Really struggling to get success with my tactics, how can I improve?

Works a bit better however the crosses dont seem to be that effective from the wingers. Do you think an attack duty would be more effective at playing through balls and making chances?

Eh? An Attack duty to which player(s)? Who's then making attempting the through balls?

If crosses aren't effective, look at why.

What's the best way to do this? Attacking duty for wingers

What's the best way to do what? Why is everything so vague?

Attack duty wingers? Why? How will the overlapping work then? Think about what you want to do. Then think how you'd go about implementing that. Look at the instructions and the PIs and then watch it in a match. If you do this, you'll see that Wingers/Attack cannot possibly attempt more through balls as they would be on the shoulder of the fullbacks and their job is to beat their opposite number and cross.

The best way to check why the crosses arent effective. Well I honestly dont know what to do then, Im trying to make you understand that I dont know how to fix the problem and what instructions etc to implement to make what I want to happen actually happen.

The best way to check why the crosses arent effective. Well I honestly dont know what to do then, Im trying to make you understand that I dont know how to fix the problem and what instructions etc to implement to make what I want to happen actually happen.
The "BEST" way would be to watch them in matches, surely? How else would you be able to see what's happening? Go to the analysis where your cross attempts are shown and click on the circle. It'll show you the cross. Then it is a simple matter of looking. Do you have strikers in the box to get on the end of the crosses? Are they good enough to win it in the air or will a low / whipped cross be better. ETC. It's that simple.

I know you don't know anything, but you're not even attempting to think about anything either, so you'll never learn anything.

If you were referring to the Winger/Attack question (vague - again) then do as I said in post #24? Come on, it's not that difficult, but you're expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter. Why would you choose a role that crosses more often and cannot be instructed to try more risky passes if what you actually want IS risky passes? It's a case of NOT choosing that role then and choosing something else that fits what YOU want.

:S

Last edited:
So I've thought about what you said and realised I wanted 2 systems to work that were just counter-acting each other. Ive now switched both full backs to support and one of the wingers to attack. This way the wingers become more involved and the fullbacks are there as a man if a pass is needed and no other options are available. This seems to have stopped the stupid amounts of shots by the wingers and seems like they wait more for better support. Thanks for the advice, I have realised that maybe I need to look at whats happening in the game more rather than just giving up and coming here!

Coming here is fine, but just look what happens when you take a second to think about what you want. Like I said, take the time to think about what you're doing and even watching a few minutes in full. That's going to help you so much going forward. Even if it is just to identify an issue. You wont always know how to fix it, which is where the forums can be great, but identifying issues anyone can easily do.

Anyway, glad things are looking better.