Reaction score
I'm an American who is still learning his football. I am Man U and in a recent big match Nani gets a red in a game a I have to win for the Euro Cup. How do I deal with this tactically?

A red card means that that player has to go off the pitch for the rest of the game. You cannot replace him, and have to play with a man down for the rest of the match. Generally, what happens is that you play more defensively to avoid defeat.

Do I need to switch formations ex) bring on another defender or do I just switch to a defensive mentality?

That's why in our football players don't wear body armor: Players aren't allowed to beat the **** out of each other without serious consequence XD

Do I need to switch formations ex) bring on another defender or do I just switch to a defensive mentality?

You need to put in a defender if a defender got sent off. But if the player sent off is an attacking player, you only need to balance the formation a bit, not necessarily subbing a player on.

You can be more attacking depending on the formation you play. I play more of an attacking version of 4-2-3-1 and if a player gets sent off I go and still grab that win by changing to a 3-2-3-1 and it has worked numerous of times.

As Man U I typically play with a 4-4-2, therefore when I have a winger go out with a red I have one side left vacant should I move a Center Mid to the side even though it is not their position. Or should I leave the vacated side open?

I would take a striker off for another winger to make a 4-4-1

As Man U I typically play with a 4-4-2, therefore when I have a winger go out with a red I have one side left vacant should I move a Center Mid to the side even though it is not their position. Or should I leave the vacated side open?
replace the winger, have one up front - 441

as said before me, try to replace a winger with a striker, BUT, if you need to score you can take out a fullback and make a 3 man defense, or you can replace the other winger with anoter centre mid