Speedylad123

Reaction score
Anybody else have a player who's stats are really bad and do well?

for example...Tom Elliott who is on loan with my Rotherham team is a sub for my team and every time i bring him on he scored 1-2 goals and keeps my main strikers out of my team

have any of you had this? i find it quite annoying...

How is he keeping your main strikers out, if he is still a sub?

But yeah, I had it happen with Danny Wilson in my second season with Liverpool. He has intended as third/fourth(had bought Corluka as DR/CB backup, and Gamberini as a starter) but he pushed Gamberini for a starting place, and went out with about 7.40 for the season in 30+ league games.

He is an awesome player now, and just won EU defender of the year (fourth season), but in the second he was really not that good.

Odemwingie from Albion, he´s stats aren´t too impressive, but in the last game in my save with Sunderland, he bag me 3 goals :S

Theo Walcott - His attributes are awful but always chips in with plenty of assists

Theo Walcott - His attributes are awful but always chips in with plenty of assists

I agree! he always bags plenty in my saves. Its mainly the players with high physical attributes that have poor technical attributes and come up with the goods...
Unless your the well know living legends!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes it's just down to things like an outrageous amount of pace (Walcott) and they're hidden attributes are good. Either that or it's just good management on and off the pitch of your player.

Sometimes it's just down to things like an outrageous amount of pace (Walcott) and they're hidden attributes are good. Either that or it's just good management on and off the pitch of your player.

Pace and Acceleration always come up with the goods for a striker...

Pace and Acceleration always come up with the goods for a striker...
Exactly. Put a striker up top with quality pace and acceleration and decent finishing (like 12+) and easy goals if your pitch is long etc.

But that is also due to the fact Pace and Acceleration have a higher weighting in terms of CA/PA to other stats.

Exactly. Put a striker up top with quality pace and acceleration and decent finishing (like 12+) and easy goals if your pitch is long etc.

Sounds like Febian Brandy for my rotherham side in league 1/2 :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bright coloured stats 15 and over don't mean the player will be a god-like player. Determination, Work Rate and Teamwork, along with Consistency(Hidden Attribute) determine how players will play. Also, Adaptability to an extent for newer players.

But some players are 'rated' by scouts as woeful, but their stats are in just the right places for them to succeed in certain positions.

^ That.

Samaras is, in general, a decent player on FM. He's scored 30+ goals for 2 seasons now.

Anybody else have a player who's stats are really bad and do well?

for example...Tom Elliott who is on loan with my Rotherham team is a sub for my team and every time i bring him on he scored 1-2 goals and keeps my main strikers out of my team

have any of you had this? i find it quite annoying...

In RL Leeds rate Tom Elliott quite highly, Don't know what his potential is on fm though.

In RL Leeds rate Tom Elliott quite highly, Don't know what his potential is on fm though.

He is on loan with Rotherham on the start of the game and he isnt very good tbh but he scored 18 in 25 for me

His stats are shocking though :')

Gabby Agbonlahor, aaron lennon and darren bent are also a few others that stats aren't brilliant but come up with the goods...

Febian Brandy (lots of pace,poor stats) still scores goals for me

Last edited: