Recommend Me Some Books!

Average Joe

Reaction score
Got a two week holiday this year with the girlfriend (first time that isn't a lads holiday!) so I'm going to start stocking up on books to read on my kindle.

Basically would like suggestions for any decent books you lot have read :)

Cheersloveyoubye

50 Shades Of Grey

j/k.. any football Biographies or Autobiographies.

50 Shades Of Grey

j/k.. any football Biographies or Autobiographies.

Iv'e read a fair few mate, got any suggestions? Last one I read was Robbie Fowlers.... by far the worst. Pile of *****. Was from Poundland though.... still feel I over paid!

Shaun Micallef 'Preincarnate'
Mark Oliver Everett 'Things The Grandkids Should Know'
Anthony Kiedis 'Scar Tissue'

Don't know mate what type of books do you like? I would suggest Pep Guardiola's biography by Guillem Balague. A superb read and and one you will not be able to put down.

Paths of Glory or The Fourth Estate by Jeffrey Archer are good reads too.

For some reason the Pep book costs more on Kindle! Will Wish List it though cheers!

The Anthony Kiedis book looks good, not on Kindle at the moment though! Hopefully it will go on there before my holiday so I can buy it ^^)

I would recommend Fight Club by Chuck Pakalalalacacuk ( obviously sp), anything from Dostoevsky ( well some novels like The Idiot, Crime and Punishment, The Brothers Karamazov are masterpieces in my opinion) and The Praise of Folly by Erasmus Roterodamus.

Inverting the Pyramid, and Teambuilding:The Road to Success are two fascinating reads...although you may not be into football books.

Inverting the Pyramid, and Teambuilding:The Road to Success are two fascinating reads...although you may not be into football books.

I've looked at getting that mate as it looks decent! Also just added that Football Manager Ruined My Life book - or whatever the title was!

I've looked at getting that mate as it looks decent! Also just added that Football Manager Ruined My Life book - or whatever the title was!

Ahhhhh, Cherno Samba's book. Looks to be a great read.

Ahhhhh, Cherno Samba's book. Looks to be a great read.

Have you read Soccernomics? Got 4* on amazon reviews

Soccernomics isn't in the first place about money. It's about looking at data in new ways. It's about revealing counterintuitive truths about football. It explains all manner of things about the game which newspapers just can't see. It all adds up to a new way of looking at football, beyond clichés about "The Magic of the FA Cup", "England's Shock Defeat" and "Newcastle's New South American Star".

No training in economics is needed to read Soccernomics but the reader will come out of it with a better understanding not just of football, but of how economists think and what they know.

Sounds a bit.... differn't lol

I've recently started collecting football biographies, and would recommend Paul Gascoigne, Gary Neville and Tony Adams' books. Also got Duncan Edwards, Denis Law, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes' to read, I'll let you know how good they are when I've finished them.

Gazza's book was quite short and simple, but fascinating none the less.

I'm gunna go with the obvious one; Football Manager Stole My Life - very good read if you have played football manager a lot over the years. Also, Steven Gerrard's autobiography is a good read... Suppose you kinda have to like Steven Gerrard to wanna read it, though? Apparently Fergie's is good, too, never read it myself though.

James Ellroy's L.A. Quartet should keep yo occupied for the two weeks...

The Black Dahlia
The Big Nowhere
L.A. Confidential
White Jazz

heh, depending on how quick you can read, go the late Robert Jordan 'Wheel of Time' series. 13 books strong with 2 to go.

Kindle - schmindle! Get it real, paper feel yo.

heh, depending on how quick you can read, go the late Robert Jordan 'Wheel of Time' series. 13 books strong with 2 to go.

Kindle - schmindle! Get it real, paper feel yo.

Taking 13 books on holiday isn't the best idea in the world.

Back