Redknapp blames wantaway players

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 2K
Well I'm half Scottish and half English and it doesn't take a genius to understand that it wouldn't work. But this is totally hypothetical, Moyes wouldn't manage England.

As for SAF, really? I mean, come on..

I don't have anything against foreign managers managing England, I just feel they do it for the paycheck more than the country.. I don't consider Scottish or Welsh foreign obviously, but that would just be strange..

Didn't realise I was the only one with the opinion that having a Scottish manager would be weird, my bad..

Harry Redknapp would not be doing for country, Everything Harry does is for his own personal glory rather than club passion or for professional desire. I want some who strives to me the very best, whether its because of their passion for their country, or as utmost professionals for the paycheck, and the trophy. Give me a Capello, Moyes, Ancelotti over a chancer like Redknapp anyday

Tbh, as much I'd like to see Moyesy managing England, I think he should manage Scotland. They need someone like him to give the squad a breath of fresh air and get them back on the footballing map. Scottish football has been stuck in a mire and he'd be ideal to get them out of the rut.

Harry Redknapp would not be doing for country, Everything Harry does is for his own personal glory rather than club passion or for professional desire. I want some who strives to me the very best, whether its because of their passion for their country, or as utmost professionals for the paycheck, and the trophy. Give me a Capello, Moyes, Ancelotti over a chancer like Redknapp anyday

I never even said I wanted Redknapp, just that Moyes is unrealistic. Stop taking what I'm saying out of context people, jeeez.

I never even said I wanted Redknapp, just that Moyes is unrealistic. Stop taking what I'm saying out of context people, jeeez.

i was referring to your point about you feeling foreign managers do it for the paycheck.

i was referring to your point about you feeling foreign managers do it for the paycheck.

Ah right, well Redknapp isn't the only English manager.. Although in all fairness McClaren did it out of passion and look where that got us. We will have to wait and see what happens I guess, although the FA is retarded so I'm not expenting an amazing appointment. Mourinho please :P

I find it amusing that the one manager who is always giving the press a 'soundbite' on the players he would sign, is ****** that one of his own players head was turned.

Ah right, well Redknapp isn't the only English manager.. Although in all fairness McClaren did it out of passion and look where that got us. We will have to wait and see what happens I guess, although the FA is retarded so I'm not expenting an amazing appointment. Mourinho please :P

I would like an English manager, just not the expense of other key skills.

Wasn't Redknapp a God last year? Now everyone hates him. Weird.

Wasn't Redknapp a God last year? Now everyone hates him.

That's exactly what I was about to say.

He's not THAT bad, everybody. Tottenham fans calling for his sacking should remember what he did to turn them from mid table fodder under Ramos to Champions League challengers and indeed achievers.

That's exactly what I was about to say.

He's not THAT bad, everybody. Tottenham fans calling for his sacking should remember what he did to turn them from mid table fodder under Ramos to Champions League challengers and indeed achievers.

That's what harry is always saying, but he never acknowledges his mistakes, everybody else is to blame,or they were beaten by a belter. And tactically he makes me cringe

That's what harry is always saying, but he never acknowledges his mistakes, everybody else is to blame,or they were beaten by a belter. And tactically he makes me cringe

I won't deny he has considerable flaws, but this witch hunt is taking it a bit far. As soon as he says or does anything everyone outside of the media seems to immediately jump on him.

He's still a good manager, and one who has revitalised Spurs. Just seems a little disloyal and ungrateful to drop him now, after all he has done.

I won't deny he has considerable flaws, but this witch hunt is taking it a bit far. As soon as he says or does anything everyone outside of the media seems to immediately jump on him.

He's still a good manager, and one who has revitalised Spurs. Just seems a little disloyal and ungrateful to drop him now, after all he has done.

For me, i cant stand the idea of him becoming England manager. He's a chancer. He revitalised them, and then has sat on his laurels since, while talking his way towards the england job. Spurs record since feb is almost as dire as Wenger's, yet I dont see anyone taking him to task on this.

Back