Record's Galore An attempt to become the best of the best.

Lewis Barlow

Reaction score
In this story i am starting unemployed with international experience and what i am going to do is take control of one of the smaller clubs in the premier league (when they become available) and will attempt to beat Two records in particular. Firstly to beat the Manchester United's record of league titles and then to beat Real Madrid's record of Champions League titles, Stay tuned for further posts.

So the team that i have chosen fit all of my criteria and they offered me the job straight away so of course i accepted it, The team i have chosen to go on this amazing adventure with is.....

View attachment 287972

Yes thats right i am the new manager of Queens Park Rangers and already the mission is clear with the team sitting bottom of the table the first order of buisness is of course to stay up.

A bit about the club.
Queens Park Rangers Football Club were founded in 1886 after the merger of Christchurch Rangers and St. Judes Institute, and their traditional colours are blue and white. In the early years after the club's formation in their original home of Queen's Park, games were played at many different grounds until finally the club settled into their current location at Loftus Road. Owing to their proximity to other west London clubs, QPR maintain long-standing rivalries with several other clubs in the area. The most notable of these are Chelsea, Fulham and Brentford, with whom they contest what are known as West London Derbies.

The Kits.

View attachment 287974

The Ground.

View attachment 287975

So as you can see they have not got the best of stadiums, while in charge i intend to convince the board to build a new stadium in order to compete with the european giants.

The Players.

The Captain.

Ji Sung Park.

View attachment 287976

The Best Player.

Julio Cesar.

View attachment 287977

The Budgets.
Even though the owner of QPR is quite rich he has not given me the best of budgets, but hey its not all bad becuase theirs already some decent players here i just need to untap their potential.
Transfer Budget. 2.07 Million
Remaining Wage Budget. 161k

Keep your eyes peeled for the next post.

November (Or what's left of it)

I took over with only a week left of the month so i only had to contend with 2 games.

QPR 0-0 Wigan

This was a pretty boring game to be honest on chances created we deserved to win the game but what can you do.

Norwich 0-0 QPR

Second goalless draw in a row this game this game was a lot more open but each teams strikers were playing dreadful.

Player Of The Month (Or in this case week)

Anton Ferdinand.

View attachment 287982

Anton performed brilliantly throughout both games receiving and average rating of 8.2 and helping the team to 2 clean sheets.

December.

West Brom 1-1 QPR
Taarabt
Another bore draw with not many chances on goal but did provide me with the first goal of my reign.

Liverpool 2-0 QPR
The start of a difficult run of games for me including Man Utd and Arsenal. The game was quite open but Liverpool showed their class in the end.

QPR 3-3 Man Utd
Rafael O.G. Zamora, Shelvey
The most irritating game so far as i was 3-0 up in this game and threw it all away in the second half.

QPR 5-1 Newcastle
Park Ji Sung, Steven Taylor O.G., Zamora, Shelvey, Hoilett
What a game! Throughout the entire game we dominated in every position and actually deserved more goals.

QPR 3-0 Arsenal
Bosingwa, Taarabt (2)
Another absolute fantastic performance from the boys things are looking up now.

Sunderland 0-5 QPR
Westwood O.G., Parr, Zamora (3)
The scorline did slightly flatter us in this game but i am not going to complain as that 3 wins on the bounce scoring 13 goals.

QPR 3-1 Southampton
Zamora (3)
Really impressed again with the performance especially from Zamora with back to back hat tricks.

Player of the Month.

View attachment 288472

The Table

View attachment 288473

So moved up from 20th to 11th in my first full month in charge, so hope i can build on this momentum and keep rising up the table.

Watch out for further posts....

Struggling to find any decent players cheap in the January window any suggestions?

Struggling to find any decent players cheap in the January window any suggestions?
Have a look at the free transfers first mate. Look at Wellington Nem and Adryan, both brilliant wonderkids with low release clauses of £3.5m and 875k respectively, you need some youth as QPR have a very high avergae age of squad.

Have a look at the free transfers first mate. Look at Wellington Nem and Adryan, both brilliant wonderkids with low release clauses of £3.5m and 875k respectively, you need some youth as QPR have a very high avergae age of squad.

Will check them out, cheers mate

AAARRGGGHHHH!! This game really annoys me, for some reason my save file is corrupted so it looks as though my story has come to an end early. So ive decided to start a new save but i havent decided what team to be, so if you have an idea of what team you want me to be post it below and whichever team gets the most mentions is the team i will manage.

Is there no way to get your save back? My game corrupted once (and crashes pretty frequently) but luckily I save often and not only that, but the game actually made a backup save which was clean, so I could continue as if nothing had happened.

If you do start again, I say do something a bit different if it'll hold your interest. I started out in South Korea with Seoul on FM12 (previous experience as international footballer to make it seem more legit) and plugged away with them for a few seasons before I opened up Brazil and saw what jobs I could get there. If you've the patience, it'd be great to make a game where you slowly build up to the big European leagues, earning your spurs somewhere far flung and not quite so well publicised over here. Kind of like Roy Hodgson, though more exotic ;)

Is there no way to get your save back? My game corrupted once (and crashes pretty frequently) but luckily I save often and not only that, but the game actually made a backup save which was clean, so I could continue as if nothing had happened.

If you do start again, I say do something a bit different if it'll hold your interest. I started out in South Korea with Seoul on FM12 (previous experience as international footballer to make it seem more legit) and plugged away with them for a few seasons before I opened up Brazil and saw what jobs I could get there. If you've the patience, it'd be great to make a game where you slowly build up to the big European leagues, earning your spurs somewhere far flung and not quite so well publicised over here. Kind of like Roy Hodgson, though more exotic ;)

Even the auto save file wont load so i have no idea if i can get it back, i have actually thought about managing somewhere random for a couple of years so i don't think id have the continued interest as they are very easy to dominate and becomes boring after a while, where as over here the teams are always developing and provide a different challenge each season.

I think have decided on a new team to begin my story with but i want to know what you think first, the team i have chosen is Crystal Palace.... Thoughts?

Crystal Palace is a great idea!
Just try to keep hold of Zaha, he's great. :D

I have decided to start a new thread for my Crystal Palace save so why dont you go check it out.