Reds boss Hodgson defends Torres

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 1K
too much of this
1277496422531i1sy.gif

Gerrard's 2 goals in august against hungary came when he was playing AMC behind zamora with 2 midfielders behind him

lol. Brilliant dive :S

I was at the game and he was shocking Johnson and Dann read him like a book all game

johnson and dann read him like a book all game because we oomphed it up there where he was always gunna get beaten,

when we got the ball down in the last 15 minutes and Torres started moving, Dann and Johnson didn't look as comfortable...

Well he is never gonna beat 2 6ft+ defenders in the air when we hoof it to him. He had one half chance which he fluffed. What's to defend, he weren't the only player who was **** today, I think Roy needs to look over the tactics he is employing, we can't play route one football against a side like Birmingham, it's like trying to outplay Arsenal.

Last edited:
It wasnt the best of games today, torres played poorly. Hopefully he will pick up his form again soon. A glimmer of hope though, was that i thought we played much better when meireles came on, hopefully he will start the next game :)

dont think wants to be at liverpool anymore, he be gone january if he gets proper fit ,.

Not sure why this has been brought up again, if he wanted to leave he would of gone in the summer. What next, people saying Vidic wants to leave Utd?

If anybody should be wanting to leave, it should be Reina. He has been carrying the team for long enough.

And Torres is too brittle for the Premier league.

I agree with diplj and before Pool fans think im happy about it why would i be. He is a great of the PL and deserves to score alot more goals but something tells me his body has taken enough niggles in the PL.

U cant be expected to return to form as soon as u come back from a series of injuries and the support he got did not help him at all,Reina looked like he was carrying the team in the game sometimes......Really one-route football does not work if u have a striker like Torres who will lack in Physical Presence againts 2 Towering Centre-Backs....sure if there was someone like Ibrahimovic there then it could have been 50-50...Hodgson needs to have a look at his tactics again

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I agree with diplj and before Pool fans think im happy about it why would i be. He is a great of the PL and deserves to score alot more goals but something tells me his body has taken enough niggles in the PL.

Although you got a fair point there...I still truly believe that when he is given time to recover and become fully fit instead of being rushed for games,he will be able to cope and return to his best...the problem facing him as it faces any other nippy striker is tha defenders inadvertanely will pay attention to your legs and tried to owerpower u with their physical presence instead of risking a race with you

U cant be expected to return to form as soon as u come back from a series of injuries and the support he got did not help him at all,Reina looked like he was carrying the team in the game sometimes......Really one-route football does not work if u have a striker like Torres who will lack in Physical Presence againts 2 Towering Centre-Backs....sure if there was someone like Ibrahimovic there then it could have been 50-50...Hodgson needs to have a look at his tactics again

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Although you got a fair point there...I still truly believe that when he is given time to recover and become fully fit instead of being rushed for games,he will be able to cope and return to his best...the problem facing him as it faces any other nippy striker is tha defenders inadvertanely will pay attention to your legs and tried to owerpower u with their physical presence instead of risking a race with you

yer i agree with you. Thats why i thought it would have been a good signing if they got Carlton Cole because he could have taken all the physical slack whileTorres runs off him.

yer i agree with you. Thats why i thought it would have been a good signing if they got Carlton Cole because he could have taken all the physical slack whileTorres runs off him.

Such tactics just do not work with strikers like Torres who would rather run at their man than hold the ball up...now if the striker was a Drogba or Ibra then maybe the story would have been different,the truth is that Liverpool just do not have a striker who can complement Torres in a 2 striker formation so Hodgson would have to allow Torres to drop deeper...one positive was how much more fluid and positive the Liverpool performance had become when Gerrard dropped deeper to link up play while Meirless took his role,I would seriously ask why Aquilani was sent on loan because he would have been perfect for the CAM Role when Gerrard dropped deeper

Liverpool seriously need to rebuild their tactics

Back