Redknapp 'in running' for England

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is in the running to be the next England manager, says Football Association general secretary Alex Horne.

More...

I think he will take it, and it will be good for England too a actually having a decent coach.

Would be a great choice. Spurs will suffer without him, so SIGN HIM UP.

Arry will take the job unfortunately :( Still theres two years till Capello retires :D

I think it depends on the state of the England team. If it's a complete shambles and he has to completely reshuffle I don't think he'll take it. Too much work would be needed and he would only see the players a few times a year. If only a few changes are needed I think he'll take the job.

Capello should just leave ): I want Pearce to get the job, with Beckham as assistant. Seems the way forward IMO.

Well, at least Harry would pick Huddlestone...

Don't rate Pearce mate however I think someone foreign should take the job again IMO, England never win 'cause we always play an English style of football.

Please not Arry, well maybe arry could wheal and deal us to a world cup, that is his main talent after all/

He will definitely take the job when offered to him. It has been his ambition for a long time, and he keeps reiterating that whenever he's interviewed about it.

I don't mind too much. Harry has done a great job for us since arriving, and I am happy he came, but underneath it all, I don't really like the man. Bring back Martin Jol. <3

Most people know my personal opinion on Mr Redkanpp but maybe thats because living in Portsmouth i got carried away with the whole leaving Pompey twice saga. But he is the best English manager and he is a very good manager indeed. I believe his contract runs out in 2012 just in time for the Euro2012 tournement finishes and Crapello leaves the job for good.

Capello should just leave ): I want Pearce to get the job, with Beckham as assistant. Seems the way forward IMO.

I wouldn't give Beckham the job of cutting the half-time oranges never mind the ****** assistant's job...

Redknapp would make an awesome England coach, but I don't think he'll take it if he's still at Spurs. Shearer and Pearce could be a good combo, I suppose, if you want to go with young, hungry, former stars...

Personally I think it should be given to Big Sam... he'd soon whip the prima-donna's into shape ;)

Meh, we'll just take Mr Mourinho when Redknapp leaves ;)

I wouldn't give Beckham the job of cutting the half-time oranges never mind the ****** assistant's job...

Redknapp would make an awesome England coach, but I don't think he'll take it if he's still at Spurs. Shearer and Pearce could be a good combo, I suppose, if you want to go with young, hungry, former stars...

Personally I think it should be given to Big Sam... he'd soon whip the prima-donna's into shape ;)

so we can play hoof ball with heskey and Davies? No thanks

so we can play hoof ball with heskey and Davies? No thanks

I think you under-estimate Sam Allardyce... he does whatever he feels is necessary, and you can't deny it's effective... (and England aren't...)

Well, Redknapp has bankrupted nearly every team he's managed (Pompey and Southampton), so he might do it to Spurs, and then England. It would be hilarious!

Back