Smirneci

Reaction score
Real Madrid appoints Dimitris Smirnis for the head coach position
Florentino Perez decided to give the opportunity to the 20 years old manager to prove his skills and lead the biggest club in the world to domestic and European glory

-What changes do you want to bring to Real?
"I want to build a strong tactical team. A team which will follow a plan,either it is defensive or offensive. I believe results are all that matter in football, entertainment comes after.We will try to compine both though."
-
Have you already made any choices according to transfers?
"I don't want to disappoint the fans but the BBC is not in my plans..I am not a fan of neither Benzema nor Bale. I'll try to find a team for both of them at any cost, I want a new core for my team"
-Don't you believe if you do something like that you will receive tons of criticism and that it might cost than rather do good to the team?
"I agree that this move will be criticised badly but everyone can be replaced"

TRANSFERS

View attachment 218949

Bought a bunch of players during the transfer window, mostly talented youngsters for rotation and to be prepared for the future
Balanta,Lamela and Willems have a lot to show in the pitch

View attachment 218948
And of course the players we sold
As I said Bale and Benzi have no position in my team
It was easy to sell Bale yet couldnt get more than these 40 mil
Benzi though..NONE would buy him so in order to get rid of him I offered him for free and Manchester United made a good addition to their squad, Bye Bye Karim
Also sold Arbeloa, I don't know how this piece of **** still manages to be at Real but at least at MY Real he won't be anymore

PRE-SEASON
The feeling our preparation gave to me where mixed
A tour to Holland and a strong friendly with Bayern,a strong test before the start of La Liga

View attachment 218947
For the first game,it was ok,considering how weak the enemy was I would be pleased with a higher goal difference
View attachment 218946
Terrible is the perfect word to describe how bad we played,we keep in mind it is just the preparation and it is a key factor to get better for the upcoming official matches
View attachment 218945
The team was very improved in this one,fixing our defence a bit is something we will be working for,conceding at all the 3 games with opponents like these isn't a sign of a good defensive setup
View attachment 218944
Last but not least,the surprise of the preparation,honestly I wasn't expectin a win, hardly a draw would be my best bet. Bayer dominated but we were more tactical and managed to win this match even though they 60%+ possesion and we had half the chances they had.It was the definition of counter attack and it was such a pleasure to see how we were playing.
I hope to see more performances like this one

SEPTEMBER RESULTS
First of all the Champion's League group stage draw
View attachment 218942

The games

View attachment 218941
A good debut,Ronaldo was great and he seems that once more he will be leading the teams this year
View attachment 218940
Let's say the referee has a crush on me.Despite that 3 out of 5 goals were penalties the performance generaly was pretty good
View attachment 218939
Sympathetic referee again.Good win, the start so far has been easy for us
View attachment 218938
So,the frist CL game arrives,you are nervous knowing you are facing a strong team such as Manchester United, you decide to follow the same formula you did at preseason with Bayern, the result?
An emphatic 6-2 win ! Ronaldo once more confirms that he is on good form and he will lead us this year
James also seems that when Ronaldo will be missing will cover his absence
View attachment 218936
Now the referee just hates me.Both center backs suspended and penalty was given to Sevilla, a bad performance reminding me of our preseason,we were pretty lucky to escape with a draw thanks to CR7
View attachment 218935
Isco had a top performance,I am really happy knowing that I have good solutions if I need them in the future
View attachment 218934
Nothing interesting here.Had 30+ chances but the finishing was poor, a medium performance

The ranking
View attachment 218932
*Rayo and Gijon at 19th and 20th position

-Your side is doing great! The absence of Bale and Benzema did not make an impact to Real's performance
"No! It did make an impact,a positive one ! No more rivalries between players, no more birds killed from missed shots"

-Last year the former Real's manager Carlo Ancelloti did an outstanding start but failed at the second half of the season though,are you afraid of something similar happening this season?
"Honestly,no.There is depth in this roster and high quality if we don't manage to meet both of our objectives,winning the spanish league the UCL, I am 100% sure one of them is already secured"

Varane injured during an international game
We will be missing Varane for 6 weeks - 2 months..

OCTOBER RESULTS
Varane and James were injured 2 and 3 months respectively when playing with their national teams..

So the results

View attachment 218855
We weren't any good.We made the game look difficult it was a bad day although we won

View attachment 218854
We create a lot of chances yet manage to score a little, I don't know if I must worry for that.
The result only matters and since we win it's good

View attachment 218853
Excellent performance and a big score to be proud of,Granada is a good team and scoring 7 goals with conceding against them is very positive.
In Cristiano we trust!

View attachment 218852
Again..The only Champions League game we did well was the 6-2 with Manchester United after that we struggle to win..Maybe we underestimate the opposition a lot. But a win is a win.

View attachment 218850
A very good away win against Real Sociedad,we played well,dominated,scored a lot a perfect game nothing else to say

View attachment 218848
Pepe has reduced the number of cards he receives during the last 3 years,that's his 3rd red card if I am not mistaken.Once more a nice,Erik Lamela was very good,so far his appearances were medium to a point which I could say he didn't affect our game a lot. In this game he was indeed very good I hope he will find his good form soon

I won't be posting the standing for a while until the story reaches the current point I am in the game..

NOVEMBER RESULTS
By far the most difficult month, BMG,Barcelona,Valencia,Manchester United,Atletico Madrid worthy opponents that every manager would love to beat
Let's start

View attachment 218803

I decided to rest as many players I could and that costed as 2 precious points,the games that followed were more important though.Happy to see two talented youngsters score.

View attachment 218802
Again I thought it would be better to rest the most important players expect from Ronaldo who seems to be in very good physical condition and he guaranteed this draw..

View attachment 218801
Winning the Clasico is something every Real/Barca manager wants to achieve even if that means losing every single title.
Following once more the formula we used against Bayer and Manchester United,once more it was proved a success.Barcelona dominated in the first half we managed to keep the 0-0.In the second half things changed (P.S : In the first half Lamela was injured,Nothing important though we won't be missing him it wasn't a serious injury) we started creating chances and in ten minutes we secured the win.With James,Lamela,Varane not playing it was a pleasure that Messi was both injured..

View attachment 218799
Bad performances after the clasico triumph.But we did won,luckily Ronaldo scored two free kicks which surprised me a lot cause in real life he scores from free kicks with frequency 1 goal per 2 years

View attachment 218798
**** THIS MAGICAL FORMULA.It doesn't matter if we had 30% possesion,neither that we had half the chances ManU had,a win is always a win

View attachment 218797
Another Spanish derby and theoriticaly the last demanding game for the first half of the season,It was a marvelous game.Ronaldo proved his worth and that he can stand up in big games,well at least in football manager..

View attachment 218795
Malaga and Gijon 19th and 20th
View attachment 218794

Golden ball list announced,Isco and Ronaldo have high chances of winning it!
View attachment 218793
Other Real Madrid players who are in the list are :
Toni Kroos
Segio Ramos
Marcelo