Redknapp praises positive Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says his team's positive approach paid dividends against Manchester City as they clinch a Champions League spot.

More...

It did! I've been waiting 23 years for Tottenham to rub shoulders with Europe's top dogs. I'm very happy and half expecting an alarm clock to go off and wake me up.In dreamland tonight. On the downside, I'm hammered and had to get my missus to spell check this post before posting, lol. Please don't lose to some random team from Estonia or somewhere in qualifiers. COYS!

It did! I've been waiting 23 years for Tottenham to rub shoulders with Europe's top dogs. I'm very happy and half expecting an alarm clock to go off and wake me up.In dreamland tonight. On the downside, I'm hammered and had to get my missus to spell check this post before posting, lol. Please don't lose to some random team from Estonia or somewhere in qualifiers. COYS!
you wont even make it past the group stages

Depends who they get in the group, if they do qualify for the group stage. They could get a really easy group. Then again they could get a really hard group.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Jealousy?

They have a strong squad and have performed well above standards. It depends who they get - they might get a *** team or an easy draw. Never know these days.

Jealousy?

They have a strong squad and have performed well above standards. It depends who they get - they might get a *** team or an easy draw. Never know these days.
im not jealous actually, dont know whats gotten into you recently against me, anyway i dont think that they will succeed because they dont have the best squad to compete with some of the teams in there, and i dont think that they have the money to get in some really good champions league players,

im not jealous actually, dont know whats gotten into you recently against me, anyway i dont think that they will succeed because they dont have the best squad to compete with some of the teams in there, and i dont think that they have the money to get in some really good champions league players,

I'm about 90% Sure in the other Spurs thread you said 'I'm so jealous' oO) Could be wrong.

Anyway.. Cause they have got this 'Top 4' Place, better players will want to join them, they will get money for getting into the Champions League, and they will get a fair amount for finishing 4th ( And could still finish 3rd ) So I'm pretty sure they will have money.

And why do they need loads of money? We've seen it does not buy success ;)

If we get to the group stages I'll be over the moon :) Have you seen the possible opponents for the qualifying round? Porto, CSKA, and numerous others are in there.

I know you're a city fan, but we deserved it tonight. Better tactics, better manager and better players. You might thrash us next year with all your billions, but at least let us take some credit for tonight.

Now's the time for Joe to get his chequebook again -- we have our own multi, multi, multi millionaire too, but he prefers to build each year, rather than demand everything in one go.

I'm about 90% Sure in the other Spurs thread you said 'I'm so jealous' oO) Could be wrong.

Anyway.. Cause they have got this 'Top 4' Place, better players will want to join them, they will get money for getting into the Champions League, and they will get a fair amount for finishing 4th ( And could still finish 3rd ) So I'm pretty sure they will have money.

And why do they need loads of money? We've seen it does not buy success ;)
Chelsea won the league spending money

weve had it for 2 seasons, we will be up there eventually, cant see how liverpool fans can bost anyway, youre part of the big four and 7th? come on man

Well.. We're not part of the 'Big four' now. (H)

Why bring up Liverpool anyway? It's a Spurs thread. 'Come on man'

I think it was very ambitous of Harry to try and attack at Man City, they could have spoiled the game and played for the draw getting every man behind the door.

Instead they decided to play to their strengths and rip apart the very over rated man city back line

quote from a villa friend of mine, who has been to every home and away game of their season!
"worst defence he has seen this season"

i wouldn't go that extreme, but i think if they can become more organised and solid at the back, 4th is good enough as theres without spending money.

so Harry was probably right to be ambitious with his tactics, knowing man city's weak point

although he sometimes annoys me, fair play to him

I think it was very ambitous of Harry to try and attack at Man City, they could have spoiled the game and played for the draw getting every man behind the door.

Instead they decided to play to their strengths and rip apart the very over rated man city back line

quote from a villa friend of mine, who has been to every home and away game of their season!
"worst defence he has seen this season"

i wouldn't go that extreme, but i think if they can become more organised and solid at the back, 4th is good enough as theres without spending money.
I guess he didnt watch us against burnley then, tell your friend to get off the Drugs ;)

Just to clarify... Tottenham are not paupers. If you look at the last few transfer windows they have spent alot of cash. They are owned by Enic (Chaired by Daniel Levy). Enic are owned by Joe Lewis who just happens to be one of the richest men in the world. The only major difference between Tottenham and Man City is that Tottenham (since Levy has been there) have tried to give thier manager (with the exception of Ramos) at least two years to get it right. Two years may not sound like much -- but it's more than most get.

I don't think we'll win the league or the Champions League next year, but I won't slag off every opponent to make up for my own team's shortfalls.

Next year will be brilliant -- I expect Liverpool and City to challenge for honours, and Everton and Villa to put up a real fight. The Premier League is regaining it's in depth strength and we (as fans) should be proud of that.

Just to clarify... Tottenham are not paupers. If you look at the last few transfer windows they have spent alot of cash. They are owned by Enic (Chaired by Daniel Levy). Enic are owned by Joe Lewis who just happens to be one of the richest men in the world. The only major difference between Tottenham and Man City is that Tottenham (since Levy has been there) have tried to give thier manager (with the exception of Ramos) at least two years to get it right. Two years may not sound like much -- but it's more than most get.

I don't think we'll win the league or the Champions League next year, but I won't slag off every opponent to make up for my own team's shortfalls.

Next year will be brilliant -- I expect Liverpool and City to challenge for honours, and Everton and Villa to put up a real fight. The Premier League is regaining it's in depth strength and we (as fans) should be proud of that.
finally an honest fan, dont see many of them around

Well put. I think we will suprise alot of people next year and will make it through the group stages just like we suprised City and Liverpool by grabbing fourth. Spurs have a good team spirit and thats what has got us where we are. Redknapp will be given a certain amount of money to improve the squad and Levy has been wise not to break the bank chasing success.

how can you honestly say that, they have the 4th strongest squad in this country.

They havent stregthen yet, they have beat arsenal and chelsea recently, who are considered elite european clubs. So they can easily get out of the group stages.

Back