Reading FC- Bringing Royalty To The Royals

Patman6000

Reaction score
View attachment 302626

Reading FC
Reading Football Club is an English professional football club, based in Reading, that plays in the Premier League. The club is currently competing in the 2012–13 Premier League season, having gained promotion at the end of last season, after winning The Championship.
Reading are nicknamed The Royals, due to Reading's location in the Royal County of Berkshire, though they were previously known as The Biscuitmen, due to the town's association with Huntley & Palmers. Established in 1871, the club is one of the oldest teams in England, but did not join The Football League until 1920, and had never played in the top tier of English football league system before the 2006–07 season.
The club played at Elm Park for 102 years in West Reading. The club moved in 1998 to the outskirts to the south of Reading to the new Madejski Stadium, which is named after the club's chairman Sir John Madejski.
The club holds the record for the number of successive league wins at the start of a season, with a total of 13 wins at the start of the 1985–86 Third Division campaign and also the record for the number of points gained in a professional league season with 106 points in the 2005–06 Football League Championship campaign. Reading finished eighth in their first ever season as a top flight club.

League
Championship winners 2005-6; 2011-12;

Division 1 Runners-up, 1994-95;
Division 2 Champions, 1993-94;
Division 2 Runners-up 2001-02;
Division 3 Champions, 1985-86;
Division 3(S) Champions, 1925-26;
Division 3(S) Runners-up - 1931-32, 1934-35, 1948-49, 1951-52;
Division 4 Champions, 1978-79.

Simod Cup:
Winners,

FA Cup:
Best season - Semi-final, 1926-27.

Football League Cup:
Best season - Quarter-final, 1995-96, 1997-98.

Squad
View attachment 302639

Squad Analysis

Breaking News
O'Callaghan takes charge at Reading.
The Reading board has announced the appointment of Patrick O'Callaghan as the club's new head-coach.
Reading previous manager,Brian McDermott ,was in charge for 3 years and 28 days before stepping down for personal reasons currenly unknown to the media.

O'Callaghan, who currently has no experience as a manager or a player, was welcomed by the fans upon his arrival.
Later that day he attended a metting with the chairman.

Squad Analysis

Squad Analysis
Goalkeeper

View attachment 303656

I am pleased with the current goalkeepers and do not need to sign
a replacement for anyone.

Defender (Centre)

View attachment 303657

I have three excellent centre-backs but I might need to sign one replacement depending on what formation I chose to play.
Kaspars Gorkss is one of my best players.

View attachment 303661

Defender (Right)

View attachment 303662

This position is probably the weak point of Readings squad. I will need to sign a quality first team right back.

Defender (Left)
View attachment 303664

I do not need any more left backs because Nicky Shorey is great and I have a decent back up.

Defensive Midfield
View attachment 303665

Leigertwood is a first-class defensive midfielder so I will not be needing any more.

Midfielder (Centre)
View attachment 303666

​I will most likely be playing Karacan and Guthrie in the centre but I lack back up centre-mids.

Winger (Right)
View attachment 303667

One of the strongest positions on the team with a good first team winger and plenty of back up.

Winger (Left)
View attachment 303668

I definitely need to sign a new left winger. The current players I see more as back up players. Jordan Obita is my best young player and he has bags of potential.

View attachment 303669

Striker
View attachment 303673

I have lots of ace strikers in the squad. Pavel Pogrebnyak is my first choice striker for obvious reasons.

View attachment 303674

Conclusion

I need to sign:
  1. A quality left winger.
  2. A right back for the first team.
  3. Two back up centre mids.
  4. A back up central defender.

Pre-Season

Pre-Season
View attachment 305929

Pre-season went better than I had anticipated. We only lost one game of the six. As I expected Pogrebnyak scored the majority of my goals. I think Reading will do very well indeed this season.

Upcoming Fixtures
View attachment 305940

Probably the most difficult start to a season I could have possibly gotten. Reading will have to pick up their points in the second three games. A home win against Wigan will be

very possible.

Next Update will include transfers.

Last edited:
Transfer

Reading Transfers

Out
View attachment 305967

These were sold due to there high wages and having plenty of other players in their position.

In
View attachment 305968

#1 Wellington Nem
View attachment 305971
My best signing in this transfer window turned out to be my best player. Wellington Nem is a wonderful player with lots of potential to be one of the best in the Premier League.

#2 Tomas Hubschmen
View attachment 305972
This Shakhtar Donetsk legend came at a cheap price of only 3.8m. He will be my first choice centre back.

#3 Davide Petrucci
View attachment 305974
Davide Petrucci is a great young player and will eventually boss the midfield for me in a couple of seasons.

#4 Sylvain Marveaux
View attachment 305975
My solution to the left wing problem. Marveaux is a good player and is still
only 26 meaning he will have a good few seasons.

Last edited:
Why did you pay for Wellington Nem 600k more than his release clause?!

not sure I've read a story where someone hasn't signed wellington nem..
that said, those are some solid signings, and fair kop on getting nearly 3m for cummings ha. I like marveaux on FM but he's VERY injury prone, make sure you've got decent enough cover..