Reading open to offers for Shorey

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Relegated Reading will sell Nicky Shorey if they receive an attractive offer for the England defender.

More...

Is he a LB?

If he is i think Boro should take a look. He is probably at his peak footballing age at the moment and i don't think much of Taylor atm.

The bid would have to be low though as i don't think there are too much in the way of funds available in the summer and the majority needs to be spent on the midfield.

His a LB. Good player IMO. Left peg is quality, would do well at most of the mid table teams in the PL.

Would be a good signing i think he will end up at West Ham or someone like that rather than Boro

Deserves to be at a top club. England's best left back imo. Always assured when defending, he can cross a good ball and he's a good attacking option as well.

better than ashley cole and wayne bridge? i beg to differ while one has just been relegated and the other two are at one of the best clubs in the world....

better than ashley cole and wayne bridge? i beg to differ while one has just been relegated and the other two are at one of the best clubs in the world....

Yeah, better than cole and bridge. You've got to bear in mind Shorey has been awesome for a poorer team with sub-standard players, while the other two have been consistent however, have had the luxury of playing with top class players.

has he really been awesome? i mean he doesnt chip in with that many goals and defensively he cant have been awesome as they shipped loads of goals, he hasnt chipped in with that many assists either. i mean i think hes a good player and id have him at boro any time but i just think saying hes better than cole and bridge is a step too far. shorey might just look good in readings side cos they're so **** ie dave nugent at preston , i know a reading fan and he said shoreys been aab all season although he was class in their first season in the prem

i think he will end up at West Ham or someone like that rather than Boro

Yeah, West Ham already had bid rejected in January didn't they? or was it last summer? and reports are linking him with them again.

And don't be ridiculous Ad.

Shorey is aab. Belongs at a bottom half club at best.

Very average player who has been hyped a bit by the media because hes english. If a foreign player had the ability he had no-one would care.

yeah agreed hes nothing special at all i think ad just likes to be different :p