• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is concerned over the fitness of defenders Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate ahead of the start of the new season.

More...

Well yeah, they've always been injury prone. Nothing new, they've got a few good CB's to fill in

Fookin' go out and buy one then :S...

lol this isnt news, they are walking sick notes. if you really want a decent run in the CL, buy a defender harry

Thats true Madsheep, King was playing 1 match a week last season, this means he wouldn't be able to play weekend, midweek, weekend which will be required this season.

Bassong,Corluka and Dawson are the main three,despite Corluka normally playing right back but Spurs should look to invest,especially since they've qualified for the Champions League and that financial intake will be a good way to improve the squad's defence.

Is Woodgate gone then, I've heard rumours that he has to stop playing due to injury.

Bassong,Corluka and Dawson are the main three,despite Corluka normally playing right back but Spurs should look to invest,especially since they've qualified for the Champions League and that financial intake will be a good way to improve the squad's defence.
spot on. if hes really looking to be constant top 4, another quality defender should be on the list

He should look into an experienced central defender. With Corluka and Bassong being relatively young he needs someone who has had top level experience, maybe someone like Marchena.

He should look into an experienced central defender. With Corluka and Bassong being relatively young he needs someone who has had top level experience, maybe someone like Marchena.
Beat me to it.
Best not get Hyypia :'(:D

Corluka is a right back lol, he's very poor at CB and I would not want him playing there at all, we've still got Kaboul as well, we need another top class centre back to replace King when he hangs up his boots. We need somebody with CL experience, and we've got Caulker coming through as well and he looks a future star so its not too bad :)

Kaboul is a solid centre back, maybe not quite as good as those two but he can do a good job, and is young. Dawson, in my opinion, is their most important centre back because of how much he plays lately and how well he's been playing.

I still believe King & Dawson will be our primary partnership next season, with Bassong filling in when necessary. Kaboul will likely act as cover for both centre-back and right-back roles.

I'm more worried about left-back really, with Bale pushed up the field, we only really have BAE in that position now.

I still believe King & Dawson will be our primary partnership next season, with Bassong filling in when necessary. Kaboul will likely act as cover for both centre-back and right-back roles.

I'm more worried about left-back really, with Bale pushed up the field, we only really have BAE in that position now.
apparently redknapp has said he'll play him at left back. i think he has the ability to be a genuine world class left back

They need a model professional like Gallas.

apparently redknapp has said he'll play him at left back. i think he has the ability to be a genuine world class left back

I agree, and would love to see him in the Roberto Carlos mould of bombing forward, but I believe left-wing/midfield seems to suit him more currently. I hope he does adapt quickly to left-back if Harry decides to play him there, because currently he's not good enough.

I thought this was Woodgate's last season because of his injury problems?

I agree, and would love to see him in the Roberto Carlos mould of bombing forward, but I believe left-wing/midfield seems to suit him more currently. I hope he does adapt quickly to left-back if Harry decides to play him there, because currently he's not good enough.
yeah like all young fullback, they are always better going forwards than defending. cole and evra has the same problem, he'll get better the more he plays there. i think you'll also start playing united-like 4-4-2 when you play in europe

I thought this was Woodgate's last season because of his injury problems?

Unless the situation has changed recently, nobody can diagnose exactly what his problem is and why he is in so much pain when playing.

I was under the impression he would retire before this season.

Unless the situation has changed recently, nobody can diagnose exactly what his problem is and why he is in so much pain when playing.

I was under the impression he would retire before this season.
its shame because hes such a talented player too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back