AlexanderO

Reaction score
Hey new to this forum, so the first thing i ever written. Despite having been a member for some time now.

Need help with a tactic to Real Madrid. The problem is the fact that I want to have Luka Modric and Mesut Özil on the pitch at the same time. And im having trouble fitting them in to my system. So do you have any suggestion of how I am going to play to have them both on the pitch at the same time? Cheers in advance!

I have a tactic that im thinking of;

Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas (GK)

Fullback(defend): Alvaro Arbeloa (RB)
Central defender(defend): Sergio Ramos (CD)
Central defender(defend): Pepe (CD)
Wingback(automatic/attack): Marcelo (LB)

Deep lying playmaker(defend): Xabi Alonso (DM)
Box to box midfielder(support): Sami Khedira (CM)

Attacking midfielder(attack): Mesut Özil (AMCR)
Advanced playmaker(attack): Luka Modric (AMCL)

Inside forward(attack): Cristiano Ronaldo (STR)
Poacher(attack): Gonzalo Higuain/Karim Benzema (ST)

So what is all of yours opinion?
Thanks.

Hey new to this forum, so the first thing i ever written. Despite having been a member for some time now.

Need help with a tactic to Real Madrid. The problem is the fact that I want to have Luka Modric and Mesut Özil on the pitch at the same time. And im having trouble fitting them in to my system. So do you have any suggestion of how I am going to play to have them both on the pitch at the same time? Cheers in advance!

I have a tactic that im thinking of;

Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas (GK)

Fullback(defend): Alvaro Arbeloa (RB)
Central defender(defend): Sergio Ramos (CD)
Central defender(defend): Pepe (CD)
Wingback(automatic/attack): Marcelo (LB)

Deep lying playmaker(defend): Xabi Alonso (DM)
Box to box midfielder(support): Sami Khedira (CM)

Attacking midfielder(attack): Mesut Özil (AMCR)
Advanced playmaker(attack): Luka Modric (AMCL)

Inside forward(attack): Cristiano Ronaldo (STR)
Poacher(attack): Gonzalo Higuain/Karim Benzema (ST)

So what is all of yours opinion?
Thanks.

Why not try the system you suggested but with Modric as a TQ, using both central mids in MC, not one DMC.

you could try real's actual formation of 4-2-3-1 with ozil on the left on ronaldo right? :)

How about playing a 4-2-3-1 which should be perfect for Madrid.

Khedira and Alonso playing the holding midfielder roles, play Modric as the offensive midfielder and Ozil and Ronaldo on the wings. Maybe have Ronaldo on the left and Ozil on the right, both playing as inside forwards.

Unless you're planning on buying a striker you only really have two quality options up front in Benzema/Higuain and they can rotate on the striker role.

Edit: I see jordyoffy read my mind :)

6447767120121109214426023.png

[h=3]Real Madrid Style[/h]
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...real-madrid-style-v3-much-better-than-v2.html

Thanks for the suggestions! Really appreciate it.

Thinking of trying out what jordyoffy and thomas_e suggested. Seems to fit the best. Going for Ronaldo on the right as an inside forward, since i know he can perform there after having used him there in earlier versions of FM. And use Luka Modric in the center as an advanced playmaker and moving out Mesut Özil to the left lank. Utilising his left foot for crosses. Makes it even better when i want to bring in Di Maria to the match, then i can easily set him on the flank and sub of either Modric or Özil.

And has no intention of buying a new striker to the team. Having Higuain and Benzema i have one of the deadliest attacks in the world, with Ronaldo on the flank. Thinking of maybe bringing in Neymar or Rodrigo Moreno later on, but will most likely be used on an flank or simply as backup for Higuain and Benzema.

forget everything you know from the earlier versions of fm...

forget everything you know from the earlier versions of fm...

I actually use the exact same tactics and they work exactly the same way as in FM12 :D

In a sense, you are correct though. If one used "work arounds" and exploits, this years editions having other issues, meaning that those tactics one used in FM12 will fail big time as they now adress the wrong issues.

Thanks for the suggestions! Really appreciate it.

Thinking of trying out what jordyoffy and thomas_e suggested. Seems to fit the best. Going for Ronaldo on the right as an inside forward, since i know he can perform there after having used him there in earlier versions of FM. And use Luka Modric in the center as an advanced playmaker and moving out Mesut Özil to the left lank. Utilising his left foot for crosses. Makes it even better when i want to bring in Di Maria to the match, then i can easily set him on the flank and sub of either Modric or Özil.

And has no intention of buying a new striker to the team. Having Higuain and Benzema i have one of the deadliest attacks in the world, with Ronaldo on the flank. Thinking of maybe bringing in Neymar or Rodrigo Moreno later on, but will most likely be used on an flank or simply as backup for Higuain and Benzema.

Sounds like a good plan, mate. I would say that playing both your wingers as inside forwards are more difficult on this years game, so playing Ozil on the left is probably a really good idea, he can do some serious damage with his crosses. And Ronaldo will basically do a good job wherever he plays :). but if you have him playing as an inside forward you should probably adjust the player instructions a bit so you get the most out of him!

I would recommend that you consider playing your two central midfielders deep, just in front of the defense. It's really important to hassle the oppositions midfielders in FM13 and players like Essien/Khedira can do excactly that. Alonso has such good long passes that even if he plays deep he will be able to start off attacks with ease!

Let me know how you're going with the tactic you end up with, mate! I have white blood in my vains, so hoping for success :)

Sounds like a good plan, mate. I would say that playing both your wingers as inside forwards are more difficult on this years game, so playing Ozil on the left is probably a really good idea, he can do some serious damage with his crosses. And Ronaldo will basically do a good job wherever he plays :). but if you have him playing as an inside forward you should probably adjust the player instructions a bit so you get the most out of him!

I would recommend that you consider playing your two central midfielders deep, just in front of the defense. It's really important to hassle the oppositions midfielders in FM13 and players like Essien/Khedira can do excactly that. Alonso has such good long passes that even if he plays deep he will be able to start off attacks with ease!

Let me know how you're going with the tactic you end up with, mate! I have white blood in my vains, so hoping for success :)

Yeah and Özil's stats fits perfectly as a winger aswell. So i think it will turn out great. Having in mind that he also has 16 in crosses will surely help him setting up a number of goals for the team. Okay will take a look and see what i can adjust in Ronaldo's instructions! :)

Thought about that myself. Whether i should play Khedira just in front of the backline instead of the center of midfield. Think that it will be better to play him in front of the backline, since Marcelo will be set to be more attackminded. And then Khedira can cover up a lot better, so that the team doesn't leave that much space in defence for the opponents to take advantage of. Alonso's long passes is truely amazing. Have always used him down the pitch to make the most of it. Like Real Madrid do in real life, and we all know how important Alonso's long passes is for Real Madrid and the offense. :)

Yeah sure, will keep you updated :) Im sitting right now and making some adjustments to the team and the players, to find the best tactic.

Haha, a very sensible man i see :)

That's pretty much how I line up but I also have Isco and Wellington Nem. I have them switch positions a lot. Isco starts on the right and switches with Ozil in the centre and Ronaldo switches with Benzema or Higuain up front. Nowhere near the finished article as yet but some of the interchanges and movement is just lovely. Need to tweak it more so I don't concede as many and score more but it has potential.

Can someone clarify something for me? Would be really helpful.

Im trying out a tactic that has gone really good so far, although I have only played friendlies. So wont draw any big conclusions yet. But as a starting lineup im using Mesut Özil on the right flank as Advanced playmaker, and in the center as offensive midfielder I have Luka Modric playing.

What I need help with is what happens if I tell Mesut Özil and Luka Modric to switch positions with eachother? What will they do? Which roles will they play in?

Thanks in advance.

Modric will play as an advanced playmaker on the right flank, and Ozil will play as an offensive midfielder. They just switch positions.

Edit: If you want Ozil to remain the playmaker regardless of position, you can always choose him as playmaker in team instructions.