MrStu01

Reaction score
So the results are in and despite a close run vote and despite finding out a lot of interesting information about Colombia, Wales is the chosen career international path for this save.

The Wales Story

200px-Football_Association_of_Wales_logo.svg.png

16.7.2012- Due to personal circumstances Chris Coleman gives up his seat as Wales Manager!

17.7.2012- Englishman Stuart Moore is hired to replace Chris in an announcement that shocks a nation!

Can Moore step up and change the country's fortunes?

images

Football History
The 3rd oldest federation in World Football
Fierce Rivals with England and Scotland
Not qualified for a major tournament since 1958 World Cup
Made the QF stage of 1976 European Championships in old competition format

World Cup Qualifying 2014
View attachment 372164
A tough group to try and get through however starting with a clean slate is good.

Key Players
View attachment 372165 View attachment 372167 View attachment 372169
View attachment 372170 View attachment 372172 View attachment 372173

SO there it is. How Welsh football currently stands. 30 days until the first squad announcement for a friendly vs. Luxembourg.

Last edited:
I managed to get wales to the world cup on last years game but then got bored. Don't know how I managed it mind you, was a complete fluke. Hope you do well.

I managed to get wales to the world cup on last years game but then got bored. Don't know how I managed it mind you, was a complete fluke. Hope you do well.

Thanks and congrats on making World Cup. Hoping i can do the same but it will be a struggle. May have to be realistic and aim for Euros first

View attachment 372352

Wales story begins...

View attachment 372359

Luxembourg 0-1 Wales
Jones (12)

A drab but safe encounter for Moore's first outing as Wales boss. Despite a lack of goalmouth action he saw an impressive display from some new faces and a goal finely crafted on 12 mins. After the game the boss and Chris Gunter both refused to get carried away with the win.

images

The World Cup Qualifying begins

View attachment 372363
The 23 man squad confirmed has 5 changes. There is still no place in the squad for Sam Ricketts.

View attachment 372368
A blow for Wales qualifying bid!
Craig Bellamy has been forced to pull out of the squad due to a torn hamstring.

Belgium 4-1 Wales
Robson-Kanu (71)

A lacklusture display and some quality build up from Belgium saw Moore's team outplayed. Clearly suffering from the lack of influence only Reading man Hal Robson-Kanu was able to produce anything for fans to get excited about.

Wales 2-1 Croatia
Jones (1)
Bale (86)

A brilliant display of possession and heart saw a dogged victory for Wales over Croatia. The team performed out of their skins in order to achieve the result and striker Steve Morison was singled out for special praise from fans for his 100% commitment to the cause. Gareth Bale opened his account with a timely winner for the hosts.

Soccer---2014-FIFA-World--008.jpg

Group Standings

View attachment 372378

So after 2 games 3rd place is not too bad 1 win and 1 defeat our next game is against rivals Scotland. There is still chance to put ourselves in a great position.

Wales' have an incredibly hard qualifying group to be fair, it will be impressive if you can qualify out of it! Good result against Croatia, gives you a good platform to build. Can we see your tactics? :)

Wales' have an incredibly hard qualifying group to be fair, it will be impressive if you can qualify out of it! Good result against Croatia, gives you a good platform to build. Can we see your tactics? :)

Yeah of course will post them on next update before Scotland and Macedonia games :)

At the request of Safc-Mad-Scotty here is the tactics i am currently using for Wales. I would appreciate some help or advice as i am not huge on international management and so i am not sure what tactics work best with players or systems. My team tactics have not been touched it is only the formation i have tinkered with so far.

View attachment 372777 View attachment 372780

Obviously the formations are similar which isn't ideal so any suggestions will be very appreciated.