Red Hot Chili Peppers

Kytz

Reaction score
So what is your opinion on them, also.. What do you think about the new guitarrist? Personally; I think he's quite bad. At the same time, he might just need some time to "blom". :)

Also, I've uploaded Can't Stop & Californication from the live concert that was streamed on youtube yesterday if someone missed the concert.
Unfortunately, those are the only songs I recorded.

Can't Stop:
Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers | With awesome outro | LIVE ROCK IN RIO 2012 HD - YouTube

Californication:
Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers | LIVE ROCK IN RIO 2012 HD | - YouTube

Great band with some real good tunes, too many to mention.

My favourite album personally is 'By The Way'. If I had to pick a favourite song it would probably be 'Cant Stop' or 'By The Way'.

They're real legends, atleast for me they are.

But what do you think about the new guitarrist, is he up there with the rest of the band?

I've made my thoughts known on my favourite band ever before on these boards, but as for the new-look RHCP...

Well, they're not going to be the same. Frusciante's relaxed, springy style permeated everything they did, and his backing vocals contributed so much. That said, they're still capable of coming up with cracking stuff: 'Look Around' is great stuff. Josh Klinghoffer's no mug and a very talented musician, it's just that he has to replace one of the greatest guitarists ever, whose influence transformed the band from funk-rock to the delicate blend of styles we see today. Frusciante is impossible to replace like for like, and as such we need to view the Chilis in a different light to how they were seen before, not the same.

Still, sad as it is to see Frusciante leave, we have things to be thankful for. He's left on top of his game, with the whole band united, having conquered his drug problems. It's a far cry from the last time he left.

They're real legends, atleast for me they are.

But what do you think about the new guitarrist, is he up there with the rest of the band?

Sure. Just for different reasons. Klinghoffer is wonderful.

What GC said. He's good, but he's gotta replace Frusciante... which is **** near impossible.

Saw them live last November on the I'm With You tour... One of the best gigs I've been to.

Yeh I agree with GodCubed, impossible to replace Frusciante, he was totally unique and quite frankly brilliant for the band. But the new guitarist I do not know much of, hard to judge when someone first joins a band, needs time to build the chemistry, but he is no doubt a talented guitarist, but will not offer the same style as Frusciante I think.

RHCP without Frusciante is like listening to GNR without Slash.

RHCP without Frusciante is like listening to GNR without Slash.

Not quite. Frusciante was the base that they built their sound around, but he had ample support with Chad Smith, Flea and Keidis, who all brought their own styles to the table. GNR were much more one-dimensional. As such, it's easier for RHCP to adapt, and find another similar sound without having to have Frusciante.

Flea is a Sheffield United fan and he sang the Greasy Chip Butty song when they played at the Sheffield Arena. Therefore RHCP are ******* cool.