Really enjoying this year's Fm - giving advice to others

johnbundock

Reaction score
Although I have seen a lot of people complain how it is more difficult etc I think this is the best one yet. Like most people I absolutely hate losing and going on a bad run is one of the most frustrating things at time but this year has taught me to have better communication with my players as I now praise/criticise them depending on form, hold team meetings regularly and actually attend press conferences now as I find this seriously helps to prolong a good run or help to get out of a slump. Also this year has actually made tactics fun for me because now I feel in more control. In previous years I found if you had a winning tactic your practically set for the season but I find myself changing things to nullify/counter the opposition for example being west ham and beating man city 2-1 away by playing 3 defensive midfielders to stop man city's 3 AMC's by playing on counter getting wingers to hug the touchline with the highest tempo and playing really narrow to congest the middle. Opposition instructions also need to be used more this year and watching their star AMC get marked out of the game is really rewarding as I previously just asked my assistant to do it. Now I don't want this to turn into a thread of

Great post. Very true and if everyone could see it like you the forums would be a nicer place.

Amen mate, I'm really liking this version, it just seems a bit more realistic and you actually have to think about what your doing!:) good point on man city, fed up of dzeko/silva/aguero/tevez tearing me a new orriface everytime I play them...:)

Yea, I agree with this. It's nice to have to change up your tactics against different opponents and not just stick to one for 3-4 season. feels like you can change an outcome of a match which in previous FMs felt like you had zero chance Plus I like it when the press call me a tinkerer.

Great shout im going to start going to the press meetings and talking to my players more in 2018 with wolves and i found if u man mark city they suck haven't lost to em in 5 games so make me happy :)