Recommended players on Football Manager Handheld 2014

TheFalse9

Reaction score
Basically, this is a thread you post gems you've found on FMH14 who you'd recommend to others. Obviously, there's no need to post well-known players like Cristiano Ronaldo or Neymar, but feel free to post players who are relatively well-known (such as Ander Herrera, Mauricio Isla, etc.). It's best if you can either post a screenshot of their profile or just give some general description of them (position, club, value/transfer fee, nationality, etc.), but if you can't, that's fine.

During the few days I've had the game, I've only signed a few players with Liverpool (all on free transfers due to the limited budget), and I think some of them are worth sharing. I've provided screenshots below for some of them, but I couldn't find some of the others using the name search function for some reason (despite seeing them available for free a few in-game weeks before)! Here they are...

Mohamed Sissoko

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

Paulo Assun??o

Oguchi Onyewu

David Bentley

The other two who are available for free, but I couldn't find on the name search, were Yossi Benayoun (Israeli former-Liverpool midfielder) and William Gallas (former French and Spurs player) - bear in mind, though, both command quite high wages - so in my opinion, you should go for Onyewu instead of Gallas. It's also worth mentioning that Ebanks-Blake scored a debut goal against Chelsea on my save, when I played him upfront with Iago Aspas (both my first-team strikers were lacking fitness), so he's a useful player to have on a 10k per week wage, even if you're a top team!

As I said, feel free to share any of your finds or just players who've performed well for you - and try to either post a screenshot or details about them, if possible!

Last edited:
For lower league starts (Bath) i bought in Ryan Bird from Portsmouth for 4K so far hes doing the business and scoring.

Ruben Rayos- Former La Masia graduate former Elche player. In My AC Milan save, i signed Ruben from Maccabi Haifa F.C. I started him out as a back up for Kaka'. But soon After Niang got hurt i Used him on the right wing of a 4-2-3-1. An amazing 24 goals and 21 assists in 40 overall played competitions.! Hes rated at 625k. Bought him at an inflated price at 2.5 million but totally worth it.! very versatile player. can play anywhere in midfield.! I bought him with his contract at 4 years, you could probably get him cheaper if you wait a little longer. he is 27 and in his prime.! His mainly an attacking midfielder but he can play anywhere in midfield.

Just looked for some of these players and couldn't find them in player search?? Any ideas I'm swindon and in championship hopefully going to be promoted to premiership so need some good young cheap talent???

Just looked for some of these players and couldn't find them in player search?? Any ideas I'm swindon and in championship hopefully going to be promoted to premiership so need some good young cheap talent???

View attachment 454399View attachment 454397View attachment 454396View attachment 454394View attachment 454392View attachment 454390

If u can buy them then its ok but if not just loan . Abel herrera has amazing stats for a 15years old . I will try him n post his stats after 3-4months .

For some players to be in your save, you need to load certain leagues or have a large database.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk.

Thanks do the info and that Herrera looks amazing but can't find him :-(

I have restarted my season with Bath, this time adding the following leagues:
1. English
2. Spain
3. Germany

Now i get all the players listed beside the young Herrera.
I think my club is to rubbish right now as none of them wanna sign, even on loan.

Bought Ryan Bird again, on Free this time and he is still banging them in,

Sticking to a 5-3-2 Attacking formation
Attack - Mixed - Committed

He isn't really an unknown gem, but Will Hughes is definitely worth a look if you're managing a top flight team.

I have restarted my season with Bath, this time adding the following leagues:
1. English
2. Spain
3. Germany

Now i get all the players listed beside the young Herrera.
I think my club is to rubbish right now as none of them wanna sign, even on loan.

Bought Ryan Bird again, on Free this time and he is still banging them in,

Sticking to a 5-3-2 Attacking formation
Attack - Mixed - Committed

I managed to find herrera in the 2nd season(14-15) . Mayb he didnt appear in the first season(13-14) .

Hi Guys

A review of a few signings I have made so far - now in 3rd season with Newcastle - finished top 4 first two seasons.

GK - Jan Obak - quality signing surpasses Tim Krul quite quickly
Defenders - Bisevaic - good signing not too pricey at ?4m
Adam Henley - good back up or signing if a lower end prem team - develops quite well. Still only 21
Maicon - 5m quality in first season, not as good in 2nd - wages expensive first season but will sign a new contract at xmas for less.

Midfielders
Mohammed Sissoko - Free transfer - would def sign again although is not as good as tiote or Anita

Benayoun - Free Transfer - great signing although only get about two seasons out of him but had 2nd most assits for me 1st season

Rodwell - just signed him for 6m and looks like a bargain.

Yordy Reyna - bought him for 11m had some great games but inconsistent - sold him for 45m after 1 season.

Bernetta - gets lots of assists as a winger but quite pricey

Viktor Fisher - paid a fortune for him but good lord he is good.

Attackers
Jo - 12m but top scorer both seasons.

I would recommend signing Cabaye, Tiote & Santon if you can but also Campbell doesnt look that good at start but after two seasons on loan his stats are great and has scored 5 in 5. Scored 16 for Leeds in Season 2 while on loan.

Serge Aurier can be signed from Toulouse for ~?10 million in the first season, and on cheap wages. He's only 20 years old, and can play both left-back and right-back!

Some recommendations:
Alexis Allart (FC Istres OP) - SC, 27, ?1.3M
Salom?n Rond?n (Rubin) - SC, 24, ?11M (signed for ?13.25M)
Fraser Forster (Celtic) - GK, 25, ?3.6M (signed for ?4.2M)
Yann M'Vila (Rubin) - DMC, 23, ?9.5M (signed for ?12.75M)
Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle) - AMR/C, 26, ?11M (signed for ?16.5M)
Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton) - DR/L, 22, ?5.5M (signed for ?10.75M)
Emre Can (Leverkusen) - DC/DMC, 19, ?5M (signed on loan)
Serge Gnabry (Arsenal) - AMR/C, 18, ?3.9M (signed on loan)
Gabriel Barbosa (Santos) - SC, 17, ?3.6M (signed on loan)
Mohamed Sissoko (unattached) - DMC, 28, ?7.5M (signed on a free)
Jean-Alain Boumsong (unattached) - DC, 33, ?900K (signed on a free)
Paulo Assun??o (unattached) - DMC, 33, ?2M (signed on a free)
Yossi Benayoun (unattached) - AMR/L/C, 33, ?3.7M (signed on a free)
Dominic Vose (unattached) - AMC, 19, ?725K (signed on a free)

I've signed these players for Liverpool, so some of them may not necessarily want to move to 'lesser' clubs. The values and ages are on the 16th November 2013 in-game, after I've signed them (I haven't signed Allart yet, though), so they may not be entirely accurate. The players in bold are ones who are strongly recommended (for value, quality or potential). If anyone has any questions about wages, performances, etc. of the said players, then feel free to ask me in this thread or PM me!

For mid-table or higher Prem clubs, I would seriously recommend Nicusor Stanciu, His value may seem rubbish at first, but after 1 or 2 seasons you'll completely forget that value. You can prise him off his club for 5m, but you'll need around 65k wages to get him to you.

In my Villa save, My scouts reported he was 5 star ability, and 5 star potential. That is AMAZING at only 20 years of age.

He isn't really an unknown gem, but Will Hughes is definitely worth a look if you're managing a top flight team.

I did notice that all the years in the Championship does take a toll on him, but hes the sort of guy who improves, improves and improves.

For mid-table or higher Prem clubs, I would seriously recommend Nicusor Stanciu, His value may seem rubbish at first, but after 1 or 2 seasons you'll completely forget that value. You can prise him off his club for 5m, but you'll need around 65k wages to get him to you.

In my Villa save, My scouts reported he was 5 star ability, and 5 star potential. That is AMAZING at only 20 years of age.
I'm pretty sure the scouts base their ability and potential on your squad, though - i.e. they compare them to your best players (so if you were Man City, then he would have lower ability and potential).