DWrongAnswer

Reaction score
Real Madrid - Spanish Transformation

Hello everyone, this is my new story about the most successful club in football history, Real Madrid. Although the team is in the Spanish capital, much of the team is foreign, like stars such as Cristiano Ronaldo or Karim Benzema. My goal in this story is to integrate more Spanish talent into the Real Madrid side, and use more home-grown talent such as Alvaro Morata and Jose Rodriguez.

Key Players

Cristiano Ronaldo
1a142ac8911f278e11eed5475ab73f57.png

Best player in the squad and one of the best in the world. Although he is not Spanish, he will be the key player in my squad and I will not be selling him for a few years

Xabi Alonso
9d3c4766452665108caf840dc02f0ee1.png

Best DLP in the world in my opinion, and he will be first team until his contract runs out in 2014

Sergio Ramos
2471b2ead114361a8dca96ab908c6545.png

Best defender in the team, and future club legend

PRESEASON

Welcome to the first preseason update! We will be going over signings, tactics, and the preseason fixtures. First off, the signings and departures...

IN

92584d400e115fdce5e357e74b54e109.png

DANI CARVAJAL - 5.75M FROM LEVERKUSEN

Got him on a 5.75m buy-back clause from Leverkusen, cheap for a top class right back and I can see him being our first choice right back for a decade

e460a5e00a13e1db4e77a8180387df60.png

JUAN MATA - 5M + BENZEMA FROM CHELSEA

I was looking at Mata as one of the top Spanish midfielders, and seeing Chelsea interested in Benzema and me having Higuain and Benzema I had no need for him. Mata will go straight into the first team

35ca74a340a19b551cfd8acf6dcc125b.png

RICARDO RODRIGUEZ - 12.25M FROM WOLFSBURG

Although his main nationality is Swiss, he also has Spanish nationality. Will be rotation with Marcelo

That's it for transfers in!

OUT

KARIM BENZEMA - P/Ex to CHELSEA

KAKA - 9.75M to MAN CITY

FABIO COENTRAO - 15M to PSG

Pretty satisfied with the transfer window, got in 3 great Spaniards and got rid of 3 non key players.

TACTICS

Now lets take a look at the tactics for this season

9857c3db146a5b711f43540977a69d5f.png

This will be the only tactic I will use this season. It is my own tactic, very simple really, it is a quick attacking tactic utilising the pace and power of the Real Madrid squad

PRESEASON FIXTURES

BEIJING (AWAY)
W 5-1
Ronaldo, Mata, Morata, Higuain(2)

DORTMUND (HOME)
D 1-1
Higuain

REAL SALT LAKE (AWAY)
W 2-0
Xabi Alonso(2)

GUANGZHOU (AWAY)
D 1-1
Jose Rodriguez

Overall a good preseason, my assistant manager took over the games and the team looks raring to go for the season! Please give me feedback on what I can improve on! Thanks you guys!

You have left yourself pretty short upfront by selling Benzema havent you? Or are you going to use Ronaldo as a striker too

You have left yourself pretty short upfront by selling Benzema havent you? Or are you going to use Ronaldo as a striker too
Well I still have Higuain as my first choice and Morata as a rotation option while if all else fails, Jese can play there. I'm also looking at buying Rodrigo in January. I won't be using Ronaldo up top though

This could be interesting... I'll follow, wish you luck, this could be even tougher than "British Man. City".

I am currently in school so there will be a new update in about 5 hours

AUGUST
View attachment 332891
This month we made a good start in the league and had the Super Cup Final against Barcelona. This first month would be cruicial and I hoped our three new signings would gel, and they definitely did!

VALENCIA (HOME)
W 4-1
Ronaldo(3), Xabi Alonso
This was the perfect start to the season! Ronaldo shows up to give a battering to our rivals and we are off to a flyer in the league

SUPER CUP FINAL LEG 1
BARCELONA (AWAY)
L 2-0

Not much to say here. Dominated on and off the ball by Barcelona

GETAFE (AWAY)
W 2-0
Ronaldo, Ozil
Another solid win in the league, hopefully we continue this into September

SUPER CUP FINAL LEG 2
BARCELONA (HOME)
W 4-0
Ronaldo, Pepe, Morata(2)
YESSSSSSS!!! Ecstatic over this comeback win, Ronaldo and Pepe scored off corners while Morata had two calm finishes that show he deserves playing time this year

MONTH IN REVIEW

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 332890
With 5 goals in 4 games, Ronaldo is definitely the player of the month. Expect to see a lot of this man in this section

Overall, a very very good month. Two wins out of two in the league and a superb comeback in the Super Cup against Barcelona. Hopefully we can build off of this a continue our form into September

AUGUST
View attachment 332907
Zizou

September was an absolutely outstanding month for us. An incredible 100% record in all competitions along with, get this, ZERO GOALS CONCEDED! Great stuff

GRANADA (HOME)
W 4-0

Ronaldo(3), Xabi Alonso
Ronaldo with his second hat trick of the season. Watch out Lionel...

SEVILLA (AWAY)
W 3-0

Ronaldo(2), Ozil
A great win against rivals Sevilla, and Cristiano Ronaldo is playing like, well, Cristiano Ronaldo

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A

GALATASARAY (HOME)
W 2-0

Ronaldo(2)
This was actually closer than it looks, as both of Ronaldo's goals were PKs. The rest of our group consists of Braga and Anderlecht.

RAYO (AWAY)
W 1-0

Well, to say we got lucky would be a massive understatement. We only got saved from a 75 minute own goal by them. First league game Ronaldo hasn't scored in

DEPORTIVO (HOME)
W 4-0

Ronaldo(2), Modric, Jese
Now that is more like it. Ronaldo getting on the scoresheet(again) and youngster Jese getting his first ever senior goal for the club.

MONTH IN REVIEW

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
225px-Rapha%C3%ABl_Varane_in_Real_Madrid.jpg

Young Raphael Varane played outstanding this month, and was one of the reasons we managed 5 clean sheets.

A superb month for us, and I hope this form will continue throughout the season! Thanks for reading this!
HALA MADRID

Another story that I'll be following :)

Keep it up. Nice start of the season :)

As a Madridista I will definitely be following this one!

For me José Rodriguez has developed very well, having had him tutored later on by Xabi Alonso. Had a save in which I had progressed a couple of seasons, but it was on another computer which I don't have available, but there he had progressed fairly good. But now playing with the latest update and LFC Marshall I believe he might have been given a rise with potential ability, so might turn out even better.

Dani Carvajal is a perfect deal, always makes it, and Rodrigo Moreno(Benfica) is worth every penny. Apart from that you should give Jesé, Morata, Álex, Derik and Raul de Tomas some chances to play. Take a look at spanish players like Pedro Obiang(Sampdoria), Mauro Icardi(Sampdoria, spanish/italian/argentinian), Ruben Pardo(Sociedad, future Xabi), Íñigo Martínez(Sociedad), Pablo Sarabia(Getafe), Alvaro Vadillo(Betis), Suso(Liverpool), Denis Suarez(Man City), Jose Angel Pozo(Man City) etc etc.

As a Madridista I will definitely be following this one!

For me José Rodriguez has developed very well, having had him tutored later on by Xabi Alonso. Had a save in which I had progressed a couple of seasons, but it was on another computer which I don't have available, but there he had progressed fairly good. But now playing with the latest update and LFC Marshall I believe he might have been given a rise with potential ability, so might turn out even better.

Dani Carvajal is a perfect deal, always makes it, and Rodrigo Moreno(Benfica) is worth every penny. Apart from that you should give Jesé, Morata, Álex, Derik and Raul de Tomas some chances to play. Take a look at spanish players like Pedro Obiang(Sampdoria), Mauro Icardi(Sampdoria, spanish/italian/argentinian), Ruben Pardo(Sociedad, future Xabi), Íñigo Martínez(Sociedad), Pablo Sarabia(Getafe), Alvaro Vadillo(Betis), Suso(Liverpool), Denis Suarez(Man City), Jose Angel Pozo(Man City) etc etc.

Thank you! I have been playing Rodriguez quite frequently and I'm planning on him replacing Xabi Alonso. I'm letting Xabi leave on a free in 2014 even though it kills me, because I am trying to make the squad mmore youthful. Thanks for the suggestions and I have trying to develop Jese as a left inside forward but it's hard for him to get playing time with Cristiano there!

Thank you! I have been playing Rodriguez quite frequently and I'm planning on him replacing Xabi Alonso. I'm letting Xabi leave on a free in 2014 even though it kills me, because I am trying to make the squad mmore youthful. Thanks for the suggestions and I have trying to develop Jese as a left inside forward but it's hard for him to get playing time with Cristiano there!
José Rodriguez should have great potential, but you never know. Two years to get the most out of him before he starts to decrease. But after that Ruben Pardo along with Jose Rodriguez should be contenders to replace him. Doing the same with Jesé, but as you say it's a bit difficult to get any playing time. Having Ronaldo tutoring him might be worth a shot aswell!

I have tried buying Ruben but it seems impossible to get him for under 16 million! Pedro obiang is much cheaper at around 7.5 but who would you recommend?

I would go with Rubén Pardo as I have seen him turning out great in the future. But Pedro Obiang isn't a bad player and has very good potential. But as you say Rubén Pardo costs a lot and Pedro Obiang is a more economical choice. Pardo will most likely develope better and perform better, but if you're not ready to spend much money then Obiang is a good option. Although when I've played with Obiang I've used him as a box-to-box midfielder, and he has been good.

EDIT: Future screenshots of the both players, not from my save. But as you can see both develops very good and seems like two brilliant deep lying playmakers.

View attachment 333185View attachment 333186

EDIT 2: Here is a future screenshot of José Rodriguez. Looks brilliant. So if tutored and trained rigth he will become a new Xabi Alonso.

View attachment 333188

Last edited:
OCTOBER
View attachment 333184
San Iker

LIGA BBVA

BARCELONA (AWAY)
L 1-3
Ronaldo

Arrrrggghh!!! Incredibly disappointing loss. Pedro scored a hat trick!

CELTA (HOME)
W 2-0
Ronaldo, Carvajal

Bounced back well from the game against Barca. Carvajal scored a fluke cross from 35 yards!

MALLORCA (AWAY)
D 1-1
Mata

Mata saved us here with an 87 minute free kick to salvage a point. Our away form is a bit iffy at the moment.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A

BRAGA (AWAY)
W 2-1

Morata, Marcelo

Pretty solid win, although the score was close they never really troubled us.

ANDERLECHT (AWAY)
W 3-1

Morata, Ozil, Modric

Great game away from home, with 3 different scorers none of them being Ronaldo

COPA DEL RAY

TENERIFE (AWAY) FOURTH ROUND LEG 1
W 3-0

Morata, Ronaldo(2)

Gave the youngsters a run, and they impressed

MONTH IN REVIEW

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 333187
Xabi Alonso
Good ol' red beard provided the goods this month, constantly breaking up play and providing great passes

A mixed month to be honest. The league play was a bit disappointing with a huge loss against Barcelona and a draw against Mallorca which we didn't deserve. We did good in the Champions League and the Copa de Ray however.

I would go with Rubén Pardo as I have seen him turning out great in the future. But Pedro Obiang isn't a bad player and has very good potential. But as you say Rubén Pardo costs a lot and Pedro Obiang is a more economical choice. Pardo will most likely develope better and perform better, but if you're not ready to spend much money then Obiang is a good option. Although when I've played with Obiang I've used him as a box-to-box midfielder, and he has been good.

EDIT: Future screenshots of the both players, not from my save. But as you can see both develops very good and seems like two brilliant deep lying playmakers.

View attachment 333185View attachment 333186

EDIT 2: Here is a future screenshot of José Rodriguez. Looks brilliant. So if tutored and trained rigth he will become a new Xabi Alonso.

View attachment 333188
Thank you very much! Jose Rodriguez does look brilliant, as do Ruben and Pedro. I think I'll try to buy Pedro because he had better physical and marking/tackling stats than Ruben

NOVEMBER
View attachment 333230
Club legend Alfredo di Stefano

LIGA BBVA

ZARAGOZA (HOME)
W 1-0

Ronaldo

Barely squeaked out a win here. Ronaldo pulling us through

LEVANTE (AWAY)
W 2-0

Ramos, Ozil

Good win, although Ronaldo had a terrible game. A missed penalty and a 5.7 rating

BILBAO (HOME)
W 3-0

Ronaldo(3)

Well needless to say, Ronaldo bounced back from his less than stellar performance against Levante

BETIS (AWAY)
D 1-1

Ronaldo

I can take this draw, Betis played well and we just couldn't take our chances when they came

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP A

ANDERLECHT (HOME)
W 2-0

Ramos, Callejon
Ramos with his second goal of the month, and a good solid win that secures qualification from our group

GALATASARAY (AWAY)
D 1-1

Morata

I played a lot of youngsters and maybe the occasion was a bit too big for them, and Gala is very strong at home

COPA DEL RAY

TENERIFE (HOME) FOURTH ROUND LEG 2
W 1-0

Jese

Once again, much of the team was youngsters and I gave Cristiano a break and the player filling in for him, Jese, scored the only goal

MONTH IN REVIEW

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
View attachment 333233
Sergio Ramos

Ramos was in great form this month, scoring two goals as well as playing great in the back, forming an unbeatable partnership with Varane

A good month, the only slip-up being the draw against Betis, our defence is playing great, but on offense it seems as though Ronaldo is the only one scoring! Maybe I need to invest in a striker in January...