Redknapp plans Beckham loan offer

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham Hotspur will make enquiries about taking former England captain David Beckham on loan from LA Galaxy, says manager Harry Redknapp.

More...

Apart from financial gain, I see no other benefit to Spurs in this deal.

This does seem pointless, he's not going to put lennon on the bench and we already have backup in bentley and dos santos, providing they will still be at spurs.

its a good move, becks has the experience to rise to the challenge

Is he serious?

Too old, too slow, will bring nothing to the team. Can't drop Lennon or any other midfielder tbh.

spurs don't need him they have a brilliant midfield already

Bale ---- Modric --- Van Der Vaart --- Lennon

I guess he's going to be loaned to stay on the bench?

He's already said he wont come in and take Lennon's place, this would be a brilliant deal, as Beckham's invaluable experience would be so vital, he could help Lennon improve his crossing and would know all about our upcoming oppenents A.C. Milan.

Brilliant move.

Beckham is able to play in the centre because he has great passing ability. He'd be great if he had a work hose like Palacios next to him. Redknapp must be struggling with who to pick at the moment though so to bring in another midfield player is bound to make certain players unhappy.

I think it's a good idea. With the money they'll get from shirt sales they can get some really good players in the summer and mount a real title challenge.

I think it's a good idea. With the money they'll get from shirt sales they can get some really good players in the summer and mount a real title challenge.

I doubt we will sell that many shirts with Beckham only coming for 2 months

I'm not happy about this signing.

Sure, he can offer experience, but I doubt he's being signed purely for that role. I don't want him replacing any of our current midfield.