Reading to Man City...(some advice needed)...

BlackSamba

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just finished my Third season with Reading and finished a respectable 16th despite being staunch favorites for the drop. I would have done better however if my key defender, Galeano hadn't got tendonitis in his knee which kept him out for 5 months, I'm sure 11th-13th was more likely.

However to my surprise, Man City offerred me the job after Harry Redknapp managed just 6th Place. I am only an ex-professional but it seems my work at Reading has got me noticed (not hard I know).

Any way i've abandoned Reading and am yet to get my new expectations and enter the start of the new season. I have £41million left in my budget and am apparently 'under-staffed'.

My first actions were to get rid of Balotelli on a free to Palermo (he's already upset David Silva among others before I came) although I have to pay 72k for the next two years! - Man City so who cares right?

So I want to do the following:

1) I need a new coaching set up, I have signed Colin Cooper as *** Man (he was with me at Reading) just to keep in realistic in my head.
I will organise training schedules for; GK, DC, DR/L, MC, AMC, Wingers, and Strikers. But I need some advice on how many first team coaches I need and in what areas of specialty (attacking, defending, GK etc.) I will then 'auto sort' to apply to the relevant schedules.
Youth Coaches I think I'm OK for and scouting setup is already excellent.

2) Invest in Youth (16yr - 22yr) - I want to build a back bone for the future and have the following players in mind;
Galeano - (from my old Reading side)
Kouyate - (already signing for Reading but with my wonger reckon I could force him to move on immediately.
Moussa Sissoko - Think he's at Manyoo so may prove to be difficult
Caio (sp) - Scouted him for Reading and reckon he's got the minerals.
Sebastian Coates - Got the name from Raikans thread 'wonder kid of the week'
Aaron Ramsey - At Arsenal but seems well worth splashing out for.
Miralem Pjanic - No idea where he is ATM.
Paulo Henrique - No idea where he is ATM.

I could do with some English wonder kid suggestions, although I'm contemplating Wickham, Carroll and Wilshere currently.

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:
Thought he was more trouble than he's worth, I'll win more games with a happy team than one with an unhappy team...

How about looking at the likes of Fabrice Muamba and Cattermole see how theyre getting on ? theres a few more key english players you could look at I can't currently think of them but check out the england squad and u21 team.

Thanks Aldo, I have seen some suggestions to get Shawcross and Cahill which would be great. Also, I think Pique might be worth a bid because he's been trained in England?! (although i can't remember the actual rulign when registering).

I need staff really to maximise my training schedules.

yer shawcross is quality had him for my arsenal side and never let me down, i would also go for wilshere and ramsay like you said they are great, you could even go for kieran gibbs fairly average but great back up

It's a big step down going from Reading to City.. you obviously like a challenge ;)

Yeah, as you said, look at some youth maybe..