sparkyfarm

Reaction score
Please tell me what tactic may work for me. players for newcastle 2nd season are

GK- Rulli
LB- Jorge
CB emamana
CB Memba
RB-Janmart

DM-Romero

MC Saivet
MC Bentancur

AMR Zivkovic
AML Remy

STR Embolo
STR Millik

i have tried about ten different tactics but i am having bad results and drawing a lot. I added about 9 players at the end of season1 and used team cohesion. Def POS. I would like to play 4-1-2-2-1.please help i am tearing my hair out :O

I dont see anyone to have answered you so i can maybe help u a bit if u still struggle
well 9 players are way too much even with team cohesion half season running.
I whould go
FB(S)
CD(D)
BPD(D)
FB(S)
Regista(S)
BWM(D)
AP(S)
IF(A)
Winger(s)
F9 or DLF

Flexible
control vs teams u expect to win
counter vs teams u want to grab a win or a draw
Instructions:
High tempo
Fairly narrow
Closing down max
Use tighter marking
Stay on feet
Be more disiplined
Dribble less
Depending on the defence the opponet has u choose the
Cross style
Low crosses or whipped crosses when the team has slow defenders
Float crosses if they have shorter defenders than ur forwards

What do you want to achieve? How do you want your team to play? I can offer ideas once YOU provide the vision you have for your team.

I'll use my Arsenal save as an example and hopefully this helps, I have won everything over 4 seasons with this team and tactic, slight tweaks to playing staff over the years, this is my first season starting XI and tactics.

GK - Cech - Distribute to fullbacks (Individual Instruction)

RB - Bellerin - attack (no specific instructions)
CB - Jose Gimenez - stopper (no specific instructions)
BPD - Koscielny - defend (no specific instructions)
LB - Gibbs - attack (no specific instructions)

BWM (infront of defence) - defend Cocquelin (no specific instructions)

DLP - Ramsey - support (no specific instructions)
AP - Ozil - attack (roam and get further forward, also trained him to play this role because it is not his usual one behind the striker)

Inside Left F - Sanchez - support (get further forward)
RW - Walcott - support (no specific instructions)

CF - Vincent Aboubakar - attack (no specific instructions)

Team Instructions:
Flexible & Control
Play out of Defence
Be More Expressive (team you expect to beat)
Balanced Width
Closing Down max
Tempo High
Mixed passing style
Retain Possession
Stay on Feet (otherwise Cocquelin gets alot of reds and yellows)
Hit early crosses (type of crosses depends on opposition and weather/pitch condition)

Training:
50/50 between match and general
Balanced (Very high during pre season & average during season)
Coaches need to have styles that match your philosophy, no point having an attacking coach who likes to play direct when your style is shorter passing for example.

I also reviewed corners and free kicks and made sure I was not vulnerable on the counter, I find having 2 players located outside the box and 3 in defence helps while also retaining possession when the ball is cleared, scored a few from it too.

Hope this helps, but like real life, you have to pick a formula and stick to it, if you have a budget to replace players to fit your formula then happy days.

I find when I'm struggling it's often because I've over-complicated things. The first thing I would look at is your player roles. Try to have the players playing their preferred role, but sometimes you just have to play non-optimal. Have your wide players doing different things, so it's harder for the opposition defenders. Try an IF on one side and a winger on the other. As an example I might have my left winger crossing from byline to target man, and my right winger crossing from deep to far post. I'll also alternate the fullbacks. With a lone striker you really need to have somebody to help him out in the box, whether that's a CM or an IF, maybe both. Cut your TIs back to bare bones with your revamped playerroles and try one thing at a time till you get the sort of results you are after. Good luck.