Redknapp proud of Spurs' season

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 1K
Quite the overachievement, really.

Edit: Joke, they've been great.

If the Spurs manager was foreign and not 'Arry 'The media love child' Redknapp then his job would be under immense pressure. However because he is England manager-elect, the press will never say a bad word about him.

Absolutely spot on that Alex. He was on about winning the league this season wasn't he? And then that became qualifying for the CL, and now they need to turn us over on Sunday to have a chance at getting into Europe. If he was Henrico Redknappio, he'd be pilloried. As it is, he's good ole 'Arry who winds his car window down every time he sees a camera, and lord 'elp us if he gets found guilty in this tax case because we need his tactical expertise for Ingurland when Capello goes in 2012.

What did amuse me greatly was him complaining about teams no longer being willing to go toe-to-toe with Spurs and defending more against them. Yes, Harry, that is indeed what happens when teams start rating your team. Your job is to figure out how to break them down. not cry to the press that players are no longer producing moments of individual brilliance to do your job for you.

Absolutely spot on that Alex. He was on about winning the league this season wasn't he? And then that became qualifying for the CL, and now they need to turn us over on Sunday to have a chance at getting into Europe. If he was Henrico Redknappio, he'd be pilloried. As it is, he's good ole 'Arry who winds his car window down every time he sees a camera, and lord 'elp us if he gets found guilty in this tax case because we need his tactical expertise for Ingurland when Capello goes in 2012.

What did amuse me greatly was him complaining about teams no longer being willing to go toe-to-toe with Spurs and defending more against them. Yes, Harry, that is indeed what happens when teams start rating your team. Your job is to figure out how to break them down. not cry to the press that players are no longer producing moments of individual brilliance to do your job for you.

I believe Wenger was torn apart by the press when he first said the same thing.

If Redknapp gets the nod over Pearce i will cry

I believe Wenger was torn apart by the press when he first said the same thing.

If Redknapp gets the nod over Pearce i will cry

Benitez too. It's silly really but the press will play favorites I guess.

Think Redknapp is nailed on for the England job unless he goes to prison. Would be very surprised if he did a good job there but FA haven't left themselves with too many options - knives will be out for Pearce ('what's he won?') if they appoint him.

Benitez too. It's silly really but the press will play favorites I guess.

Think Redknapp is nailed on for the England job unless he goes to prison. Would be very surprised if he did a good job there but FA haven't left themselves with too many options - knives will be out for Pearce ('what's he won?') if they appoint him.

Pearce is tactically superior, just as good at man management, and knows the players and the future player far far better.

Wish the FA would grow some balls

Pearce is tactically superior, just as good at man management, and knows the players and the future player far far better.

Wish the FA would grow some balls

But as always the Fa will appoint a big name ratheer than the right man for the job. Arry is a wheeler dealer,nothing more. They need a clinincal striker and what are they lookin for? Another midfielder. ha, he cant get the idea that you need somebody to finish off the play... Would be a bad appointment for england imo....

But as always the Fa will appoint a big name ratheer than the right man for the job. Arry is a wheeler dealer,nothing more. They need a clinincal striker and what are they lookin for? Another midfielder. ha, he cant get the idea that you need somebody to finish off the play... Would be a bad appointment for england imo....

the saddest thing is we have a genuinely good crop of young players coming through, capable of playing more than one way, from possession to high speed counter. And it will go to waste under a manager who can only play one way, and not amazingly well that way either

the saddest thing is we have a genuinely good crop of young players coming through, capable of playing more than one way, from possession to high speed counter. And it will go to waste under a manager who can only play one way, and not amazingly well that way either

FA need to be thinking 8 years ahead. With luck, some of these young lads will be peaking by then. The next England manager will be gone by then unless amazingly successful. The appointment after that will be the key one. With any luck, by then the FA will be choosing the right man for the job whatever the nationality.

Untill Jan Feb Spurs had very good season then they had a free fall. Champions league run was epic though.

On England job i think it was discussed to death that Pearce should get the job. No two ways about it. England have such a superb crop of youngsters, all they need is the Manager who knows everything about the player and has patience to bed in these youngsters.

And England should stop lumping ball forward to Target man, instead they have the talent to keep the ball on ground.

i disagree

last season was even better,loved kranjcar last season

Lucas Barrios to Spurs? Another inconsistent, occasionally brilliant, occasionally selfish and useless goalscorer? ;)
Yeah, or Falcao ;). He scores goals and that's what Spurs need!

He probably wouldn't want to go to Spurs, considering he's just won the German league.
True, but Tottenham may pay him more.

I believe they have put a bid in for Klose..
Klose is too old and slow, in my opinion, although he does have the 'poacher's instinct' still. But I hope they're not paying more than £5m for him :P.

Last edited:
..And Rafa got sacked for going from top 4 to a similar position (without a transfer budget).

extension strategy

Definition
noun
a marketing strategy aimed at extending the life of a product either by making small changes in it, finding new uses for it, or finding new markets
Examples An extension strategy is needed to ensure demand for another few years. • The extension strategy consisted in providing a greater choice of colours and upholstery for the range of cars.

This season, we have been terrible in the league, putting a couple of results aside. Can't really justify how the majority of our team has played. The majority of the blame has to lie with our strikers too. We create a lot from midfield, with one of the most technically-gifted centre-pairings in the league, but it is worth naught if your striker can't score at least 10 goals.

A team supposedly challenging for Champions League placement should have a striker scoring 20 goals per season, with another on 10-15 or at least chipping in with substantial assists. This season we haven't been anywhere near the pace in this regard.

Frankie said:
shows how far behind us they are if they are ''proud'' with 6th, and we are disappointed with 3rd.

Who is "they"? Harry Redknapp?

I would have been happy with 4th this season, and somewhat satisfied if we pushed City close for it and lost out - but we were awful. That said, we're still behind Arsenal in beating the smaller teams by decent margins, which coincides with a large points deficit in comparison.

Back