Recovering physical attributes after long-term injury

TommyKae

Reaction score
So

Playing with Chelsea in 2012/13 when Torres gets injured and is sidelined for abut 6 months.
Finally recovering and back in training, but his physical attributes - namely acceleration and pace - have dropped.

Considering he's now 29, my question is - will he bounce back and regain pace and acceleration?

Cheers

I had the same happen to me and he had a half star drop in PA. Permanent I guess

Unlikely that he will make up more than 1 a season (possibly two if you're very lucky!) I had the same problem with Fierro 5-6 seasons down the line.

Advise I would give is.....look at his attributes as though he is a player you are looking at buying, or compare him to a quality striker you could possibly buy. If he matches up, keep him, because I sold Fierro and he went on to have a great season at his new team, wish I'd kept him. I replaced him with a 23 million pound striker....whom got 5 goals in 23 appearances lol!

Maybe think about introducing strurigde a little more and gradually fade him out?

Sturridge works as a hard working and pacey inside fwd on the right wing. Gets the job done. My main STC is Seydou Doumbia who filled Torres' boots, and then some.
Certainly not worth keeping him on at 29 years old and 180k/week if he's not going to recover those attributes - especially not at the cost of keeping Doumbia out on the sidelines and having him turn to *****.

It's very unlikely he will regain his speed. He has no more potential left and at 29 is on his way down. Older guys don't get faster, just the way life is.

It's very unlikely he will regain his speed. He has no more potential left and at 29 is on his way down. Older guys don't get faster, just the way life is.

Which is why nobody wanted to pick him up from the bargain bin... I put him up for sale at 18m (20% over market value) not a single nibble. I guess nobody wants to shell out 150k+ per week for a broken player.
Decided to keep him on, build him back up and offload him in the winter - and then he gets injured for 7 weeks with a "lower back stress fracture". Engage "FFFFFUUUUUUUU" rage comic face, flip table.