Reds boss Hodgson defends Torres

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson defends Fernando Torres after the striker's subdued performance in the goalless draw at Birmingham.

More...

he did look like he wasn't bothered and had only one good shot

i said its a shame but i think Torres has been worn down by the physical presence of the PL. I fear he will never reach his hights again.

he was rubbish to day and so was Hodgson why didn't he play gerrard in the middle of the park.

Because Gerrard is **** at MC, plays way better in AMC position, just my opinion

To be fair I don't think he needs to defend him. He's coming off a season where he was playing on an injury and has had very little game time to get fit this season.

To be fair I don't think he needs to defend him. He's coming off a season where he was playing on an injury and has had very little game time to get fit this season.

Didnt he play all the way through the world cup and during pre season, so tbf he has had the same amount of time to be ready then any other player.

didnt see the game was he really that bad ? he done well for spain mid-week.

to me, Torres looked like someone who didnt care to be on that pitch today.

I'm not sure what's to defend - if you hoof the ball to the corner flag for your one and only striker to chase after, how many times is he meant to beat the entire opposition defence and score in a match?

Won't single him out, the whole team looked awful bar Reina, Carra, Konchesky and Maxi

Typical fans of arsenal/man utd ETC ... Torres been out for a long time with niggling injuries your not guna come back and be amazing... give the lad a break.... aint it amazing how people were saying best striker in the world when e was fit... banging goals in for the fun of it AND liverpools quickest EVER player to get to 50 goals... rush , daglish, fowler, owen all beaten by this lad.... but OMG he having a bad start so basically should dropped and sold.... Lmaoo you'll all see when he back fit

Sorry but gerrard **** at CM :S.... did he or did he not rule the games for england from that position and as soon as meireles come on CAM and gerrard dropped to CM liverpool looked more threatening.?

too much of this
1277496422531i1sy.gif

Gerrard's 2 goals in august against hungary came when he was playing AMC behind zamora with 2 midfielders behind him

Didnt he play all the way through the world cup and during pre season, so tbf he has had the same amount of time to be ready then any other player.

Got injured in the World Cup and didn't play pre season.

gonna take time for him to be back to his regular self and is going to need good service, which by the sounds of it he didnt

I was at the game and he was shocking Johnson and Dann read him like a book all game

Back