Midge

Reaction score
Gary Neville and Edwin Van Der Sar both have 6 months left on there contract, so i interacted with them and recommend that Neville to become assistant manager, and Edwin a coach.

they both replied with 'i could start right now if you want me too!'

so i offer them the roles previous mentioned with wages, but the agent keeps changing the contract back to player in the negotiations.

what do i do?

Just wait, in a month or so, they will sack their agents and you can offer them the contract you want :)

Gary Neville and Edwin Van Der Sar both have 6 months left on there contract, so i interacted with them and recommend that Neville to become assistant manager, and Edwin a coach.

they both replied with 'i could start right now if you want me too!'

so i offer them the roles previous mentioned with wages, but the agent keeps changing the contract back to player in the negotiations.

what do i do?

Get them to then do some tutoring of younger players. Then, once they have gained some experience, and are past their best as players (as both are already at the start of the game), offer a contract as a player\coach-- which, as a side benefit, will reduce your wage bill for the cronies. Play them in reserves and lower level cup games occasionally and eventually they'll retire from playing. Then offer them jobs as coaches. I have Both Scholes and Giggs now as coaches, both of whom are showing a lot of promise in the roles. Letting Club Icons go, as I did with Neville, upsets the board. Having them stay on as coaches not only gives you cheap and decent coaches, but it seems to also then make the other staff suddenly see you as favoured personnel. And, they don't have to spend time gaining Club Players Knowledge as new coaches otherwise do.

Giggs is fast becoming one of the best attacking coaches in the game and now does all my Backroom pre-match advice.

I suggest you also get Owen Hargreaves tutoring as often as possible. He wants to go into management when he retires, and when he does will make a top class Assistant Manager. In my save he is already a potentially better Asst manager than Phelan, and he's still a first team player.

Owen Hargreaves took charge of Sheff Wed in my save, got them promoted to Premiership, and is now in Champions League. He's a great manager.