Redknapp Out - AVB In

Reaction score

View attachment 257057
Portugese manager Andre Villas-Boas has been confirmed as the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur, after the depature of Harry Redknapp. The Manager who is often referred to as 'AVB' has managed Chelsea and Porto, with one reign certainly more successful than the other.

There has been mixed views as to the appointment of AVB. Some fans are delighted that a new young, exciting manager with new ideas is to take the reigns at White Hart Lane. Others have made clear that AVB is the completely wrong choice for the job, and some say the likes of David Moyes would have been a much better option.

Chairman Daniel Levy believes that the process in finding Redknapp's successor was a very hard job, and that there were several candidates for the job, but AVB seemed to have the most to offer. It will now be interesting to see if AVB will continue his style of bringing in young players, or weather he will change and prefer the older generation.

Tottenham fans will however be most happy that AVB has confirmed both Gareth Bale and Luka Modric will stay at the club, claiming they are both 'irreplaceable' and 'key to any success'

View attachment 257058 View attachment 257059

Tottenham Complete Vertonghen Signing

Tottenham have completed the £8m deal for Ajax and Belgium defender Jan Vertonghen. The 24-year-old has become AVB's first signing as Tottenham manager, but he has revealed Jan will not be the only signing in the summer window.

Recent reports reveal that Tottenham have a £11m bid for Stade Rennais midfield Yann M'Vila knocked back, with the French side wanting closer to £20m for the 20-year-old. It is also rumoured that duo Heurelho Gomes and Giovanni Dos Santos are on the way out of White Hart Lane to join Sunderland, with the latter preferring a loan move to the stadium of light.

View attachment 257067

Tottenham duo leave for Sunderland, as Tottenham sign Goalkeeper

Tottenham duo Heurelho Gomes and Giovani Dos Santos have both joined up with Martin O'Neil at Sunderland. Gomes has joined Sunderland for a fee of around £2.5m, with Dos Santos joining on a season long loan. O'Neil is said to be very happy with the two signings, and will certainly help them push for a top 10 Finish.

One arrival at White Hart Lane was former Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor. McGregor was one of a number of players to leave Ibrox after refusing to sign for the newco. AVB is said to be very happy with the free transfer, claiming McGregor is "one of the, if not the best British Goalkeeper around".

In other transfer news, David Button was sold by Tottenham for £850,000 to Blackpool. Another player looked to be leaving Tottenham, but Jermaine Defoe turned down the contract offer at Sunderland, after a £5m fee was agreed between the two clubs. Defoe revealed he would be very reluctant to leave White Hart Lane.

View attachment 257069

Fans Anger as Adebayor's loan is terminated

Tottenham fans have made their anger very clear after new manager Andre Villas-Boas terminated the loan of Emmanuel Adebayor, seeing the striker return to Manchester City. Fans of Tottenham say they are 'confused' as to why AVB has made this decision.

Villas-Boas has called a press conference in the last hour, explaining why he made the decision:

"I know for many fans, you will be confused as to why I have terminated the loan of Emmanuel. What I want to do at this club, is bring in young talent such as Gareth Bale, to really make the team exciting. I want these players to be staying at White Hart Lane for as long as I'm manager. I see no point in loaning Emmanuel, as he is not the sort of player I'm looking for. For one, he'll only stay for a year. If that turns out really well, I'm sure Manchester City would want to keep him. Man City have a lot of money, and Emmanuel could easily be persuaded to stay there. I just feel we could bring in a striker who wants to prove himself. I already have many targets, and a new striker should be here in the next couple of weeks".

In other news at White Hart Lane, Rafael Van Der Vaart may be on his way out to PSG, but manager AVB has said no formal bid as been made from the French Club.

View attachment 257144

Tottenham sign Brazilian Striker

Tottenham have signed young Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao from Internacional, for a large fee of £26.5m. After the loan termination of Emmanuel Adebayor, it was obvious that Tottenham needed to buy. The fans are excited at the prospect of having a young Brazilian join the team, but admit the money involved makes it a risk. Villas-Boas believes that Tottenham haven't payed over the odds in the slightest:

"Leandro is a special player, like most Brazilian players. He is full of tricks, and an intelligent player. I compare him to a lot of great Brazilian strikers over the years. I believe he can become a Tottenham hero, and I need the fans to get 100% behind him. When a young player moves so early in his career, it may be a little hard to settle in at first. He needs to feel welcome. Then, he can blossom. Damiao was the exact sort of striker I was looking for when I arrived here. He definetely has alot of potential".

A couple of players have left White Hart Lane. Rafael Van Der Vaart completed a £10m move to French side PSG. Van Der Vaart believes the money involved was 'too much to turn down'. Jermaine Defoe has also left Tottenham, on a season long loan to Lyon. If the loan move goes well, a permanent move may be on the cards.

View attachment 257202

Cottbus 2-2 Tottenham (Pre Season Friendly)

Tottenham had to come from behind to ****** a draw against German side Cottbus. The Germans took the lead through Konaveter inside 8 minutes, and then doubled their lead on the 42nd minute through Straith. Subsitute Michael Dawson and Kyle Walker both got the goals for Tottenham to see the game finish level.

Tottenham XI

Friedel
Walker
Kaboul (Dawson 45')
Vertonghen
Assou-Ekotto
Bale (Townsend 45')
Huddlestone (Parker 45')
Lennon
Modric
Livermore
Damiao

Unused Substitues

Cudicini
McGregor
Khumalo

View attachment 257203

Tottenham sign Adel Taarabt

New Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas made his 4th signing with the club, by completing the £5.5m move for QPR Playmaker Adel Taarabt. Taarabt was told by Mark Hughes that he was not in his plans, but AVB believes that Taarabt has a lot to offer in higher level football.

"I think Adel is an absolutely fantastic player. He is one of the most skillful players in the league, and without him, QPR would not of got near the Top of the table last season. I feel Adel has been treated unfairly at QPR, especially after all he did last season. He now has the chance to player at a better club, and to play in Europe this season. £5.5m. An absolute bargain deal."

Taarabt was a Tottenham player before his QPR days, but he has become a much better player because of the first team football he has been getting.

View attachment 257246

Bielefeld 0-2 Tottenham (Pre Season Friendly)

Substitute Aaron Lennon scored both goals in the second half as Tottenham saw off German side Bielefeld.

Tottenham XI

McGregor
Vertonghen
Khumalo (Kaboul 45')
Dawson
Assou-Ekotto
Townsend
(Bale 45')
Parker (Huddlestone 45')
Walker (Lennon 45')
Modric (Livermore 45')
Taarabt
Damiao

Unused Substitues

Cudicini
Friedel

View attachment 257247

Letting Defoe go on loan wasn't a smart move IMO :/ And I don't think Taarabt is a better choice than VDV. But as a Spurs fan, I loved to read that you let Gomes go hahaha he's rubbish. Keep going, I'm a follower!!

Villas-Boas announces 5th Signing

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas announced his 5th summer signing - Dutch Striker Luuk De Jong. Only the two clubs involved know how much money was involved, as Tottenham's website reveal it as an 'Undisclosed Fee'. Luuk De Jong is said to be one for the future, which has been AVB's priority since taking charge at White Hart Lane. Fans are excited with the young talent that their manager is bringing in, but AVB revealed he may not be the last signing Tottenham make before the start of the new season.

One player who left Tottenham was David Bentley. The midfielder agreed terms with Fulham, for a deal around £500,000. Villas-Boas revealed he was one of the players who were not needed. South African midfielder Steven Pienaar is also rumoured to be leaving the club.

View attachment 257248

Cheers for the reply, I know letting go of Defoe may not be a smart move, but I'm trying to bring in young talent. I see what you mean about Gomes though, he's terrible!

Leyton Orient 1-5 Tottenham (Pre Season Friendly)

Andros Townsend scored a hat-trick for Tottenham as they saw off Leyton Orient. Aaron Lennon and Jan Vertonghen were also on the score sheet for Tottenham. Jamie Cuerton got one for the home side, but by then it was too late.

Tottenham XI

McGregor (Cudicini 45')
Walker
Kaboul (Dawson 74')
Vertonghen (Khumalo 74')
Assou-Ekotto
Bale

Livermore (Parker 45')
Lennon
Townsend
Taarabt (Modric 45')
Damiao

Unused Substitues

Friedel
Huddlestone

View attachment 257260

In other news at the club, Andros Townsend signed a new 5 Year Deal, and Massimo Luongo left for West Brom, for a fee of £375,000.

San Jose 2-0 Tottenham (Pre Season Friendly)

Tottenham's final pre-season friendly ended in disaster, as they were beaten by American side San Jose. Goals from Donaldson and Watson were enough to see them win. There was also a worry, as Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao picked up an injury.

Tottenham XI

McGregor
Huddlestone
Dawson
Vertonghen
Assou-Ekotto (Walker 45')
Bale
Parker
Lennon (Townsend 45')
Taarabt (Livermore 45')
Modric
Damiao (Khumalo 72')

Unused Substitues

Friedel
Kaboul

View attachment 257266

Tottenham Announce Captain

Just a few days before Tottenham's opening day of the season against Man City, Tottenham have announced Luka Modric will be the captain for the season. Modric said he is delighted to be given such a great honour, claiming that being captain of a big team is something very special. English midfielder Tom Huddlestone has been announced as Vice Captain.

Elsewhere, Carlo Cudicini was released by the club. Cudicini was not near to getting a starting place, and the club and the player agreed it was best if he left.

Tottenham were also drawn Maccabi Tel-Aviv in the Europa League Fourth Qualifying Round.

View attachment 257270

As an Arsenal fan, I will hope you don't win a single trophy. |) Good start, mate! :D

Manchester City 0-1 Tottenham (Premier League)

Gareth Bale scored the only goal as Tottenham shocked Manchester City in the opening game of the season. City were the far more dominant side in the match, but couldn't take their chances.

Tottenham XI

Friedel
Walker
Kaboul
Vertonghen
Assou-Ekotto
Bale
Huddlestone (Livermore 68')
Lennon
Townsend (Dawson 83')
Modric
De Jong (Taarabt 56')

Unused Substitues

McGregor
Parker
Lancaster
Khumalo

View attachment 257273

Following mate, but when u announce the squad, could u do it using the formation so we know where everyone is on the pitch, thanks mate!

Tottenham 3-0 Maccabi Tel-Aviv (Europa League)

Goals from Adel Taarabt, Gareth Bale and Jan Vertonghen helped Tottenham see of Maccabi Tel-Aviv 3-0.

Tottenham XI

McGregor
Walker (Dawson 90')
Vertonghen
Kaboul
Assou-Ekotto
Lennon (Townsend 45')
Parker
Bale
Livermore (De Jong 76')
Modric
Taarabt