Afcwimbledon2

Reaction score

SotonKits.png

Full Name: Southampton Football Club
City: Southampton
Founded: 1885
Stadium: St. Mary's Stadium (32,689)
Colors: Black, Red, White
Previous Name: Southampton St Mary's (1885-97)
Nicknames: The Saints
Rivals: Portsmouth
Official Website: saintsfc.co.uk

History:
Southampton St Mary's were formed in November 1885 primarily by members of the St. Mary's Church Young Men's Association. In 1894 they were among the founder members of the Southern League. Three years later Southampton St Mary's changed its name to simply Southampton Football Club. After winning the Southern League six times the Saints joined the Football League in 1920. The Saints nickname derives from the club's original name of Southampton Saint Mary's and the stadium's name has a similar origin. The club's emblem includes the Hampshire rose (Southampton is located in Hampshire county), the Solent (a short stretch of sea near the city) and a tree representing the nearby New Forest. Southampton had a happy 26-year spell at the top of English football before a 2005 relegation.

Honours:
FA Cup:
Winners 1976
Finalists 1900, 1902, 2003

FA Community Shied: Finalists 1976

League Cup: Finalists 1979

Full Members Cup: Finalists 1992

Football League Division 1: Runners up 1983-84

Football League Divison 2: Runners up 1965-66

Football League Division 3: Champions 1959-69

Football League Third Division South: Champions 1921-22

Southern League: Champions 1896-97, 1897-98, 1898-99, 1900-01, 1902-03, 1903-04

"We've experienced the worst
We've fought our hardest
But to no avail
But now its time for change
Its Time For Redemption"

Last edited:
radiosolentlogo.gif

Pardew Resigns, Rookie Dons fan takes over...
A rookie AFC Wimbledon fan has taken over at Southampton FC after Alan Pardew resigned due to family reasons. The new Manager - Simon Vale, is a big fan of AFC Wimbledon, and feels that the play-offs are what the club can achieve even with the Hampshire side's 10 point deduction, after falling into administration and recently falling out. "I've been given £1million to bolster the squad, to get the Saints back where they belong. I'm thinking if we get through on the play-offs then start the next season in the Championship minus our 10 point penalty, we're in a chance of being in the EPL within 5 years."

Whether he does this or not remains to be seen, however expect full coverage of his first press conference as manager on BBC Radio Solent - on 96.1 and 106.8 FM, DAB Digital Radio and On-line on http://www.bbc.co.uk/solent .

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

sitelogo

Loads of Signings for Vale

Simon Vale has been quick to rock the Solent's boat with a load of signings and sell offs.

IN:
Jay Emmanuel Thomas (from Arsenal) - £525k
Nacer Barazite (from Arsenal) - Season Long Loan
Sefyo Soley - Free Transfer
Ivan Campo - Free Transfer
Ciaran Clark (from Aston Villa) - Season Long Loan
Bryan Hughes (From Hull) - £300k
Daniel Jones (From Wolves) - £525k
Total: £1.4m

Out:
Wayne Thomas (to Derby) - £65k
Callum McNish (to Crawley) - 5 month loan
James Lloyd - Released
Jake Thomson (to Doncaster) - £625k
Jack Boyle (to Peterborough) - £2.5k
Lee Molyneux (to Forest Green Rovers) - Season Long Loan
Joseph Mills (to Hull) - £700k
Lee Holmes (to Ipswich) - £100k
Total: £1.5m

A. yakubu is a great RB, did me till premiership. Try to snap him up. Also get ***** Topp, ignore scouts, gets about 1 goal in 2 games.

radiosolentlogo.gif

Southampton thrash Millwall but struggle against Brentford

More to come...​

U released Lloyd James and sold away Joseph Mills :(
Both are good players and lasted me till i get promoted to Premier league.

Anyway, good luck though (H)

radiosolentlogo.gif

Southampton thrash Millwall but struggle against Brentford

New manager Simon Vale has started off his life as manager of Southampton with 2 wins - 1 convincing and the next worrying. His first game was in the league against Millwall which well lets just say the Millwall manager might want to get. They lost 5-0 to a side who looked almost EPL in fashion, and played the New Denners off the field. Then on Tuesday either they had to much champers or they weren't bothered - but they struggled to overcome a heavily weakened Brentford side that was ravaged with an on-going injury crisis - Saganowski eventually scoring 2 goals to overcome a fighting Brentford in Extra Time.

Next up for the rookie manager - Huddersfield - a potential promotion contender with 2 star strikers in Rhodes and vaz Te - Vale's defence will need to be rock solid, which doesn't look like happening.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

banner.gif

Emmanuel-Thomas loaned out to AFC Bournemouth
New Southampton signing Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has almost immediately gone out on loan to the poppies despite featuring in Southampton's poor 2-1 against Brentford. However manager Simon Vale said "Jay needs experience and the poppies are almost certainly the ones to give it."

sitelogo

Manager's Monthly Update *EXCLUSIVE*

Southampton have come out of the starting blocks with a bang. There 10 point penalty already gone, undefeated in the league, and very narrowly knocked out of the Carling Cup by a resilient Reading.

Match 1:
Southampton 5-0 Millwall
The Echo Thought:
Brilliant Game - and we certainly showed our true colours. It looks like Lambert isn't coping well with the gaffer's tactics (a straight 4-4-2) and is certainly not going to pull his weight with current performances. I'm gonna need a right back to cover just in case our single one does. Other than that - well done!

Managers reaction:
Brilliant result, brilliant game - showed some problems of which will be solved. But if we can play like that every game I'm thinking we can go up this season!

Goals Scored by: Barazite, Lambert, Saganowski (2), Schneiderlin.
Man of the Match: Marek Saganowski
Give a mention to: Dan Harding and Radhi Jaidi

Match 2: Brentford 1-2 Southampton A.E.T (League Cup 1st Round)

The Echo Thought:
The unchanged side were tired from Saturday and it showed. It took two goals from Saganowski to save them from the embarrassed moments that could have been had Brentford took there chances.

Managers Reaction:
Not good enough - ok we were tired and with a small squad its unavoidable, but still - we know better. We should of played it simpler.

Goals Scored by: Saganowski (2)
Give a mention to: Bryan Hughes, Dan Harding

Match 3: Huddersfield 1-3 Southampton

The Echo Thought
Slight change in tactics to cope with the almost EPL quality strike force of Vaz te and Rhodes - not that it was needed. Aside from Huddersfield's single fluke of a goal they were quiet through out.

Manager's Reaction
Someone on the West Wing said "Victory is mine, Victory is mine! Bring me all your finest muffins and bagels in the land. Victory is mine". That's how I feel. Our tactics were just right - Rickie Lambert needs to get his striking boots on - 1 goal in 3 matches compared to Saganowski is not good enough. May need to sign a new player to cover as Connolly is really only good enough for the bench.

Goals scored by: Hammond, Saganowski, Hughes
Man of the Match: Bryan Hughes
Give a Mention to: Marek Saganowski

Match 4:Swindon 0-2 Southampton

The Echo's Thought:
Only our second clean sheet of the season, but Lambert isn't hitting form. Saganowski will get injured later in the season and who will be there to keep Southampton going? We don't think Rickie will be able to. Saganowski scored two blinders of goals against a lack luster Swindon side who played like relegation candidates.

Manager's Reaction:
Good performance by some - Lambert you got 3 games left before I replace you.

Goals scored by: Saganowski (2)
Give a Mention to: Ciaran Clark and Dan Harding

Match 5: Southampton 2-0 Brentford

The Echo's thought:
After a lacklustre performances against Brentford in the Cup, it was nice to see some decent play from Southampton. Saganowski once against scoring two. Lambert = epic fail despite getting so many chances.

Managers reaction:
Lambert your testing me now, SCORE. Well done everyone else - really good performance. Can you hold it up against Reading in the Carling Cup?

Goals scored by: Saganowski (2)
Give a Mention to: Graeme Murty and Dan Harding

Match 6: Reading 2-1 Southampton A.E.T (Carling Cup 2nd Round)

The Echo's thought:
Poor by Southampton by awful by Reading - worst match seen at the madjeski in some time. Jaidi the best player on the pitch, scoring Southampton's only goal - Reading's both flukes when players were tired.

Managers Reaction: If we weren't so tired from Saturday we might of beaten Reading, and its a good sign - they are a very strong Championship side who should of probably thrashed us. Lambert - your time has run out.
Goal Scored By: Jaidi
Man of the Match: Radhi Jaidi
Give a mention to: Graeme Murty

Overall this Month:
Top Scorer: Marek Saganowski (9 goals)
Fans Player of the Month: Marek Saganowski
Managers Player of the Month: Marek Saganowski/Radhi Jaidi

Won: 5
Drawn: 0
Lost: 1
Goals Scored: 14
Conceded: 4