penquin11

Reaction score
Guys I am looking to recreate the Asian Champions League. My plan is to have 80 teams involved (not to many as there are 47 nations in the AFC, though I am not sure that each nation is represented in game). However I have some questions (look below each informative section).

My plan for the competition is as follows:
The first 16 teams would come from the top 4 Leagues (4 teams a piece)
The next 18 teams would come from the next best 6 Leagues (3 teams a piece)
The next 18 teams would come from the next best 9 Leagues (2 teams a piece)
While the remaining 28 slots would be from the remaining 28 leagues (nations).

PS: I would use fate points to get this done.

Question 1: Is it possible for me to use the FIFA coefficients with Asian teams/the Asian Footbal, I understand that I may initially have to set them per each nation, however I am willing to do so. And if this is possible, how to FIFA coefficients work, and would it be possible to build this into the game via the advanced editor?

Rules
- 7 foreign players per squad
- 7 Subs, 3 per match
- Discipline rules in line with European Champions League

Throughout the Competition Wins will be decided by
- Away Goals

My plan for the competition is to make it in 3 stages:

First Stage: Qualification
- 64 teams go head to head, with the first round being 32 v 32 and the next round being 16 v 16.

Second Stage: Group Stage
- 8 Groups with 4 teams each.
- Groups will be Randomly Drawn (Unless I can use seeding, which without FIFA coefficients would be a PIA)
- Each team plays the others once at home and once away.
- Top two from each group advance.

Third Stage: Tourney
- First Round is 16v16 hopefully seeded (1 Home + Away each)
- Second Round (Quarter Finals) is 8v8 Random Draw (1 Home + Away each)
- Third Round is the Semi Finals with 4v4 (1 Home + Away each)
- At this point the two losers will play for third place. (single match, penalties if a tie)
- Finals. (1 Home + Away each)

Question 2: This may be stupid, but how do I setup legs in the advanced editor, I see the options, but if I want 1 home game and 1 away game to be played is that one leg or two legs???

Prize Money

This is the tricky point, but at the current time I plan to just set the values to 1/2 or 3/5ths the value of the European Champions League. I know this is kind of OP given the real life values, but I want this tournament to allow for the advancement of Asian football world-wide.

Similarly TV money and ect would be set comparatively.

Question 3: Does this seem alright? No Qualms? What about other rewards (such as qualification to a tournament or such)?

1. you cant set coefficients- its hardcoded in game
2. 2 legs
3. its up to you- you can make prize money as you like