Orlandosaint

Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered before by other posters but I challange the point of this forum. It says quite clearly under the forum heading -

For those of you who enjoy playing the game in the most realistic way possible.

Now let me ask you this. Do you think its realistic that managers go onto forums and discuss there tactics, players etc etc. I would love to think that real LLM could find a home on FM BASE because its a great FM forum. But this forum is not LLM. I understand that some people need a place to go for advice about players etc etc but I dont beleive this should go under the heading of LLM.

Here is an example of the guidelines of LLM that is copied and followed over many various forums with moderate to high success. (Believe it or not, this is one of the more leanient set of guidelines)

I dont mind how people play the game, they can play it in whatever fashion they fancy, but LLM is all about struggling by yourself and playing the game like it would be in real life. The results of even a win are so rewarding playing it this way......and a trophy, oh so sweet.

The game is considerably harder this way, I wont lie, but in the end the journey you have makes FM that much better of a game. And I hope to show some posters/ forum subscribers that this can be the case for them too.

I dont begrudge people asking for advice but I would like to urge the moderators or webmasters to consider either:

-Renaming the forum and/or setting up a sub forum or new forum for players of the true format of being a LLama or
-Start regulating and following the LLM guidelines in this forum regarding posting.

I'm not trying to upset anyone as you can run the site however you like, I just beleive there is a lot of potential of an LLM forum on this site as the fanbase for this site is incredible. I just would like to see LLM in its true format. This would bring a lot of LLamas to this forum which obviously only benefits this site in the long run.

By all means I offer my support and help in making this a reality and if any forum readers who arent familiar with this way of playing or are unsure of the rules/guidelines please don't hesitate to messege or email me.

This is all just suggestions and ideas. I just feel a real LLM space on this site would only benefit everyone.

Thanks for reading and I hope I don't annoy anyone by posting this.

Orlandosaint

I'd be interested if a small sub-section was devoted to 'real' LLM players.

I think if the whole section implemented the strict guidelines then it may put people off playing in this way, and many wouldn't use half of the countries/leagues that are in the game. Although I do feel LLM is an undervalued part of FM on this site.

I had a thread that discussed some of the rules, and it appeared that the majority of the site found them too harsh. - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f79/lower-league-managing-style-t47938.html.

As for myself, I sub-consciously adhere to most of them, but I don't specifically follow those set of rules, just what feels right to me.

As for myself, I sub-consciously adhere to most of them, but I don't specifically follow those set of rules, just what feels right to me.

Strongly agree with this quote. LLM should be played in a way that YOU feel is realistic. The guidelines set on other sites are a little harsh sometimes, but its difficult to please everyone when rules and guidelines like these are in place. But they are there to give people not familiar with LLM a good starting note and then they can adapt it from there. What is being said and the topics started on here aren't LLM even in its lightest and leanest form.

I will say again that I'm happy to help the mods all I can and even work with them in making this section more true to LLM without losing the encouragement of people to try this form of playing the game in this way.

Thanks for the reply nixon

Haha I had a rant when this sub forum was released as this forum is about managing a lower league team not "LLM" I do ahere to (on most saves) to the LLM guidelines over at SI's forum and some of them will shoot anyone down.
I feel this sub forum is more like the cheat pages other games have. I would never ask for recomondations or use other peoples tactics.

I have seen on a few websites , FM-Britian most notably that the members over there take LLM veeeeery seriously , no giving advice at all to anyone doing a story. It is really strict but i'm not sure if it would be as popular on here.

I have seen on a few websites , FM-Britian most notably that the members over there take LLM veeeeery seriously , no giving advice at all to anyone doing a story. It is really strict but i'm not sure if it would be as popular on here.

Ive look at FM Britain and I dont think its as serious as SI's forum theres a guy on there who did a 100 year save with LLM crazy!

I agree with Nixon, a 'real' LLM sub section would be very successful in my opinion and could encourage other users to give it a try. My most enjoyable saves have been in LLM, but I play in a less strict way than many have set guidelines for. For me, it's vital to start unemployed with sunday league footballer experience, but I don't go to the extent of masking attributes which I feel would be very time consuming with all the scouting required. Also, I use the player search and filter functions that many say is unrealistic. Surely though, this can be seen as using the resources of your club?

There will always be varying opinions on the definition of 'real LLM', but for me league 2 doesn't constitute LLM. A sub section would be great though