dlau88

Reaction score
I'm trying to renegotiate Jack Wilshere's contract at Arsenal, but he is wanting £125k p/w and I'm just not prepared to offer him that much (I can afford to, I'm just strict with my wage structure). I've added an insane 'minimum release clause because that usually helps lower player wage demands, and given him an increased loyalty bonus/signing on fee) but he will not agree to my maximum £95k p/w offer.

Now, I've noticed this "reduce wage demands" option when you talk to the player, but it's always greyed out for me so was wondering what the criteria is in order to enable it and if it actually helps.

Thanks in advance.

you have to be insecure financially i think to use that option.

The player must also be in his last year of contract for you to ask him to reduce wage demands.

Hmm... he fails to fulfill either of those criteria. Thanks for the replies anyway fellas

I'm trying to renegotiate Jack Wilshere's contract at Arsenal, but he is wanting £125k p/w and I'm just not prepared to offer him that much (I can afford to, I'm just strict with my wage structure). I've added an insane 'minimum release clause because that usually helps lower player wage demands, and given him an increased loyalty bonus/signing on fee) but he will not agree to my maximum £95k p/w offer.

Now, I've noticed this "reduce wage demands" option when you talk to the player, but it's always greyed out for me so was wondering what the criteria is in order to enable it and if it actually helps.

Thanks in advance.

I think as Arsenal he is 1 player you should consider breaking your wage structure for. He is awesome plus HG and in FM13 £125k p/w is not that much for a player of his quality. You don't say what season you are in but the only way I would let him go is if you can find a very good regen.

At the end of the day you don't want to end up like Arsenal irl....

I think as Arsenal he is 1 player you should consider breaking your wage structure for. He is awesome plus HG and in FM13 £125k p/w is not that much for a player of his quality. You don't say what season you are in but the only way I would let him go is if you can find a very good regen.

At the end of the day you don't want to end up like Arsenal irl....

Ha... Arsenal irl. I'm far from that

I'm in my 3rd season now... my top earners are Gareth Bale £115k, Aguero £120k and Fabregas £120k (never should've resigned him tbh, he gets injured every other game...)

Ha... Arsenal irl. I'm far from that

I'm in my 3rd season now... my top earners are Gareth Bale £115k, Aguero £120k and Fabregas £120k (never should've resigned him tbh, he gets injured every other game...)

Fabregas is great for my Arsenal team! I signed him simply because he works out so cheap (Bought for £31m, got £15.5m back because of the clause Arsenal have). I originally signed him because the fans like him, and as a rotation option, but ended up being one of my best players in that season. (Stopped playing after that season though)

Fabregas is great for my Arsenal team! I signed him simply because he works out so cheap (Bought for £31m, got £15.5m back because of the clause Arsenal have). I originally signed him because the fans like him, and as a rotation option, but ended up being one of my best players in that season. (Stopped playing after that season though)

Don't get me wrong, when he's fit to play my MC/DLP support role, he usually beasts it. He just keeps on getting injured - checked the editor, his proneness is 14/20. Any tips on how to keep him fit? Otherwise, my romantic purchase is getting flogged off in the summer :(

Don't get me wrong, when he's fit to play my MC/DLP support role, he usually beasts it. He just keeps on getting injured - checked the editor, his proneness is 14/20. Any tips on how to keep him fit? Otherwise, my romantic purchase is getting flogged off in the summer :(

He was fine for me, hardly ever got injured. I just had him on an average training workload. But that was before the recent patch with the injury bug!