Red Devils Days of Future Past ( YouTube Series )

OoscotsmanoO

Reaction score
Football Manager 2014 - Red Devils Rebuild Episode 1 - YouTube

View attachment 383821

As the Summer of 2012 came to an end it would be the end of an era with Sir Alex leaving, his personal choice to take over was David Moyes but the book makers had thought otherwise with David Moyes and Ross Scotsman being the 2 main contenders.

Scotsman had been a successful first team coach at Kilmarnock for 14 years seeing various managers come and go, Scotsman has experience in relegation dog fights to underdog cup winning seasons and the Glazers seen something in Scotsman's ability.

With the Pre season coming to a start, Scotsman would in turn shockingly overcome Moyes to become the Head coach of Manchester united

Once quoted that Manchester United do not require a big manager based on the fact of the teams ability to dominate when in the front seat, if Scotsman can make his stamp on the side early on and prove that he has the ability and determination to succeed.

Scotsman has been Given a 1 year contract based on his ability to provide noticeable improvement of the teams ability and league standing, This contact will be reviewed come the end of the season where his achievements are calculated and judged accordingly.

First day in the job the main task was to build a basis of how to push forward and keeping the Manchester United Legends at the club, My first job was to speak with the Ageing players in an attempt to secure their coaching roles with the side.

Rio Ferdinand was first on my list with his vast experience in being a captain his leadership will be a fantastic addition to the coaching side of things within Manchester United, being one of England's best Defenders for the past Decade he will grow to become United's First team Defensive Coach. Rio will as of today Retire as player and take a full time coaching role at the club.

3 previous legends were already Involved with the coaching, Nicky ****, Paul Scholes and Phil Neville who have already been integrated into the coaching role over the last couple of seasons all playing a part in the development of the squads youth.

The 2nd player to be called into the office was Darren Fletcher, Fletcher used to be Sir Alex's first choice in recent years but with his recent illness, Fletcher has not managed to get back to his best, I felt a great way to get him more involved would to be part of my coaching team helping with the mental side of the game and working with the youths at the team developing their thought process on the pitch to prepare them mentally for full time premier league football.

Another player to be converted into my coaching role was the Manchester United legend that is Ryan Giggs, Ryan has been an inspiration to us all in his time with the club and his ageing presence has had a lasting effect of the youth development of the team. Ryan will be involved with the technical training of the team making sure the club remains to play the attractive football the fans adore and love to watch.

View attachment 383843View attachment 383842View attachment 383841

Now that we have the basis of the coaching staff sorted it is time to Look Into the First team making sure that we are picking the right style of players to suit the teams Style and Ability

My Aim as United manager was to introduce the Youth into the side giving them that Premier league and Champions league experience as early as possible in their development, This had also been written into my 1 year contract.

Picking My Starting 11 is always going to be a difficult task but with some changes here and there we can come up with a balanced Side based around Experience and Youth making sure that these players are getting equal game time.

In At Goal keeper this was the only obvious choice for me with David De Gea being the most experienced and talented keeper at the club so he will be given the first team chance over the reserve keeper Ben Amos who will not feature too much based on ability.

View attachment 383840

At Left back we had Buttner and Evra with Evra being the obvious first team choice. However with my scouts out across England looking for talent I was promoted to perhaps consider the prospect of Baines or Luke Shaw, With this Contract clause of playing youth I was more for the idea of Signing Luke Shaw so this is what i set out to achieve, Rotation of Both Evra and Luke Shaw would be Vital in having a Rotating first team to help with the number of games.

View attachment 383839View attachment 383838

Moving onto Right back it was Always going to be Rafael but I had my concerns over his hot head and lack of concentration, he is great at going forward but I worry that in the big games he might get left out of position and cause issues for my defense so we looked into the prospect of signing Young Everton right back Seamus Coleman who again has the attacking flair but also has a great eye for Defensive positioning, So a rotation of both these players will again be a fantastic problem to have.

View attachment 383837View attachment 383836

Our 2 first team Centre half pairing will be Vidic who unfortunately is leaving at the end of the season, we will look into chatting to him see if i can persuade him to stay and Phil Jones the young and old pairing will be a fantastic partnership who no doubt will both learn from each other. In rotation we have young England defender Chris Smalling who arrived from Fulham a few seasons before and Evans who has been at the club for a while and is very much in my plans for the rotation.

View attachment 383834View attachment 383835View attachment 383833View attachment 383832

Onto the midfield and I have looked into having multiple styles and tactics for these players but based on their ability to roam I am going to allow the attack minded players to free roam and play to their own strengths, At central midfield we have a mixture of deep laying play makers to box to box type players. Out deep playing player will have to be Carrick who will be in rotation with Cleverly who hasn't had the greatest of expectations but none the less he will feature as a Sub/Rotation of the midfield.

View attachment 383831View attachment 383830

Beside Carrick it will be Fellaini who I have big plans for, using his height and strength to bully the opposition in midfield to help break up the play between defence and attack. Fellaini also has an eye for goal so the box to box role will suit him perfectly. Along with my new midfielder Florenzi from Roma, We swapped Nani and some money to bring in this outstanding Italian midfielder who is central but has more attacking attributes helping the link up between midfield and attack.

View attachment 383829View attachment 383828

Speaking of the attack having worked with the coaching staff we have decided that because Nani is now outward it leaves us with a winger short, So we intend of giving Adnan the thumbs up to start on the left, Given his young age we are concerned but he has the ability on the pitch and during training he has surpassed all expectations, he is very much like a young Ronaldo but with more more team playing ability.

View attachment 383826

Moving to the right hand side we have only one right sided winger which is Valencia, but we are confident that his ability in both stamina and work rate that he can handle the high volume of games that he will be faced with, we have also assigned a personal physio to work side by side Valencia to ensure that he has the best after care to hand just in-case.

View attachment 383729

We have had some big news coming from the central of the attacking midfield where Rooney would have been our No1 choice but after he declined the chance to tutor young Tom Lawrence the meeting got heated and Rooney was transfer listed without question, Rooney had became bigger than the club and felt he didn't need to prove himself to me, So given his disrespect he was transfer listed and Barcelona snatched him up for 40 Million also freeing up over 800k wages per month too, it was a good deal for all parties involved. So Mata will take on the no 10 type role in playing in behind the forward linking up the play and he has agreed to tutor young Tom. Mata has been very good in pre season and we cant wait to see the Spaniard in red.

View attachment 383825

Our main man upfront is going to be Robin Van Persie, His ability to put the team on his back when the game is against us will prove dividends as the season gets going, He's a natural finisher of the ball and will be the perfect poacher to link up with Mata. We are also concerned about Robins fitness too but we have good cover in Hernandez and Welbeck so we should be fine looking forward.

View attachment 383824View attachment 383823View attachment 383822

We as Manchester united will look to play the proper way and try our best to achieve the targets set up by the owners. myself and my new coaching staff look forward to the challenge and we shall begin the season in due course.

Football Manager 2014 - Red Devils Episode 2 - YouTube

I would like to take a minute to thank everyone who decides to follow this story, I don't think I'm great at story telling but I would love to encourage any advice on how I can improve.

If you like my story then please do check out the YouTube videos to go along with it, and again a quick like and subscribe would mean the world to me.

If you comment here or on my videos I will pick ones from random and rename you in my game as a regen and keep tabs as to where you end up in Football Manager.

Last edited:
The Story So Far

Series Link for YouTube Updated

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkERjq3S9owkumIh5QQZKFztLlYruTeC8

Moving onto the Actual season, we have had some up and downs with Morale and getting used to the changes, My Squad have been patient and we have worked through the kinks Via the long pre season,

We had Some pleasing results as the squad began to gel and work together.

View attachment 383814

Moving Onto August where our Challenge lay ahead we already had the opportunity to get the season off to a flyer with a game against Wigan in the Community Shield.

Winning 5-1 against what would call a very inferior side, I wasn't really faced with much media attention because we were expected to walk away with the result, but the real job was drilling it into the players before the game that this could eventually wrong and we cant underestimate Wigan.

View attachment 383812

This was only just the beginning for me as a manager and my players would in turn Progress into the opening game of the season with a 5-1 Confidence boosting result on their minds.

Man of the Match was given to Antonio Valencia for his Tiresome performance and we hope that this season being my only Right winger that we can expect more performances much like the same.

We progressed into august with out games against Stoke, West Brom and Norwich, many would have expected us to come out with 9 points, but we were faced with difficulty as Stoke Withstood our attack and caught us with an unexpected Penalty thanks to new boy Fellaini.

Our next game we Faced West Brom and it was a Much better performance with Mata grabbing a Brace in a 4-0 Win over the opponents. this was how we wanted to start the season but with 1 loss already under our belts the pressure had already been turned on from an early Stage. We had to keep the players feet on the ground and keep the Calmness inside the dressing room to try and build on this result.

Following our 4-0 win over West Brom we were now faced with a game against a decent Norwich side who Held on the entire game, me and my staff were left speechless as we failed to grab all three points, Mata again would be the man of the match for me and has Won the Clubs Player of the Month award with 3 goals in 3 games. this result in the end finnished 1-1 and it was again back to the training ground to work on some new tactics.

View attachment 383807

View attachment 383801

Progressing forward we then went on this Outstanding 4 game winning streak against teams like Fulham 2-1, Atletico Madrid in the champions league group stage 2-0, Newcastle 2-1 and finally a 1-0 result against Everton in the Capital One Cup. Morale was on a high and our lads had found form. Our star players for this month were Robin Van Persie and Valencia.

View attachment 383803

View attachment 383805View attachment 383804

both players had managed to Score and create plenty chances and were very much team players, So my awards go to these lads.

Unfortunately our 4 game winning streak was met with a New Spurs with Hiddink as manager, they out played us 2-0 in quite a dirty game

Progressing into October we were once again in the driving seat with 6 consecutive wins against some Stern oposition too, Wins against Juventus 1-0, Liverpool 2-1, Crystal Palace 5-0, Viktoria Plzen 3-1, West Ham 3-0 and Newcastle in the Capital one cup 4th round 2-0.

Some stunning individual performances once again as Mata Shone for my and my coaching staff along with luke Shaw, they will both reap the rewards and receive my Player of the month awards.

View attachment 383790

View attachment 383789View attachment 383801

This Concludes the story for now but we will be back after November to review the season so far.

If you are enjoying and want to check out other things then please head over to YouTube and you can watch me play this story out live to a point and if you get involved with Comments and Subscribes i will pick ones at random and rename you when the Regens become available on my save, we can keep track and see where you end up, thanks for reading and Hopefully watching.

Episode 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2J1CdCahuk

Episode 4

i got Just over 40 million from Barcelona i think the real figure was ?43m all installments