Realistic and smart AI but is it fun or a job?

apalaxe

Reaction score
I must acknowledge that SI really went the extra mile to create an elaborate football simulation, but is it still fun to play or so hard that is like a real job?

Like me many people i too struggle when playing against weak teams, that is because the AI compensates for the weaknesses of the team/players with desperate aggressive tactics.

Let me give an example of a match i played yesterday and watched full, stopping several times to analyse the play and from several perspectives:

The opposition started with it's best players and in a 4-4-2 Diamond; by half time i was leading 2-0, at start of the second half they changed to standard 4-4-2, as soon i noticed that i paused the game and changed the marking and my tactics accordingly.

After that and every 5 to 10 match minutes the opposition made substitutions, swapped players from positions (as extreme as Striker to CD) and by the end of the match they were playing 4-1-1-1-2. All the time desperately attacking forcing me to change my tactics and marking just to keep up.

As fun and exciting it may be to watch such a match in the Champions League final i think that it may be a bit over the top for 2 lower league weak teams.

Speaking for myself I have a day job that is nowhere related to football or sports and i could miss the stress, concentration, and time required to play a simple match against a much weaker team (odds 10 to 1 and second best striker had half a yellow star).

In my opinion the game should have 3 difficulty levels:

Easy - simple fun
Medium - challenge
Hard - full time unpaid job and enjoy losing you loser muahhahahahah (which is the only currently available)

Just my thoughts ;)

For a easy simple game why dont you try classic mode?

Shortens all the stress of the full game and you can wizz a season in a day at most. People who played CM 01/02 love this game mode

When you want a challenge of being a full time football manager switch back to your other save and play a few hours on Normal Fm13

For a easy simple game why dont you try classic mode?

Shortens all the stress of the full game and you can wizz a season in a day at most. People who played CM 01/02 love this game mode

When you want a challenge of being a full time football manager switch back to your other save and play a few hours on Normal Fm13

Cheers, i may try that for a change, the stress of role playing Mourinho is killing me :p

Haha i no what your saying, i work 6 days a week and trying to play as a full time football manager on top aswell as juggle time with the Wife is killing me.

Classic mode should clear some time to wizz past the part of being Mourinho. I aint tried it yet, Cant get away from my Wolves save!