Ricobran

Reaction score
I quite often read match analysis on some websites and quite often think I wouldn't be able to do that in FM. An example is from the recent Bayern v Arsenal game. Firstly it praises Bayern for their perfect positional structure, which makes me think you would have your tactics set to rigid, or totally comfortable with the assigned tactic. Bayern also play a lot short passes and keep the ball, but it points out that Pep likes to overload one side of the pitch, sucking in the opposition, and then suddenly switch play and exploit the space. This is just one example that I think would be difficult to replicate.

This is exactly what the game and the community lacks.

Famous tactics from people who know and can adapt to ME changes and instructions of how to use them, what kind of players you need, ppms etc.

The ultimate joy for me is to build my favorite team to play like Mourinho's Porto or Simeone's Atletico (etc) after 5 game years and after i buy the players i should and be cohesive. But i need the base of learning to KNOW that my precious time that i dont have any more isnt for nothing.

I ve read all guides in SI sports forum and learned nothing.

I feel like this game is made for two kind of players. For ones that know football tactics and how to adapt to match engine so well and can adjust succesfully in every game to be solid and consistent, or the loose players who dont care about conceeding much who wither use gamebreaking ultra attaking tactics or set of roles that make no sense considering the guides but works for them somehow as they dont ask much.

I want to be solid and every f... year i cant.

I dont blame the game. I am happy that it is so difficult (and easy at the same time) i just say that i am in the middle and so confused. Dont know maybe i need a novice guide.

I quite often read match analysis on some websites and quite often think I wouldn't be able to do that in FM. An example is from the recent Bayern v Arsenal game. Firstly it praises Bayern for their perfect positional structure, which makes me think you would have your tactics set to rigid, or totally comfortable with the assigned tactic. Bayern also play a lot short passes and keep the ball, but it points out that Pep likes to overload one side of the pitch, sucking in the opposition, and then suddenly switch play and exploit the space. This is just one example that I think would be difficult to replicate.

I've never tried it but I'd think you could certainly play the short passing then set the tactic to exploit the wings then say to both wide players and full backs to play more direct & at a faster tempo in the PI's than the TI's will allow by default. This may get the desired effect of switching the play to the open man.

Worth a shot at least but as I said I've not tried it before.