fardoe14

Reaction score
Hi, i have started a season with blackpool and am looking to play a 4-2-3-1 as they do not have much real quality up top. Most positions are covered but i want a ready made player to come in as an advanced playmaker to sit behind the striker. Other positions id like to at least look into getting players to cover are as follows;

left full back
central defense
box to box midfielder
right wing
complete forward

would appreciate any help as i am struggling to find any players with quality that would come to blackpool and are not youth as i feel i will never get promotion if all i buy is young players. thanks

What database and budget do you have? I did a couple of season with Blackpool but lost the save. :(

also, is there any recommendation of what players to sell? is kevin phillips worth using? I will probly look to sell angel and ludovic slyvestre to make some cash and get them off the wage bill seeing as there contracts are up at the end of the season.

large database and 2 mil. with a few sales i could have around 7-8mil though. i have tried a few saves with blackpool but always end up buying young players so it doesn't work out

I'll see if I can find an older version of the Blackpool save. Don't sell Angel or Sylvestre though, both were great! :D

EDIT: Found one! Having a look now

And I meant what database as in the default 13.0, the 13.3 or lfcmarshall's? :)

On the January 13.3 database, I brought in:

Chimbonda - Free
Flanagan - Loan
Jan Kjell Larsen - Free
Mannone - Free
Tote - Free
Padovan - Loan (Got top scorer in the Championship, then I bought him for just under a million the next season)
David Suazo - Free
Grant Hanley - £6.5m (£4.5m + £2m after getting promoted)

All exept Padovan, Hanley, Tote and Mannone were back-ups/rotation options as you already have a strong squad.

o right haha... I'm on the 13.0 mate. prefer to play on that database until the 2014 comes out. is there any players that you would recommended sacking off to get some cash in?

o right haha... I'm on the 13.0 mate. prefer to play on that database until the 2014 comes out. is there any players that you would recommended sacking off to get some cash in?

I didn't sell anyone, but Gilks isn't great and you can easily get a cheap and better replacement (I loaned Mannone, then got Ospina on a free transfer!).
Harris is decent but you can get £700k-£1m for him, same with Broadfoot.
You don't need Basham or Ecclestone, so try to offload them (You should be able to get quite a bit for Basham).

You could also sell Ince for around £8m, and buy Mane for £2.5ish!