Real Names Licence Fix by The Wizard [FM23]

TheWizard65

Reaction score
TheWizard65 uploaded [V3.0.0] Real Names Licence Fix by The Wizard [FM23] V2.0.0

Leave feedback below.

[V3.0.0] Real Names Licence Fix by The Wizard [FM23]

## FM23 real names fix. Fix fake name of competitions, clubs stadiums ,and awards with their real names in Football Manager 2023. Fix works with your current FM 2023 saves. We choose simplicity everything you need in 1 file !! ##

Realname fix.png

Instructions:
  1. Download the file from the website resources.
  2. Find the 2300 folder.
    Windows:
    \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2023\data\database\db\2300\
    Mac:
    /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2023/database/data/db/2300/
  3. Open the lnc folder and then enter the all sub-folder.
  4. Delete all files you can find in there, particularly the following 3 files:
    • fake.lnc
    • lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc
    • nleague.lnc
  5. Move Real Names Licence Fix by The Wizard [FM23] inside this all folder.
  6. Go 2 folders back to find the edt folder.
    Open it and then enter the permanent sub-folder.
  7. Delete the file "fake.edt".
    This will fix Niko Kovač from getting renamed to Max Freund, Oliver Kahn from getting renamed to Jens Freund.
  8. Again go 2 folders back, this time to find the dbc folder then enter the permanent sub-folder.( Delete the following 4 files: )
    • brazil_kits.dbc
    • forbidden names.dbc
    • Licensing2.dbc
    • Licensing2_chn.dbc
    • This will prevent Brazilian clubs from reverting to 3-letter names and will allow certain kits to be visible again
  9. Open the game and enjoy Football Manager 2023 with real names.
This file works best with the transfers & data by The Wizard:

Important:
The project The Wizard is not affiliated with any website or sponsor, it is an open source that anyone can contribute to by submitting changes.
Be welcome to pass on your feedback.
Want to share the ( the Wizard project ) on other sites? Please point the download link to this very page.
You cannot host any files yourself, unless you have written permission from the authors.

Available in the following languages German ,Dutch , English
in the next V4 release, it will also come in French and Spanish!

Releases:

#Revised and updated by The Wizard 20/10/2022 FM2023 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v1.0.0 for FM23
#Revised and updated by The Wizard 8/11/2022 FM2023 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0.0 for FM23
#Revised and updated by The Wizard 20/12/2022 FM2023 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v3.0.0 for FM23

Thanks to everyone who helped make and update the file, you know who you are! And many thanks.
Feel free to reply to the thread on the thread on the subject.

Attachments

• Realname fix.png
    Realname fix.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Hello everyone and welcome back to Wizard Project !

After I started the project The Wizard last year Football Manager 2022, I'm back this year with Football Manager 2023. After many good reviews and reactions, I'm looking forward to playing Football Manager 2023 with you.

TheWizard65 uploaded [V1.0.0] Real Names Licence Fix by The Wizard [FM23] V1.0.0 Download V1.0.0 NameFix.

Last edited:
The next update V2.0.0 is scheduled for 8/11/2022 during the official release of Football Manager 2023.

The file works best with the following transfers & data updates for Football Manager 2023:

(Other Football Manager updates are also supported on the web and steam)

FM23 Transfers & Data Packs by The Wizard.
FMET Extended English Database Update by TheFMEditor.
Community DB: Data Pack & Transfer Update by Liam
FMI Update by FMInside
Transfers & Data Update Packs by TheNotoriousPr0 & FMTU by pr0
Data Tweaks by sirTAVARES
Transfers & Data Premium by Darkness
Live Football Manager Data Update by Sortioutsi

Realname fix.png

Great license fix all names of stadiums, clubs and leagues are all complete with 1 file the installation was very easy.

Thanks for your valuable response and welcome here to the forum to my realname fix.:)(y)

The best Real Names Fix that I have ever used. I also like the banner you use.

Easy to install does what is asked it gives the game so much more detail I am very satisfied I was not aware of this realname fix but I am very impressed!

Easy to install does what is asked it gives the game so much more detail I am very satisfied I was not aware of this realname fix but I am very impressed!

I want to thank you for your valuable contributions in this topic this real names fix can be used in various transfers & data updates including:

FM23 Transfers & Data Packs by The Wizard.
FMET Extended English Database Update by TheFMEditor.
Community DB: Data Pack & Transfer Update by Liam
FMI Update by FMInside
Transfers & Data Update Packs by TheNotoriousPr0 & FMTU by pr0
Data Tweaks by sirTAVARES
Transfers & Data Premium by Darkness
Live Football Manager Data Update by Sortioutsi

The coming period will be used to further optimize the real names fix and we will also launch the transfers & data update 18-11-2022 you can find it here:

Does anybody else have Austrian club Sturm Graz called "Union Namur"?

Does anybody else have Austrian club Sturm Graz called "Union Namur"?

how nice of you to leave a comment I just checked this is not due to the realname fix of The Wizard can you show the folders then I can see where this goes wrong with you I'm happy to help you!

how nice of you to leave a comment I just checked this is not due to the realname fix of The Wizard can you show the folders then I can see where this goes wrong with you I'm happy to help you!
Hiya, thanks for the response.
I had a look in the [V1.0.0] Real Names Fix.lnc file downloaded off FM-Base, and Union Namur appears to be tied to ID "00156". Sturm Graz is ID "156". Union Namur in game appear to be ID "206". I have changed the 00156 to 206 which seems to have corrected the issue on my side.

Have not seen any other issues so thank you for your work on this.

Edit: screenshot in .txt format for reference

1666766069586.png

Hiya, thanks for the response.
I had a look in the [V1.0.0] Real Names Fix.lnc file downloaded off FM-Base, and Union Namur appears to be tied to ID "00156". Sturm Graz is ID "156". Union Namur in game appear to be ID "206". I have changed the 00156 to 206 which seems to have corrected the issue on my side.

Have not seen any other issues so thank you for your work on this.

Edit: screenshot in .txt format for reference

View attachment 601550

well noticed we'll take this on board thanks for your valuable contributions we'll make sure this is updated in v2.0.0!

In the upcoming V2.0.0 real name fix, several new stadium licenses have been added from the smallest to the big top 6 leagues

Last edited:
Thanks for the good work I look forward to the sequel with v2 !
Your work looks really excellent also the installation was very easy which makes it very enjoyable!

However, I have a few tips for you that you could add, thank you in advance !!

'Isuzu FA Trophy' & 'Isuzu FA Vase'.

These 2 should be added these are new sponsors thanks for your great work in advance!

Thanks for the good work I look forward to the sequel with v2 !
Your work looks really excellent also the installation was very easy which makes it very enjoyable!

However, I have a few tips for you that you could add, thank you in advance !!

'Isuzu FA Trophy' & 'Isuzu FA Vase'.

These 2 should be added these are new sponsors thanks for your great work in advance!

Thank you for your valuable contributions we will process your feedback in the V2 version

Great I will help you when needed except for the 2 small adjustments, the namefix is really perfect for which thanks again!

Tonight the V2.0.0 of the real names license fix will be released.

Several new stadium licenses have been added from the smallest to the big top 6 leagues.