Reclaiming Past Glories - Liverpool F.C.

aaronh229

Reaction score
Reclaiming Past Glories
A Liverpool F.C. Story

View attachment 379297

Before moving onwards and upwards with Football Manager 14 I decided to start a new and final long term save file on '13. As such I have chosen to play as Liverpool F.C. with the aim for Liverpool to ascend once again to the spot of most prestigious side within England. To achieve this I will obviously have to start accruing trophies and stopping other teams from doing so. As such without further ado here is a breakdown of Liverpool at gamestart;

Information:

View attachment 379298

Liverpool was founded in 1892 and joined the Football League the following year. The club has played at Anfield since its formation. The most successful period in Liverpool's history was the 1970s and '80s when Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley led the club to eleven league titles and seven European trophies.

The club's supporters have been involved in two major tragedies. The first was the Heysel Stadium disaster in 1985 in which charging Liverpool fans caused a wall to collapse, killing 39 Juventus supporters and resulting in Liverpool being banned from European club competitions for 6 years. In the 1989 Hillsborough disaster, 96 Liverpool supporters lost their lives in a crush against perimeter fencing.

Liverpool has long-standing rivalries with neighbours Everton and Manchester United. The team changed from red shirts and white shorts to an all-red home strip in 1964. The club's anthem is "You'll Never Walk Alone".
Facilities

View attachment 379299

Anfield, the site of many of Liverpool's greatest victories and the home of the club since the club was inherited from the cross-city rivals, Everton. The stadium has four stands: the Spion Kop, Main Stand, Centenary Stand and Anfield Road. The record attendance of 61,905, was set at a match between Liverpool and Wolves in 1952. The ground's conversion to an all-seater stadium in 1994 as a result of the Taylor Report greatly reduced its capacity.

Two gates at the ground are named after former Liverpool managers:
Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley. A statue of Shankly is situated outside the stadium. The ground is 2 miles (3 km) from Liverpool Lime Street railway station.

My plan is to turn Anfield into the fortress it was under Shankly and Paisley, making it once again one of the most feared away games in Europe.

While Liverpool remain second within England as regards the numbers of competitions won and the only English team to win five European Championships, recent years have seen their domestic and European prestige slowly slip away. With the League Cup win in the 2011-2012 season being their last silverware Liverpool were forced out of the top 6 in the Premier League in 2012-2013. This has to change and I hope to add to the trophy cabinet and overhauling United's Top Flight wins as well as their trophy total.

Expectations:

View attachment 379302
The initial board targets seem fairly favourable with the hardest goal no doubt being the attaining of a semi-final place in the F.A. Cup. With Liverpool starting with 0 in the kitty for transfers and needing to break back into the top 6, reliance will fall heavily on Suarez and Gerrard to lift the team well enough to ensure a definite European spot next year.

Last edited:
Will follow this,like the layout + Liverpool is my favourite team,looking forward to it.