Status
Not open for further replies.

CommandoRick

Reaction score
I know alot of people here are probably turned off by Madrid's line-up (Most people want to build their own super star team), but im really curious to see if anyone has created a good tactic for them yet. It seems to me that its harder than it looks. Trying to get the best out of Benzema, Raul, Ronaldo, and Kaka at the same time is frustrating, not to mention getting the midfield/defence right so i dont concede all kinds of goals. I do still win a lot of games, but i lose a few as well, and they're almost all games i shouldn't be losing.

Im planning on starting over with a different team after i get the hang of 2010, but like i said im curious to see what this team can do at its best.

mate analyze the team, and pick a formation that revolves around it, no offense you cannot call real madrid a challenge, but with the players i wiuld recommend 4 2 3 1 with ronaldo AMR benzema AML kaka AMC and Raul as striker

mate analyze the team, and pick a formation that revolves around it, no offense you cannot call real madrid a challenge, but with the players i wiuld recommend 4 2 3 1 with ronaldo AMR benzema AML kaka AMC and Raul as striker

to be fair im not saying its a challenge to win most games really, im just trying to see if theres a tactic out there that makes great use of all the players available. my first formation was a 4-2-3-1, and it worked reasonably well, but it always ends up wasting at least one player. a 4-2-3-1 leaves out benzema for instance, while not really utilizing ronaldo as well as he could be. idealy i think benzema is an advanced forward and raul a deep lying forward, while ronaldo works best as an AMR inside forward. that leaves kaka as the attacking center mid in a trequartista role.

Basically my question is; how can these players be accommodated so they may play at their best? Or in other words, the real life problems the Madrid side is going through.

Raul as Trequartista, Kaka straight AM, Benzema upfront until you sell him (doesnt cut the mustard) Ronaldo Inside Forward best left side, cuts in on right foot (dont let him byline or cross) I get regular 7.4 + with Ronaldo like this and Raul is just god like Trequartista.....

Raul as Trequartista, Kaka straight AM, Benzema upfront until you sell him (doesnt cut the mustard) Ronaldo Inside Forward best left side, cuts in on right foot (dont let him byline or cross) I get regular 7.4 + with Ronaldo like this and Raul is just god like Trequartista.....

this works pretty well and its almost exactly what ive been using, i guess the Madrid squad will just never be as good in real life (or in video games) as it is on paper.

oh well, on to leeds united, champions league by 2014! (H)

I´m playing 4-1-2-1-2 in my Real save, and it´s fairly consistent... still able to score a good amount of goals while being solid at the back had 112 scored vs 15 conceded 1st season. Using Benzema as Adv Fwd (and yeah he´s not all that, as previously mentioned by commando) and Higuain as Deep Lying Fwd, Ronaldo as AMC (had 19 league goals and 18 assists in 32 games) and Kaka/van der Vaart as MC both with support role, not best position for either of them i know...worked pretty well for me though so far. And my CB and DMC on def role.

I´m playing 4-1-2-1-2 in my Real save, and it´s fairly consistent... still able to score a good amount of goals while being solid at the back had 112 scored vs 15 conceded 1st season. Using Benzema as Adv Fwd (and yeah he´s not all that, as previously mentioned by commando) and Higuain as Deep Lying Fwd, Ronaldo as AMC (had 19 league goals and 18 assists in 32 games) and Kaka/van der Vaart as MC both with support role, not best position for either of them i know...worked pretty well for me though so far. And my CB and DMC on def role.

could you post your tactic?

well, the tactic above described is only how I start each match, I tend to adjust the tactic depending on the opponent either during or at tmatch preview. Only thing that tends to stay the same is the formation, apart from that I either set my team up to play counter if the other teams as good as mine, attack against weak teams and control against teams that tend to go for their own counter approach (mostly when you´re the one playing at home with a superior team).

Last edited:
Real madrid winning team

Hi there mate my Real Madrid team is fantastic ive won the La Liga 6 years on a run, Super Cup 5 times, Spanish cup 4 times and champions league once my formation is 4.2.3.1, ill try post screen shots up just im new to this so i dont know how to do it yet. The team below is my team when i 1st started out, i use same formation now but my team is well better now in my 7th season.

my team

Iker Casillias

Sergio Ramos Ezquiel Garay Raul Albiol Marcelo

Jack Rodwell Guti
(Signed from Everton omg what a signing pal)

Cristiano Ronaldo ( INSIDE FORWARD) KAKA Mario Balotelli (IF)

Gonzalo Higuain

My team NOW i am in my 7th season dont forget same formation so ill just say the team. Also in order of how i choose the players.

GK: Hugo Lloris/Akinvve (spelling wrong)/Mirko Cannistra (Wonderkid GK)
RB: Dario Srna
CB: Martin Demichals (spelling wrong again)
CB: Domenico Criscistio. The other CB are Jack Rodwell and Havard Novedit ( Spellin again)
LB: Diego Contento/Patrice Evra and just signed Wonder kid LB Juninho
CM: Michael Essien
CM: rotation between Marco Veratti/Sergio Canaels/Kaka/Jack Rodwell
RIGHT INSIDE FORWARD: Henri Saviet/Cristaino Ronaldo
LEFT INSIDE FORWARD: Cristiano Ronaldo (his main postion)/ Henri Saviet/Yohann Gourcuff/Sergio Canales/
AM: Mjiam Pijanic/Sergio Canales/KAKA
CF: Mattia Destro/Romelu Lukuku/Crsitaino Ronaldo (if other strikers are doing rubbish he will play there)

Like i said ill try get pictures up show you, i no FM2011 out soon but ppl cud try this formation let me know what they think, would be much apprciaited.

i think that if you fit the players in the right positions they will not fail to perform. I tried the assymetric tactic and it worked well for me. I won the league easily but i lost both finals (cup and champions league) mostly because of injurys.
gk - normal
dl - full back defend
dr - wing back support (wide play - hug touchline , through balls - normal)
2dc - cb normal
dmc - dmc defend (you can always make make him support with a more attacking player than diarra if you can't score)
mc - deep lying playmaker support (again in easy games you can put him dmc support role and maybe guti in front of him as an advanced playmaker support)
amr - inside forward (wide play - normal)
ml - winger normal
amc - attacking midfielder (wide play - move into channels roaming yes)
sc - advanced forward
Set xabi alonso as your primary playmaker and your sc as target man and ball into feet. If you prefer Benzema to be your striker you can retrain Higuain as an amr to be a cover of Ronaldo (if you put Higuain Amr set wide play - move into channels)

im really struggling to find a good tactic with madrid to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.