Merteswagger

Reaction score
View attachment 373191

Redknapp set to step down from QPR post

After relegation from the Premier League, Harry Redknapp is ready to step down from his post and leave QPR. In an interview with Sky Sports - Redknapp claimed he felt he couldn't take the club forward after failing the task at hand which was to keep the London side in the Barclays Premier League. Redknapp stated "I feel as though I've let the fans down who have been first class. I'd like to apologise and with regret I'm stepping down from my post as Head Coach of Queens Park Rangers football club. Everyone has been top notch - from Tony Fernandes to the cleaners, from Bobby Zamora to Julio Cesar - they've all been quality. I don't feel I can take the club much further, I gave it my all but it wasn't to be. I'd like to thank the club for everything during my short stint."

It was well known that Redknapp spent big in January, where he brought many big names to Loftus Road such as Loic Remy and Christopher Samba. The Hoops chairman Tony Fernandes had this to say; "I'd like to thank Harry and the backroom staff that have left alongside him. I brought them in as I thought they could keep us in the league but it just wasn't to be. Obviously we are going to struggle now having being relegated. We are spending alot on wages and that's something that will have to be changed when the new backroom team is appointed. I'm confident that whoever comes in will do a good job and we'll get back to where we want to be within no time."

There are various names in the mix for the post at Loftus Road, with the bookies favourite being former Wolverhampton manager Stale Solbakken. After speaking to fans outside the ground many are calling for a big name, with Gullit and Stuart Pearce popular choices amongst them. Legendary QPR striker Les Ferdinand believes the club have a good platform for success after the signings Redknapp made - but stated that players will have to leave for the R's to be competitive in the future. Many are suggesting players such as Joey Barton and Loic Remy will be first on the new managers "to go" list, with wages in excess of £50,000 and £80,000 respectively.

Keep up to date with the story at Football Games, Results, Scores, Transfers, News | Sky Sports

View attachment 373365

Rookie made 1/4 favourite to take QPR job

View attachment 373374

It has emerged in the last hour that former Coventry phsyio, Josh Malin, has been made the favourite to take the vacant manager's post at QPR. The news came about after former England U21 manager - Stuart Pearce, former favourite, ruled himself out of the running, claiming he would only consider managing in the Premier League. Tony Fernandes broke the news that the rookie was in the running through twitter when he tweeted this early this morning; "I have been in contact with Malin and it's looking promising although we are in the preliminary stages. He has shown a burning passion and desire to take this club to where we want it to be and has identified alot of good targets which outline his ambition for the club. The former blues physio, capped twice for Holland, is thought to want to bring former Gunners striker Dennis Bergkamp to Loftus Road as his number 2 if he gets the job at hand.

We caught up with The R's latest recruit Richard Dunne outside the Hoops training ground and here is what he had to say - "I know he's only had a short career, clocking up less than 100 appearances but if Tony and the lads upstairs are impressed then I don't see why not. It's no secret that we're a big club, bigger than the 2nd tier that's for sure - so for whoever does get this job, they will be under pressure to succeed, and it's if he can handle the expection of a club like this."

Malin tweeted - "I am honoured to be linked with such a post and I will comment further when I have official news". Surely a little teaser for any QPR fans!

View attachment 373797

Malin appointed new Hoops boss

View attachment 373795
After days of speculation and media attention, QPR chairman Tony Fernandes officially announced the appointment of former Holland international Josh Malin on a 2 year deal. The deal was announced early this morning and Malin is the successor to former boss Harry Redknapp who stepped down at the end of the 2012/2013 season which saw QPR relegated. In his first press conference as manager Malin had this to say; "It's now my time to prove myself on the big stage with the R's and I'm confident I can take this club to where they are aiming to be. I've set myself a challenge of returning to the Premier League this season and with the players and backroom staff in place, I believe that is easily achievable.I haven't met the squad yet but I'm happy with the team and I don't feel there's much transfer activity needed, coming in anyway."

ill be following this! what are your main targets other than going straight back up? biggest club in the world maybe?