Sergen Yalcin

would you please consider recreating the turkish legend sergen yalçın for fm 11.1? he was the far best and unorthodox turkish player who really suits today's barcelona's system, and has great skills and vision but lacks pace; i'm sure that he is the kind of a player that you are into...

in new save i notice, what my team have a lot of AMC, and i think - why not to recreate Shadow Striker role, what not available in FM 11 like default role.

for more inspiration i use this video about SS in example - Mesut Ozil in German national team (season 16/17 in Arsenal he play same role to, with Sanchez who drops deeper).

[video=youtube;Hyl_XHMeSmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyl_XHMeSmk[/video]

simple words - SS acting like second striker, making runs from deep in space created for him by main striker, mostly Deep lying Forward (other support roles can fit it too). in roles - SS your #9, ST your #10. He move into channels between opposition defenders. In defense he drop deep and harass opponent midfielders.

I think SI in modern versions of FM just make a little changes in Inside forward on the position in centre.
how it look on default:

View attachment 83966

selfish, static role, this is not a SS.

This is SS in my vision

View attachment 83961

why i dont change his mentality - in formation he stay deeper than ST (because he AMC) and, when ST got the ball SS should move to more advanced position behind him (based on mentality. this is why i think SS should work better with Balanced philosophy). Also, because SS - our main threat, he should have "aggressive mentality" for more aggressive runs, passes and desicions. But dont worry, even considering he very aggressive, he still drop deep to help defence, because he AMC.

p.s: dont be confused what i use striker on attack duty, this is Trequarista on ST role.

Examples from first game vs Blackpool (this team stronger us) with this role:

View attachment 83960

both SS make runs from deep in the space created by my striker, what drops deep and drag opponent defenders.

View attachment 83950

great example of "move into channels".

View attachment 83959

here my n.11 make good run into big gap what created after opponent DC leave his position.

View attachment 83958

example of SS+SS partnership.

and most beauty

[video=youtube;JM6Egvxi_wM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6Egvxi_wM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

<3

Tactic familiarity very low on start of the season, and team blend low too, but i realy like movenent with this role.

Of course this role depends from good dribble, finishing, off the ball and anticipation. Your ST also should be creative.

I know, not so much peoples now play in old FMs, but may be someone, from FM12 or 13 find it useful.

Last edited:
in new save i notice, what my team have a lot of AMC, and i think - why not to recreate Shadow Striker role, what not available in FM 11 like default role.

for more inspiration i use this video about SS in example - Mesut Ozil in German national team (season 16/17 in Arsenal he play same role to, with Sanchez who drops deeper).

[video=youtube;Hyl_XHMeSmk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyl_XHMeSmk[/video]

simple words - SS acting like second striker, making runs from deep in space created for him by main striker, mostly Deep lying Forward (other support roles can fit it too). in roles - SS your #9, ST your #10. He move into channels between opposition defenders. In defense he drop deep and harass opponent midfielders.

I think SI in modern versions of FM just make a little changes in Inside forward on the position in centre.
how it look on default:

View attachment 1127261

selfish, static role, this is not a SS.

This is SS in my vision

View attachment 1127266

why i dont change his mentality - in formation he stay deeper than ST (because he AMC) and, when ST got the ball SS should move to more advanced position behind him (based on mentality. this is why i think SS should work better with Balanced philosophy). Also, because SS - our main threat, he should have "aggressive mentality" for more aggressive runs, passes and desicions. But dont worry, even considering he very aggressive, he still drop deep to help defence, because he AMC.

p.s: dont be confused what i use striker on attack duty, this is Trequarista on ST role.

Examples from first game vs Blackpool (this team stronger us) with this role:

View attachment 1127267

both SS make runs from deep in the space created by my striker, what drops deep and drag opponent defenders.

View attachment 1127278

great example of "move into channels".

View attachment 1127269

here my n.11 make good run into big gap what created after opponent DC leave his position.

View attachment 1127270

example of SS+SS partnership.

and most beauty

[video=youtube;JM6Egvxi_wM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6Egvxi_wM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

<3

Tactic familiarity very low on start of the season, and team blend low too, but i realy like movenent with this role.

Of course this role depends from good dribble, finishing, off the ball and anticipation. Your ST also should be creative.

I know, not so much peoples now play in old FMs, but may be someone, from FM12 or 13 find it useful.

i want to use your tactic please send me a link.

sorry, i rarely visit this forum now.

I can't give you link, because this is not plug and play tactic. I can explain you some basics, may be it will help you.

Strategy - Standart. But i recommend you to change it to something more offensive, because this type formation mostly defensive formation (5-4-1), and sometimes you need more mans on the opponent part of the pitch. But if you don't need it, this tactic works very well with "Counter" strategy.

Philosophy - Balanced. I say it why in my post, but you also can use "fluid". This should give your player much more movement.

Passing - default, but short should also work. With 4 midfielders you will outnumber 99% your opponents in the middle.

Creative freedom - more disciplined, i used it for half of the season. Use default or more expensive, your players should not stick to positions, good movement of your AMC-AMC-ST vital in this tactic.

Closing down - less. You can change it how you want. I like when my team sit deep.

Marking - zonal. Same with closing down, zonal marking keep shape.

Roles and duties:

Gk - distribute to defender: DCc, if we play vs formation with 2 strikers. distribute to Wingback if vs formation with 1 striker.

DC(x)-DC(c)-DC(x) : this type of 3 at the back i use vs opponent what like to play through the wings. DC(c) tight marking - no.

DC(c)-DC(x)-DC(c) : i use vs opponent what play through the middle. DC(c) tight marking - no.

DC(d)-DC(d)-DC(d) : also should work very well. all DC tight marking - no.

Wingbacks: support if you want from them to make more through passes, attack if you want to make more crosses. Tight marking - yes. I sometimes turn Roaming: on, this is how Complete wingback works in modern versions of FM.

CM(d) - you need 1 holding/destructor midfielder. DLP or CMd/BWMd. Tight marking - no (to keep shape and protect this space behind them).

CM(s) - you need 1 runner/creator. B2B or CMs. Tight marking - no (to keep shape and protect this space behind them).

AMCs - like on my screen, both. Roaming: on.

St - you can use a lot of options here. DLF(s) CF(s) Trequarista. Striker should be creative, i dont think Targetman, Defensive forward will work here.

This is basic plan. Of course it not always work, how i say you need good AMCs, in my save my AMCs have bad movement and finishing ,but still score a lot of goals.

Problems:

sometimes, when opponent use AMC - he got a lot of space between your MCs-DCs. This is big problem. You can try man mark him, but i suggest to try playing with 2 dms. 2 dms and push your wingbacks to ML-MR positions.

Hard to win the ball on the wing, obviously because you have only 1 player there. But when ball on the wing, their crosses should not threat you, you always have 3-5 players to deal with it.

Lack of players in attack. Basicly, you have only 3 players - AMC-AMC-ST. This is a great combo in counter-attack, what can shred your opponent, but in possession, when opponent sits deep, you need more peoples on the final third of the pitch.

This is good tactic anyway, but need some improvements.

Last edited: