Reasons to not train "Complete Forward" ?

Jatjr

Reaction score
I still have 2013 version. I'll assume 2014 is the same thing.

Please tell me why should I not train all of my strikers "Complete Forward" ? Training Complete Forward seem to cover a lot of things...what are the reasons/incentives to NOT train Complete Forward?

Looks like same applies to Box-to-Box for MCs...as that covers a lot of attributes.

Thanks for your time.

If you want more well rounded players then there isn't any reason why you shouldn't use BTB or CF training.
Generally though people like to have more specialized players which is where training a player in a more specific role or just certain attributes would be of more use to them.
They use up less of his PA on stats they feel are less useful for what they want.

Ooh, are you saying that training more attributes, less development in each attribute?

I think I would prefer more specialized...Since I am managing a promoted club in BS-S league.

Ooh, are you saying that training more attributes, less development in each attribute?

I think I would prefer more specialized...Since I am managing a promoted club in BS-S league.

Pretty much, covering more attributes will give you a much more well rounded player but if you focus on certain ones and specialize more then you'll end up with better developed attributes in those key areas.

I usually give youngsters a cf training for about a year and then I give them more specific per attributes

I usually give youngsters a cf training for about a year and then I give them more specific per attributes

This is exactly what I do. I decide what position I will most likely play them when they first come through the youth ranks, and train them on it for 1/2 years, then move onto individual stats

This is exactly what I do. I decide what position I will most likely play them when they first come through the youth ranks, and train them on it for 1/2 years, then move onto individual stats

Didnt make myself that clear it seems ...

1st Complete forward for a season.
2nd Poacher/DLF etc depending of how I want to develop them for at least a season (usually two)
3rd Individual attributes every 3-6 months.

Of course you can train youngsters as a CF tho once they reach 21 they'll want a shot at the first team. Chances are they are fairly poor at everything and good at nothing. If they however were to train as a poacher then they'll probably be very good scoring machines at 21. If you then swich to CF the remaining attributes (wich are probably fairly low) will skyrocket with first team football and you'll have your complete forward in no time.

I would also consider only using high potential youngsters as CFs due to the ammount of attributes needed.