both in CM and DM position.

With LW I usually play with inside forwards and have Depay, who's getting better, but not world class yet, and I also play Kadlec. Just sold Carcela. DM i have Jay Spearing and an absolute beast regen, really good. Spearing can also play as a ball winning midfielder, and have Crisetig also.

So who should I get, for about £10 mil each? I'm tempted by Bernard but can't afford him, likewise with naingolan.

Ok, finished last season 3rd, tied on points with tottenham in second, the season before that I finished 4th, so making progress. Also got beat by Real Madrid in the quarter-finals of the Champions League so non-plussed about that. Now the question is, I need to improve my team, to beat the big boys on a more consistent basis as well as insure more wins against the mid-table teams of the league, with a push for a title. I have about £30 million to spend, but am aiming to spend about £20 mil to keep finances in check.

My defence is good, particularly on the wings, I have a good strike-force and right wingers, as well as creative midfielders.

The positions I think I need to improve are LW, and a ball winning midfielder/ holding midfielder, preferably one who can play both in CM and DM position.

With LW I usually play with inside forwards and have Depay, who's getting better, but not world class yet, and I also play Kadlec. Just sold Carcela. DM i have Jay Spearing and an absolute beast regen, really good. Spearing can also play as a ball winning midfielder, and have Crisetig also.

So who should I get, for about £10 mil each? I'm tempted by Bernard but can't afford him, likewise with naingolan.

Jorge Enriquez is a really good DM/defensive CM. (From Chivas)

Had my eye on him for a while, but he moved to Liverpool last season. Got Valerio Verre instead for £5 mil, looks good, bit similar to Crisetig but can still develop.

Still struggling to find a LW but I'm willing to spend around £15 mil now

Konop moved to Man U last season for 21m, where he annoyingly only played 4 games with an average rating of 6.30 and got awarded with worst signing of the season for his troubles. I've signed a 22 y/o regen now for 14m, he's lacking in some areas (passing, creativity, and acceleration are 13, which is why it took a while to find him using my filters), but he's playing well, and his value has gone up to 14.5m after a handful of games, and he's a natural in LW, LM, CM, and CAM, so pretty useful.