Recruiting players specifically for tutoring

Revolve

Reaction score
Hi, so I've got my team up from lower leagues and I'm going to start recruiting from youth when I get good regens. Unfortunately as my team is rather ragtag and I don't have many older players with high mental stats, I've been thinking of recruiting some really cheap, low wage old timers specifically for recruitment. Is this possible or are there obstacles to doing this?

Also, if I were to do this, what are the stats they would absolutely need to have to bring the best out of the player. Also, I assume personality wise determined is the best or are you better off matching the player with your team personality?

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT IT'S JUST A GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I do that sometimes. I sign old proven players in positions that my top regens play.

I do it on every long-term save. I sometimes buy 10-15 players and make a player/coach squad. It works wonders for your squad in a few years time, player personalities are over-looked too often. If you look at my Ajax squad in my story (shameless plug), nearly all have at least a resolute personality. This mainly makes them train harder, and work harder in matches.

In terms of what to look for in a tutor, determination is not the key attribute. It's the hidden attribute of professionalism. Look for players with professional, model professional, resolute, and spirited personalities. There's a lot about this on the SI forum if you want to look deeper into it.

Hope that helps you.

So no other mental attributes matter at all, you mainly look for those personalities and then high determination so that doesn't decrease? How do you prevent their unhappiness at not getting games from disrupting the squad?

I do that every serious save. Can't even imagine basing a team on regens without it.

So no other mental attributes matter at all, you mainly look for those personalities and then high determination so that doesn't decrease? How do you prevent their unhappiness at not getting games from disrupting the squad?
For players to reach their maximum potential, they need to be at least 15 in Determination, Professionalism and Ambition. It's easy to prevent unhappiness, just make sure that when you're signing the player you do not give them a contract stating that they will be in the first team. I usually sign my tutors as backup options, and play them every once in a while, be it in the cup games or putting them on when you're winning comfortably. Players with that are high in all of the 3 mentioned attributes would play good most of the time even if their stats have declined by a lot, because that's what a determined, ambitious and professional player would do.

Another quick question about tutoring, which I figured I'd post here too. If I have a regen with 20 determination but who I want a tutor with 17/18 determination to train so he can get his sportsmanship/ambition up, is that worth it? What sort of effect will that have on the tutee's determination?

Determination will mirror the tutor's. Determination always changes (sometimes not to the full extent, but it does happen..)

I didn't realize how much difference tutoring someone makes. I bought Drogba for my Celtic team and have him training a Celtic youth called Paul McMillan who I am persevering with beause he looks like a decent young prospect and Drogba has brought him on leaps and bounds I only 2/3 months. I'll post a screenshot when im in my house.

Another quick question. I have a player who has high Consistency, Loyalty and Important Matches but middling Ambition and Professionalism (13 and 14 respectively). If I have him tutor a player with low Consistency, Loyalty and Important Matches, but high Ambition and Professionalism, will the latter decrease because his tutor is lower? Also, do Consistency, Loyalty and IM improve through tutoring at all?

Has taken you quite long to get to your house mate XD