Real life managers using Football Manager

Pretty sure I remember Jamie Redknapp saying Ambramovich was playing FM on holiday once.. Or something like that.. Pretty funny, but not hard to believe.

I think a lot of players play it as well.

i think most sporting icons play fm, it passes time especially with all the travelling they do, for example i remember rio ferdinand tweeting he was trying to do the quad with man united whilst in the airport. and its not just footballers that do it, for example stuart broad tweeted that he was trying to relive the glory days of nott forest haha whilst he was on a 4 hour coach journey with the england team.

Pretty sure I saw on Soccer AM a while back that Micah Richards plays FM.

Judging by the quality of Pardew's signings for us I wouldn't be suprised if he used FM for all his signings. He even admitted he had never even scouted some of them.

and its not just footballers that do it, for example stuart broad tweeted that he was trying to relive the glory days of nott forest haha whilst he was on a 4 hour coach journey with the england team.

i remember reading about this aswell its great lol

Roy Hodgson perfected his 4-4-2 used at Liverpool on FM.

I have heard that Damien Commoli looks at FM aswell, its funny how in 2007 Gareth Bale was a beast on FM and soon after was bought by Spurs...

I wouldn't be surprised if its used to shortlist targets for their scouts. We have all spotted players on FM that we have never heard off before, and then checked up on him in real life to find he was an amazing talent.

But it would be stupid to pick them just on their stats in FM alone. The clubs employ scouts for a reason, just like we do in game :p

The Filipina Football Association found out that there are English Footballers of Filipina origin that are eligible to play for the Philipines' National Team via FM.

I've heard the Everton/SI story before. Even my Evertonian mate had heard the story and he doesn't play FM. It could be a marketing ploy though. But it did say it on Wikipedia, so it must be true!

I'd be surprised if its massive scouting network isn't used by clubs. Obviously they won't base everything on their stats on FM as that is just plain stupid but to get a general idea of the players out there.

Ian Holloway Please god yes

"Oi Chairman this ere YarYar Sanogo looks a decent buy get the ferry across to france will ye?"

To be honest....

If I was a manager I'd use it.. and Genie Scout to see how much I could get them for ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they do use the database just for a ganders, but I'm sure the majority of the clubs with world wide scout network would probably know of about 70% of the players worth knowing about

It's all bullshit rumor most likely spread by SI publicity people. No chance has Everton or any club/Manager worth it's salt scouts a player through a computer game without seeing them in the flesh for a couple of months.

No chance sven bought Elano through seeing him on FM... "Hey look, this guy's got 17 technique, 18 creativity and 20 passing, He must be great in reality" LOL... Just doesn't happen i'm affraid.

Chill the **** out. Its been confirmed Everton get exclusive access to the DB, it doesn't at all mean that Moyes then goes 'awesome, -9, have 40k a week' - its a starting point.
Also stop talking as if you're head of the FA 'yeah it just doesnt happen' - how the f do you know?

I agree, so far though, Everton seems to be the only club to have admitted using it.

Lol no way has a manager played FM to see if players are any good.. LOL.
That's what scouts are paid to do, check if a player is good enough.. oh, and they don't use a ****** game either!!