Real Madrid - Zidanes Diamond 4-3-1-2 Awsome results and realistic

Nima

Reaction score
After much back and forth and a lot of testing, I finally managed to make Zidanes 4-3-1-2 diamond formation.

With this tactic:

I won the league (long time before the season was over as you can see),
won the Spanish Super Cup (2 legs over Barca)
Won the Spanish Cup (Copa Del Rey)
and I am in the semifinal of CL. The diamond formation in Fm has been best when you want to play defensive. Because you are vulnerable on the flanks.

The Tactic:
Wingbacks
As you can see I send both fullbacks up as Zidane does and the team stands higher.

Midfield:
Modric, kroos and Casminiro are same place but. As you have seen, agianst good teams, if Madrid dont win the ball high up the field, they sank deep.
When the team have the ball, Kroos sit deeper then Modric as Modric roams higher and makes a triangle at the right. You can use Kroos as a Regista to if you want. is more realistic?
You can change Casminiro with a DLP-D against weaker teams.

top three:
Isco sits behind and helps out in defense some, Ronaldo scores and Benzema makes room.

Here are some tips:
You must have players with OK acceleration in central midfield.
There is a lot to cover and you want to push high when you lose the ball. You also need good composer in midfield since you play fluid.

Your backs are the players who stands for a good deal of Ronaldos goals.
Make sure they are good going forward!
As you can see, Carvejal had 16 assistants. If the wingbacks, or centeralstoppers or yiur dmcr get yellow card early, change them. Against good teams in Europe move the defense lower only when you play away.

Good pace all over!
Rotates a lot as it requires a lot of the players and let them get familiar with the system.

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC HERE: Zidane Diamond

The formation
View attachment 56685

Team instructions - a lot of instructions! Train hard in preseason: Tactic
View attachment 56684

Important to press high and win the ball fast so your fullback dont up and down all night long.
View attachment 56683

View attachment 56681View attachment 56680View attachment 56679

Fullback and assist:
View attachment 56678

Games agianst, PSG and Barca:
View attachment 56677View attachment 56676

Last edited:
56 GD? You concede a lot or dont score enough? Love the shape but im a bit skeptic with changing tactic when im on wining strike

Can you show league stats pls

I had some few games in the start where i conceadad a few goals.
So I had to tweak a litle

But here are the stats:
Goals
View attachment 56652
Conceaded
View attachment 56651

I had 20 of 35 games clean sheet.

After much back and forth and a lot of testing, I finally managed to make Zidanes 4-3-1-2 diamond formation.

With this tactic:

and I am in the semifinal of CL. The diamond formation in Fm has been best when you want to play defensive. Because you are vulnerable on the flanks.

The Tactic:
Wingbacks
As you can see I send both fullbacks up as Zidane does and the team stands higher.

Midfield:
Modric, kroos and Casminiro are same place but. As you have seen, agianst good teams, if Madrid dont win the ball high up the field, they sank deep.
When the team have the ball, Kroos sit deeper then Modric as Modric roams higher and makes a triangle at the right. You can use Kroos as a Regista to if you want. is more realistic?

top three:
Isco sits behind and helps out in defense some, Ronaldo scores and Benzema makes room.

Here are some tips:
There is a lot to cover and you want to push high when you lose the ball. You also need good composer in midfield since you play fluid.

As you can see, Carvejal had 16 assistants. If the wingbacks, or centeralstoppers or yiur dmcr get yellow card early, change them. Against good teams in Europe move the defense lower only when you play away.

Good pace all over!
Rotates a lot as it requires a lot of the players and let them get familiar with the system.

The formation
View attachment 1157820

View attachment 1157821

Important to press high and win the ball fast so your fullback dont up and down all night long.
View attachment 1157822

View attachment 1157824View attachment 1157825View attachment 1157826

Fullback and assist:
View attachment 1157827

View attachment 1157828View attachment 1157829

What's the full Opposition Instructions for all positions, you have some for the Atletico 442, but are they all what you use or? If you could share the full positions screenshot, it would be better :p

What's the full Opposition Instructions for all positions, you have some for the Atletico 442, but are they all what you use or? If you could share the full positions screenshot, it would be better :p

Ofcurse.
You have also be aware of the PI`s for defense.

View attachment 56555

View attachment 56554View attachment 56553View attachment 56552

Midfield PI`s
View attachment 56551View attachment 56550View attachment 56549

AMC and strikers:
View attachment 56548View attachment 56547View attachment 56546

I like this as it looks like an actual approximization of how Real play... also with Benzema as the deeper guy and Ronaldo spearheading things to that most shots fall to his (which is a real burden for Madrid this season as early on he has scored but 4 goals off 100 attempts.. two of which a penalty and a rebound off a penalty!)

Don't be discouraged if you wont get much reply here, or if somebody says it just wouldn't be good enough. You are competing against tactics that massively exploit weaknesses in the match engine to kingdom come, so that you get sides such as West Brom scoring more goals than this first season and into the CL, amongst a few other things. :)

I like this as it looks like an actual approximization of how Real play... also with Benzema as the deeper guy and Ronaldo spearheading things to that most shots fall to his (which is a real burden for Madrid this season as early on he has scored but 4 goals off 100 attempts.. two of which a penalty and a rebound off a penalty!)

Don't be discouraged if you wont get much reply here, or if somebody says it just wouldn't be good enough. You are competing against tactics that massively exploit weaknesses in the match engine to kingdom come, so that you get sides such as West Brom scoring more goals than this first season and into the CL, amongst a few other things. :)

But This is what I do hehe, remake known tactics.

Thanks! Nice to see it work!
You are in 2026 ? Who is in your team?

Yea I only started one save back in Jan when I got the game and stuck with it lolol Im now in 2027 but Im rebuilding Barcelona they took a sharp decline and finished 6th the year before I took over. All the players were old and all the good young players left to go to the premier league.

But I started with Arsenal for 2 seasons then went to Bayern for 1 season was at Roma for 3 seasons then was at Athletico for 1 season then got "sacked" cause i wanted new training facilities and they denied it and I leaked it to the press lol so then I was at Man City for a season now im at Barcelona and in my 2nd season at the helm.

Ill post a screen shot of my team when I get home but my main team is some good young players I have Ruben Neves as RPM ,Luka Illic as my AP, Donnarumma in net and Zouma at CB. Only other player on the team is Neymar who's 35 now or something like that haha

Last edited:
Yea I only started one save back in Jan when I got the game and stuck with it lolol Im now in 2027 but Im rebuilding Barcelona they took a sharp decline and finished 6th the year before I took over. All the players were old and all the good young players left to go to the premier league.

But I started with Arsenal for 2 seasons then went to Bayern for 1 season was at Roma for 3 seasons then was at Athletico for 1 season then got "sacked" cause i wanted new training facilities and they denied it and I leaked it to the press lol so then I was at Man City for a season now im at Barcelona and in my 2nd season at the helm.

Ill post a screen shot of my team when I get home but my main team is some good young players I have Ruben Neves as RPM ,Luka Illic as my AP, Donnarumma in net and Zouma at CB. Only other player on the team is Neymar who's 35 now or something like that haha

Wow!! Thats cool. Never had so long career. Zouma works well ?

Wow!! Thats cool. Never had so long career. Zouma works well ?

Yea he has been pretty solid. But hes homesick so I will be selling him in the summer but I have a pretty good wonderkid to fill his role

With this tactic:

The Tactic:
Wingbacks

Midfield:

top three:

Here are some tips:

Good pace all over!

The formation
View attachment 1157820

View attachment 1157821

View attachment 1157822

View attachment 1157824View attachment 1157825View attachment 1157826

Fullback and assist:
View attachment 1157827

View attachment 1157828View attachment 1157829

fm 2019 tactıc?