irbis

Reaction score
Is it only me or do they always ALWAYS end the match when I'm in opposition half with the ball? It's frustrating especially when I'm drawing or in some cases losing, if I'm winning I don't mind that, but sometimes I have very good goal-scoring opportunities and the chance could win me the match, but the referee blows his whistle and ends the match.

That happens often IRL too. I've seen countless matches where a team gets a hold of the ball and looks to have a 3vs2 counter-attack going, but the ref blows for full time. Or how about that 1978 WC game between Brazil and Sweden, where the ref blew for full time as a corner was being taken - a corner which Brazil scored on, but the goal wasn't given because the ref blew his whistle a nanosecond before the ball was in the net. It's just a part of football, nothing unrealistic about it.

But IRL, at least in BPL, they let the team with the ball end their attack and blow the whistle when the is no opportunity.

It seems like they never let it go a minute or two past the amount of minutes there are supposed to be for stoppage time. I have never seen a game that goes 2-3 minutes longer than its supposed to, one of the few complaints I have for 13 compared to 12 (would happen quite often in 12, some games I would just be praying for the whistle to blow when it was at 95 mins but they would keep letting the other team take corners)

Yeah, it's happened to me a lot, in all previous versions.

80% of the times if I replay the end I find out the whistle went ouf an instant the ball was tackled by the defender, so no such thing as opportunity lost by it. In the 20% it's a play that looks promising rather than an actual opportunity.

It is so good when it does the same to the AI.

But in 90% of cases my team has the ball and is looking dangerous when the whistle is blown and it really seems that they strictly blow their whistle right when the stoppage time is over, I remember when in 12 I was leading by 1 goal and 3 minutes of stoppage time was given and that the opposition team scored on 90+5 or sth like that...