Recreating the Glory at Saint Etienne

• Thread starter Thread starter LovanoFM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 10K
December

This month saw us play TPS and Zilina in the last two games of the Europa League.

Beating TPS 8-0 and Zilina 4-0 we had a better goal difference than Tottenham by 1 but they still came 1st don't know how the Europa League point system works but I came 2nd never the less.

The 3-1 win vs Lorient was probably the best result in the league. Our CM Lemoine scored two and Aleksic scored one.

These signings I made have definitely proved worth it so far as we are doing much better in the league and are much more consistent against the bigger teams. Especially are two strikers Fierro and Batshuayi.

Still 3 points behind leaders Montpellier and we have a game in hand against them. If we win the game and win by more than one goal then we will go 1st on goal difference.

The season is pushing on now near to the end. We are performing well still as you can see 6-1 win vs Caen, 3-0 win vs OM.

We are looking to retain the Coupe de la Ligue for the 3rd time in a row after we beat Avignon in the semi finals 3-2. Its now PSG in the final.

I am hopeful that these guys will keep their 4 start potential and will gradually be introduced to the first team in the years to come.

League standings

View attachment 369345

Still looking good were in second place. We would have been in 1st but we drew two games one with Lyon and one with Lille.

Europa League

View attachment 369346

We have been drew against Bilbao in the 1st knockout round. It could have been worse but it definitely could have been better.

Star of the show

View attachment 369347

February

Saint Etienne 3 - 0 Evian - Aleksic, Fierro x 2 - Ligue 1

Sochaux 1 - 0 Etienne -
Ligue 1

Etienne 1 - 0 Guingamp -
Fierro - Ligue 1

Lorient 2 - 3 Etienne -
Batshuayi, Fierro, Guilavogui - French Cup 11th Round

Stade Reims 2 - 1 Etienne -
Batshuayi - Ligue 1

Etienne 1 - 3 Athletic -
Batshuayi - Europa League 1st knockout round

Athletic 2 - 5 Etienne -
Aleksic x 3, Pogba, Imbula - Europa League 1st knockout round.
Aleksic scored two goals in extra time to win this game 6-5 on aggregate.

We now have to face Spartak Moscow in the 2nd round.

French Cup quarter finals against RC Lens, hoping for a victory here as last year we slipped out two rounds before this.

And finally in the League we are in 3rd place which is still enough to get us Champions League football. We have a game in hand on 2nd place Lille so if we get the 3 points we will go 2nd by 1 point.

March, April & May

View attachment 369464

Europa League: We beat Spartak Moscow 9-1 on aggregate in the 2nd knockout round. Then we played Hannover and beat them 4-2 on aggregate.

We then beat Valencia away away 2-1 which was the hard work down. But YET again our inconsistent form made us lose at home 2-0 which meant we lost 3-2 on aggregate I was so shocked.

Coupe de la Ligue: Absolutely amazing result beating PSG 4-1. Aleksic the pick of the bunch scoring two.

Ligue 1:
The best game was probably the 3-1 win vs PSG or the 3-0 win vs Nice.

Team & Player stats

Ruffier was goalkeeper of the year.
Guilavogui was young player of the year.
Fierro scored 25 goals which made him come 2nd in the leagues highest goal scorer.

Finances down the drain

View attachment 369467

Our plan for new youth facilities have been cancelled due to financial problems at Etienne.

Ligue 1 standings

View attachment 369468

Glad to say we finished 3rd in the league which means we have Champions League football next season. Also a big improvement from last years 6th place finish.

First of all sorry for not posting!

I have completed the 3rd season at Etienne.

Glad to say we are winners of the Ligue 1 and Finalists of the French Cup. Some amazing results.

I have just been speaking to Klippybo about my story and he said I could maybe Do this story by livestreaming.

I have been streaming for 4 days now and doing pretty well so I am going to be linking the stream everytime I go live and play the Etienne save!

Sorry for the inconvenience !!

Back