Patrick123

Reaction score
I'm now in my second season and suddenly my finances have taken a turn for the worse. Last year I didn't see red once and I got a good result every month, usually having a surplus of about 1-3 million NOK.

Unfortunately, this season I'm suddenly losing money every month. My main expense is taxes. During the previous season I paid a total of 19 million NOK in taxes, but this year they've counted for 22 million and I'm just in 8 games in.

My wage budget is currently 542 000 NOK, but I'm spending only 426 000. I did win the double last year so the value of my club went from 126 mill. up to 186 mill.

Do you have any tips for me? I should add that my biggest expense last season was also taxes, but as mentioned I wasn't paying nearly as much.

Edit: Even though I won the double both of my sponsor deals expired and I the new ones were actually worse then the previous. Annoying and unbelievable.

Last edited:
You're talking about Norway, one of the richest countries in Europe per capita... even the unemployed get taxed!!

to be honest, I have no idea how the taxes work, but I'd assume that the more money you have in the bank, the more tax you would have to pay on the interest.. you'll also have to pay taxes on the wages so if you have a high wage bill your tax bill will also be high...

but that's just guesswork!