Real Life Manager

Brum Boy

Reaction score
Have any of you's ever thought about being a manager for real, i have been thinking about it for a while now and i wana get into it, i know you have to do your coaching courses and they cost around £40, but is there anything else you would need like grades wise psycology or anything

in the words of Kevin Keegan, Id luv it

But basically you need to have played football at least semi pro level to actually get anywhere in maangement.

I have a badge, im allowed to coach 4-7 year olds I think. I was one of the youngest in Scotland to get it :D

Your probably qualified enough for National Scotland Manager then?

It doesn't interest me, though sometimes i believe i could do twice the job most premiership managers do.

Do you really have to have made it semi pro? maybe you could start at a pub team do really well, and apply for a coaches job in the south con etc, thn if you do have to play ask them for a play/coach contract but you dont wana play maybe once as a sub, then go from there

I have the same certificate as Smithers up there :) It's 3-12 year olds we can manage....

How did go get that badge? where did you go to get it?

Douy dont bring Smithers back from the dead.

Just went to some shityy hall to get it. All we had to do was watch, no exams or having to take part (we did thoough)

A lisbon Lions son took us aswell which was qualit-e

Douy said:
I have the same certificate as Smithers up there :) It's 3-12 year olds we can manage....

I have that badge aswell

Im going to try and get more...There is always lessonsa nd stuff going on but ive not had the time..Would love to coach or manage a team,I Might be helping my old boys club with there training which would be good experience.

Did you get a free video from the SFA with useful training tips aswell Kris? Or was it just me and Smithers?

I did. We got a few golden oldies come to help us aswell (ie) Brian Martin and Andy Goram :D

I remember afew years back the FA brought out that to manage an EPL club you needed a degree in marketing or equivilent (top end uefa badge??). There was something about a team having a caretaker manager at the time and they wanted him full time the next season but he didn't have any of the above mentioned qualifications?

Is this rule still in effect if I'm remembering right?

Kris said:
I did. We got a few golden oldies come to help us aswell (ie) Brian Martin and Andy Goram :D

Woah, i'm well jealous. Being the young, fit athletes that we were, we had to demonstrate everything but we got to play football for like 20 minutes :D :cool:

Redders said:
Your probably qualified enough for National Scotland Manager then?

It doesn't interest me, though sometimes i believe i could do twice the job most premiership managers do.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Itd be a class job to do, but i dont see why u need to be semi pro, it would just be an additional thing that would help...am shure there someplace u can chek it out..