Red Bull - It Gives You Wings!!! - A FC RB Salzburg Story

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
1642657925335.png

FC RB SALZBURG

I thought I would go somewhere where I have never managed before for my next save and that has taken me to Austria (and possibly a few other countries lol). I have decided to take on the current leading team in Austria RB Salzburg. It wasnt the fact that they have won each of the last 7 titles that attracted me but their academy and training facilities are they are right up there with the best in the world.

Salzburg have been the platform for so many great players in European football like Sadio Mane and Erling Haaland and they also have a very young squad but this season apart (in real life) they never seem to do anything in Europe!

Now obviously they are part of the Red Bull franchise with RB Bragantino (Brazil), New York Red Bulls (USA) and RB Leipzig (Germany) being linked clubs with players etc and I will be using those link ups extensively in this save and have made those teams leagues playable.

The aim of the save is to finally get European glory to Salzburg and leapfrog Leipzig as the main team in the franchise.

--

RULES

So when I arrive at the club I am given these stipulations.........
culture.png

And that is what I am going to stick to however I am not going to sign anyone over the age of 22 unless they already play for one of the other teams in the franchise.

--

SEASON BY SEASON RECORD
SEASONBUNDESLIGAOFB CUPCHAMPIONS LEAGUE
2021-22

1642659150107.png

PRE-SEASON

So upon my arrival and having assessed my squad I quickly noticed that there is hardly any Austrian players in the squad! 3 were over 33y/o with 2 having already been jettisoned. I also noticed that there was only 2 wingers and even then one - the star that is Karim Adeyemi - I was planning to play up front!

Obviously Adeyemi is the star man and my hardest task will be to keep him at the club. Oumar Solet is also a terrific player while I have seen Benjamin Sesko do well however I have little knowlede of Roko Simic, Maurits Kjaergaard, Luka Sucic and Nicolas Seiwald to name a few other decent looking prospects.

Here are my transfer dealings.......................

OUT

Just the 3. Antoine Bernede was sold back to his native France as he joined Nantes for £2.8m while Andreas Ulmer my 35y/o left back also went to France to join Nice for £215,000 and I released 38y/o keeper Alexander Walke.

IN

My first signing was actually the first one that was recommended to me! Luca Kronberger has arrived from FC Admira Wacker for £4.9m. He is 19y/o, a winger, and Austrian, so he fitted the bill nicely although he does need to kick on with his development.
KRONBERGER.png

I was in need of a RB so I paid £2.5m to WSG Tirol for their Slovenian full back Zan Rogelj. He is 21y/o and will be my backup RB so he should do a job for me.
ROGELJ.png

Now unless I can find some wingers from somewhere I am probably going to have to play a different formation (SHOCK!!!!) with 2 strikers and with one of my main strikers out for 7-8 months I made a move for one of my go to guys - Matias Arezo. £1.5m for the 18y/o Uruguayan striker is a steal and we all know what he can do!
AREZO.png

Those signings were made before we struggled in the cup (a 14-0 win lol) and then just days after I brought in another winger. Bruninho was in the Red Bull system already at RB Bragantino and I paid £1.5m to bring the 18y/o to the club. Whether he is good enough to make me change back to my usual 4-2-3-1 formation is a different matter.
bruninho.png

--

JULY

OFB-Cup 1st Round
voitsberg.png

Lineup - Mantl, Kristensen*, Piatkowski, Onguene, Wober (Bernardo), Seiwald (Sucic), Junuzovic, Capaldo, Aaronson, Adeyemi, Arezo

Well as far as first games go this was a stonker!!! Our opponents were a non league side so we rightly battered them and we had 3 goals within 5min!!!! Adeyemi ended up with 5, Arezo got a debut hat-trick while Aaronson also scored 3. Despite that my RB Rasmus Kristensen got the MOM award!!!!! 5 of my players received an averaging rating of 10 - Kristensen, Junuzovic, Aaronson, Arezo and Adeyemi.

--

hartberg.png

Lineup - Mantl, Kristensen, Piatkowski (Solet), Onguenge, Wober, Seiwald (Sucic), Junuzovic, Capaldo, Aaronson*, Adeyemi, Arezo (Sesko)

With 5 goals in the opening 38min I thought that we were going for another 14-0 victory but alas we ended up losing the second half 2-0!

Great stuff, will be following. I'm currently managing Austria Vienna in an attempt to bring them back to their former glory, going well so far!
An idea I have had in the past with the Red Bull Group is to start as the manager of their Brazilian side, with the hope of then moving to the NY Red Bulls, then doing well enough there to move to RB Salzburg with the ultimate end goal of moving to RB Leipzig. May give that a go soon!

1642837881049.png

AUGUST

wacker.png

Lineup - Mantl, Kristensen, Piatkowski, Onguene, Wober (Bernardo), Seiwald (Sucic), Junuzovic (Baumgartner), Capaldo, Aaronson, Adeyemi*, Arezo

With 10min to go this was looking like a comfortable victory but all of a sudden they scored 2 late goals and it was anything but!!!! Christoph Baumgartner made his debut for us here and I noticed a decent looking Austrian teenager in their lineup so this was match had extra bonuses!

--

klagenfurt.png

Lineup - Mantl, Kristensen, Piatkowski (Solet), Onguene, Wober, Seiwald, Junuzovic*, Capaldo (Camara), Aaronson, Adeyemi, Arezo (Sesko)

Very disappointing. I have never even heard of our opponents so to not only drop points but to fail to score against them is a crime in my eyes.

--

austria.png

Lineup - Mantl, Kristensen, Solet (Piatkowski), Onguene, Wober (Bernardo), Seiwald, Junuzovic, Capaldo, Aaronson, Adeyemi (Sesko), Arezo*

More dropped points but at least I have heard of our opponents this time! Adeyemi had a goal disallowed early on and then they scored a goal form a set piece through Eric Martel who is on loan from RB Leipzig so his card is definitely marked!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 1st Leg
red.png

Lineup - Mantl, Kristensen (Rogelj), Solet, Onguene, Wober (Bernardo), Seiwald (Camara), Junuzovic, Capaldo, Aaronson, Adeyemi, Arezo*

WOW!!!!

Given our last 2 league results I went into this game with a bit of trepidation but we blew them away with 6 goals!!!! Arezo helped himself to 4 and Adeyemi got a double as we blew away the Serbian side and a place in the group stage is all but secured.

--

tirol.png

Lineup - Mantl, Kristensen (Rogelj), Solet, Onguene*, Wober, Seiwald, Junuzovic, Capaldo (Camara), Aaronson, Adeyemi (Sesko), Arezo

Thankfully we got back to winning ways in the league here. Matias Arezo scored a double to continue his good run of form after a sticky start (apart from a debut hat-trick lol) while Onguene netted his 2nd goal of the season.

--

UEFA Champions League Champions Path Playoff 2nd Leg
3-2.png

Lineup
- Mantl, Rogelj (Wallner), Piatkowski, Okoh, Bernardo, Camara, Sucic, Bruninho, Baumgartner (Kronberger), Okafor, Sesko* (Simic)

With a 6 goal lead from the first leg I played my backups here and even went back to my favoured 4-2-3-1 formation (I have been playing a 4-3-1-2). I gave several debuts and I was pleased to see Sesko and Simic score their first goals of the season.

--

graz.png

Lineup - Mantl, Piatkowski, Solet, Onguene, Wober, Seiwald, Junuzovic (Okafor), Capaldo, Baumgartner*, Adeyemi (Kronberger), Arezo (Sesko)

I am happy with this result as I have heard of Sturm Graz so to win quite convincingly away from home against them is pleasing. Our first goal was a screamer from long range from Baumgartner.

--

SUMMARY

We end the month top of the table and unbeaten but that doesnt tell the whole story as we drew 2 matches in a row which was very disappointing. We have been far from convincing but it is still early days.

In the Champions League however we were on fire as we smashed Red Star Belgrade 6-0 away from home to all but seal our place in the group stages. I played my backups in the 2nd leg and we won that 3-2 and as a result we have been drawn in a group alongside Barcelona, Lille and Wolfsburg.
1642839305147.png
1642839318617.png
1642839335176.png
1642839349160.png

As for the transfer window I strengthened the squad with 2 new players. Firstly I paid Hoffenheim £7m for 22y/o Austrian international Christoph Baumgartner. He can play all across the midfield and will be a valuable squad member. The fact he is Austrian is a boost too as we dont have to many of them!
BAUMGARTNER.png

Then on transfer deadline day I paid Anderlecht £1.7m to bring in Marco Kana. Although he prefers to play as a DMC that aint going to happen but he will play at CB or at CM. He is 19y/o so has plenty of development left in him.
KANA.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MATIAS AREZO
matias.png

--

TIPICO-BUNDESLIGA
AUG.png

The Red Bull Teams are always so appealing to manage aren't they! A history of success whilst youth building is the perfect match!

Best of luck bringing European Glory to the Austrian Giants! A decent start in the league and everyone knows what Arezo can do in the future!

Take a look at Unurhan Babuscu and Filip Ristanic from Admira Wacker Modling - i myself have played with them and they have both developed very well :)